What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newest BC Strain Available

Buddha1

Veteran
I'm looking for a new strain to grow...something that taste, smells and has good to great medical attributes or is just fun to use(sometimes being happy and laughing is a great medical attribute...lol.).

If you live in or near the "Fraser Valley of BC Canada...have a favorite strain you really enjoy growing and of course using. Please post the name and detailed description(flavor, aroma, effects...etc., etc.) of the strain, so that I and others can start asking there local baby farmers about getting some clones of it.

Please only post strains that can be obtained from a clone supplier in the greater Vancouver area...Thanks in advance.

Peace...B

PS...Just had a thought...If you have a strain you would love to share with others in this community, but are not in BC...please feel free to post it, just label it an Alberta strain, Ontario strain, PEI strain...etc., just so time isn't wasted looking for something that's not avaliable in your area. It would also aid all patients to find special strains in there local areas as well.

Thanks again...B

mazar_man

Not sure how widely available it is but I scored it at a Van dispensary recently so assume it is around was something called "Tom Ford". It was definately an OG of some kind but way nicer than most I have had before including some of the more legit ones from the US. Congo, Red Congo prob has a few other names too or Sweet Skunk would be my sativa pics - think many would second those two choices too.

Tynehead Tom

Swordfish and Shiskabah
Only available in the seedbay GNF listings, as soon as they arrive there and get listed (enroute right now).
Bred and born this year, in the Cariboo Chilcotin region of BC, using classic BC bred lines.
Swordfish = BC med community Black Tuna clone only(mom) x Shiskaberry 3 f2
Shiskabah = Spice of Life Shiskaberry x Ustad Shiskaberry 3 f2

Tynehead Tom

been thinking about this somemore. I don't get down to van too often or the valley much but was born and raised down there. Is there even places to buy clones in van with a med grow licence in hand?
I really didn't think we were as forward up here as the dispensaries in the states that sell clones. I dunno maybe I'm just out of the loop.
I gave a tray of clones to a buddy on the weekend of stuff almost nobody has in Canada anymore (original 1998 spice of life shiskaberry) , and new stuff like Antenna purplelazerlite and a few others selected from seed mothers. Gonna see how long it takes the purplelazerlite to circle around LOL making waves in my circles already and I harvested the first ones a couple weeks back. Nice change from the usual BC fodder ;)

Rider420

I've not been impressed with the clones that you can get now in Canada, right now I've had better luck using sensi seeds northern lights x haze, black domina then the clones in the area. That said even my friends prefer different plants then the mothers I choose. Clones might have the strongest potency but like food or booze its more of a personal choice like coke or Pepsi and when you have five or more plants of the same strain your more likely to fine one you like better then the others. Remember commercial clones are chosen for great growth is that the only thing your after?

rykus

Congo has great smell and taste decent yielder

Viper also very nice smell and total bag star

Had a decent rock star but is a kush

Our MK ultra that went around was nice, dryer crystal than the pink kush and goes dark purple with nice hash earthy kush taste

The cookies around van was a total fake, lime green and huge buds. Tasty and decent strength

The tuna was another nice kush, faster than purple in growth and stretch, more like a greasy pink kush, pretty strong

The pink is the best kush IMO, fastest strongest and has great gak!

Saw a blueberry hp in the valley in some circles, great smell and taste, old bb Dom. But food sensitive and a little old..

ortsa1

If trump wins the election I'm going to give clones out of the strain "Trump" or maybe make s1 seeds. Its the heaviest yielder around it was the "private" bucket strain. It yielded more than BCHP, BC big bud and m39 and was also twice as nice. It got its name trump because it made many people big time realestate developers in vancouver from what they made in the 90s doing DWC buckets. Its potency is on par with any of the Kushes off the last 5 years. It shows no lag from a 25 year old clone either

Tynehead Tom

well, this purplelazerlite sativa (breeder- Antenna seeds) I'm smoking is fuggin killer and such an awesome change from what's been going around.
I dunno how many folks in Canada are growing these beans but i let a buddy take a tray of cuts off my outdoor girls, destined for lowermainland. So if ya all see the PLL floating around down there, you know where it came from :D
my buddy is a long time cash cropper , small to medium scale, and when he sampled the PLL in my jars he said it was a must have. Same circle i got my black tuna cuts thru.

corky1968

Veteran
I hope somebody in BC creates a strain with really wide buds and they call it Halibut. :biggrin:

I wish I had some Halibut steaks now.

rykus

I'd try it!.... Just for the halibut, lol

Ortsa1... I covet your bucket strain.... Must... have... more ...90's varieties

I'll send you some pollen that I'd deem worthy from our local coveted bucket champ... Been holding a few nice males waiting for some worthy calyx's to pollinate...

mazar_man

Sure everyone will hate on me a bit for this pick but I really like the purple kush cut, deep spicy and narcotic. The rock star I have tried was pretty good, thought it would have a bit of sativa high to it from the lineage but it was pretty much pure OG imo. I am missing what is so hot about pink kush, tried lots of batches and though I def like it none really stood out to me.. just plain old hp type, nothing really funky in flavour or looks and I hear it is a bit of a bitch to grow.

BC*Dankster*

Hey ortsa1, is the "trump" strain lime green , huge calyxes, and reek like rotten corpses and skunk ? I used to get a strain in mid 90's , and sounds like it could be yours. Any photos or more info? Thanks!

i.love.scotch

Not sure how widely available it is but I scored it at a Van dispensary recently so assume it is around was something called "Tom Ford". It was definately an OG of some kind but way nicer than most I have had before including some of the more legit ones from the US. Congo, Red Congo prob has a few other names too or Sweet Skunk would be my sativa pics - think many would second those two choices too.

I've had the Tom Ford as well. It's super potent for sure. High is maybe a little bland but its definitely a bell ringer. I've been on the look out for more of it but it seems what was around recently was one large batch that got dropped all over and now nothing.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Be careful with the sweet skunk it seems people think that fed version Island sweet skunk (some call it sweet island skunk) are the same as Steve's Sweet skunk which is much better imo.

S

sourpuss

Sure everyone will hate on me a bit for this pick but I really like the purple kush cut, deep spicy and narcotic. The rock star I have tried was pretty good, thought it would have a bit of sativa high to it from the lineage but it was pretty much pure OG imo. I am missing what is so hot about pink kush, tried lots of batches and though I def like it none really stood out to me.. just plain old hp type, nothing really funky in flavour or looks and I hear it is a bit of a bitch to grow.

Pink is a low yielder. I havent seen much straight pink lately. Seems more hybrid pinks with higher yoelds. Less gas. Less special. More mediocre as you are saying. If it aint gas in your face it aint pink..

Want something truely pink like grab a pack of headbanger. If not better than true pink imo... sour pink... yummm... nicer yield than pink too...

mazar_man

Seems like there are multiple purple kush cuts floating around too, just going from raw bud but the flavour differences seem too big for it just to be due to different grows. Main one which is that super terpy one that evryone seems to hate on, which I can see as I usually spend the first few days with it loving the crazy taste and the next few hating then goin a few months never wanting to see it again. Another is the one that runs in my crowd has a way deeper spicy flavour and is super nice but for sure is closely related. Then there is one from the island that is more grapey in aroma with smaller nugs that I would guess is not related. That's what my nose tells me anyways.. only ever seen the spicy one grown so can't say for certain.

mazar_man

Would like to nominate C-Weed as the ultimate BC deck clone, was pretty impressed with some a friend ran on his deck this year first one he put out in April or May already finshed more than a month ago anf was pretty nice outdoor. Never ran it myself but plan to next year, my understanding is that any type of stress (routbound, out to early in spring etc) flips it immediately otherwise it finishes first wk Sept. Might have to upload a pic of these because they really are cool looking plants.. super sativa in growth structure but with nice dense nugs.

ortsa1

Hey ortsa1, is the "trump" strain lime green , huge calyxes, and reek like rotten corpses and skunk ? I used to get a strain in mid 90's , and sounds like it could be yours. Any photos or more info? Thanks!

thats how i would describe it, sometimes it came with a more sweet smell. If you lived in nyc in the late 90s early 2k it was the strain that was delivered in those little plastic boxes for $50 a gram had delivery to all 5 neighbourhoods >30 min. I will post some pics up soon.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Most seed plants I grow are better than most clones I see. There are some nice Kush cuts but that shit is played the fuck out.

Latest posts

Latest posts