What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

smoothness of smoke from coco pots

IngFarmer

Hello guys ,
One guy just told me that he cures for very less time his plants grown in coco..infact he says he does not cure at all, just slow dry and his smoke is still smooth... I'm wondering if this could be true..he says he flushes for 4-5 days, pure ph'ed water before he harvests and just slow dry...

So my question is, has anyone of you experienced this? this idea of almost no curing after intense flushing in coco for 5 days and still very smooth great smoke?, something I think is surely not possible in soil..or is this guy saying crap ?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've been growing in coco for along time now , so not much to compare it too . but i leach (plain water feeds ) for 2 weeks minimum & get a nice fade on my plants . i like knowing the fact that i've leached all the nutrients from the pots of coco & the plants by the time i chop ! I don't see the type of fade that i get from soil growers , especially water only soils . its like they can't leach the nutes out as well as i can .
but i still slow dry to get the best results . then i sweat them out 3 or 4 times to the point that they're as dry coming out as i put them in . then they're bagged up & ready to go . the only buds that get a cure are my head stash . no complaint from my custys ! :biggrin:

picture.php

usda101

I flush a week minimum and i know genetics has a lot to do with good smoke . It fly's off the shelf so quick i don't have time to Cure seriously . Some of my personal gets time to cure and taste better of course but clean burning ash and smoke no cure . I let the color leave the Leaves like Dansbud