What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Keep you're personal life issues elsewhere"

U

usually

"Respect others and there personal space."

picture.php

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Looks like it was written by some asshole "mom & pop" growers who think they are/aspire to be some big "corporate" growing powerhouse.

Seriously. 16 hour workdays? And for what it's worth, 99.9% of the time people who say "NO DRAMA. LEAVE YOUR DRAMA BEHIND" are the biggest drama junkies and causes of drama that you'll come across.

They come across as some bossy people whom I wouldn't ever want to be involved with in any way.

plantingplants

They forgot a couple:

· Pay is $10 an hour.
· No outside food and drink. You must purchase from our concession stand. Water is not a free commodity.

I get that people want to keep their trim scene tight and focused but it sounds like this person has been hiring the wrong people. The one thing I really like about trimming is the relative autonomy compared to working for regular employers. Most growers respect that people don't want to be told what to do, how to act, where to sit, etc just so they can make a living. Regular employers act like authoritarians once you get inside their establishment (and sometimes they try to control you outside of it).

This person's requests aren't all that unreasonable but you can see where it's headed.

The Abolition of Work

Last edited:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
They forgot a couple:

I get that people want to keep their trim scene tight and focused but it sounds like this person has been hiring the wrong people. The one thing I really like about trimming is the relative autonomy compared to working for regular employers. Most growers respect that people don't want to be told what to do, how to act, where to sit, etc just so they can make a living. Regular employers act like authoritarians once you get inside their establishment (and sometimes they try to control you out of it).

This person's requests aren't all that unreasonable but you can see where it's headed.

The Abolition of Work

:yeahthats

You spill your concession drink in a bag or slather your scissors in oil that oxidizes pounds brown and you're finished

Lol @ carpal tunnel for 10 bux an hour...colorado sux

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just wanna hire girls. Take it how you will. I enjoy working with woman. When I was young I used to be a bus boy for a bunch of really cool woman cocktail servers and bar tenders. Now I would like to teach woman to grow in a safe environment. I respect them. No harassment. I really think there needs to be more woman in the industry, that do more than sell the newest vape pen in a bikini, and hand out dabs at cannabis cup. That's all there is to it.

reppin2c

Veteran
Forgot a few things. Leave your children and pets at home, coffee break is at 10, lunch at noon, cig break at 2&4, dinner @ 6, don't ask for a raise-earn it, the boss should always have a beer waitin on him, wear safety glasses and gloves if your using the fan trimmer. Next person who says shenanigans is getting pistol whipped.

There's a few others but I can't remember cuz we are rolling a small chill crew this year.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
10 bucks an hour is a joke. I think most the illegals around here get more then that? I pay my buddy 20, and my other buddy that works sometimes 25 an hour just cause he's had the carpal surgery and his hands/arms/elbows are fucked. I agree it would be awesome to have only chicks do it, they'd have to be topless and only in panties so they don't be taking your shit

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only would hire woman I trust. Most of my friends are woman. I wouldnt degrade them with sexist rules. That being said there would be no dress code other than safety gloves and sun block. They could wear as much or little as they want. Lol

U

usually

if each girl has 2 guys you end up with more guys knowing what you do then if you only hire guys. some have more then 2. lol.

U

usually

2's prolly a low estimate. you get a better version of life if its guy stuff from guys then if its 'guy' stuff from girls. lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts