What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedling Stretch

Jdogdabface

Ive been popping MAD beans in the last few months, I ran out of space so I tried setting up an old florescent panel to store some seedling under, it wasn't made for growing and this is what happened.

I heard once before experiencing this that the particular lights this happens under is lacking a specific spectrum, leaving the seedlings stretching for the deficiency. Is this true?

Also, is there a way to put these back on track? There under a good light now, however there very stringy and make me uneasy compared to my other, healthy seedlings.

There Bodhi so Im not going to let them go regardless, just seeing if anyone has a way to harden these guys out. Maybe transplant and plant 2-3 inches of the stem? Or would this cause other complications?

Scientific responses only please, I'm posting to learn real stuff, not others opinions.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
It's not the spectrum, it's the intensity. Standard floros only put off enough decent light for about 18" from the light source. If you keep them close, they won't stretch.

Bury the stem when you transplant, it's about all you can do.