What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buzzed by helicopter

The Revolution

Veteran
Yesterday I was in the garden when a black and white chopper buzzed nearby.. Im used to a lot of air traffic above, so I continued working while keeping a close eye on it. I heard it spin around and come back towards me when I took cover. The area is hidden well but at the time I had lots of stuff in the open as I was working. They came by a cpl times before I took off. Observing them they made a final pass very low almost immediately above the garden. Before taking off for good. Garden is not on my property, but is near adjacent. There's many ways to access area, with many neighbors nearby. Im absolutely shook as I went thru a great deal of work to plot, and hide the garden, and they seemed to have beelined right too it.

I left a lot of gardening materials in there, but have decided to not return, any time soon. Ive kept as close as an eye on the area as I can from a distance and have seen noone come or go in the last 24 hrs.
Id like to return to remove any kind of incrim evidence. I Immediately removed any items from the home. Illegal, and legal items that may tie me to the others at the location.
This happened to me several years back where it was buzzed by a chopper, than later by civiliar air patrol. I removed myself from the location, and didnt return until Nov. assuming the worst. When I returned in Nov. All of the plants were still there, and were harvested by myself. I obviously know I cannot return to the area. However Id like to remove the items in plain view, as theyre sticking out like a sore thumb right now to all air traffic. And perhaps be lucky enough again for the garden to go unscathed.
Perhaps its not large enough for them to get guys on the ground to eradicate it.. Perhaps it will be left alone but kept a watchful eye on through the rest of the season.. Perhaps they plan on placing cameras in the area in an effort of identifying whoever made the plot, and getting a prosecution..
To be honest, I wouldnt be heartbroken if it was taken and I was never tied or questioned about involvement. These are the possibilities going into this. I dont need any trouble, and am only trying to provide clean medicine for those in need.

Damn their laws, and oppression. I planned on producing enough medicine to last my family through the next year. 20% of the garden is near CBD only variety. I had a bad feeling yesterday while I was working, and I forgot to pray to Shiva..
Im confident in the next move, but am receptive of any advice.

I wood

Sorry to hear that, what a horrible feeling that is.
I hope it all turns out to be a false alarm.
I've been in several situations where I just accepted I was done and busted but have always made it unharmed by the system.
Good luck.

The Revolution

Veteran
Appreciate it Iwood. My nerves are absolutely shot, im afraid to even go into the yard. It's funny yesterday while I was in the garden i Had that god awful gut feeling.. I recall thinking to myself perhaps I should leave about some clues that would lead them off on wild goose chases, in the event the plot was found. Theyd think i was a sloppy grower who had left a bunch of personal evidence about but infact were fake clues..
Its incredibly silly, and ridiculous were paying these fascist to scout around the woods and fields to kill a harmless plant. How fucking ridiculous the eradication efforts are, when there's probably 100 ppl in my city cooking meth, and selling crack and heroin on a daily basis. Yet they're out in the woods hunting and killing a plant. Give me a damn break..

usda101

Damn Rev i'm really sorry to hear that , I know your nerves are Shot ! I'm a risk taker sometimes and don't wanna give any bad advice bro just hope all ur eggs weren't in that basket because i know how devastating that can be . Peace

U

usually

Sorry to hear that, what a horrible feeling that is.
I hope it all turns out to be a false alarm.
I've been in several situations where I just accepted I was done and busted but have always made it unharmed by the system.
Good luck.

Then don't do it. Genius.

corky1968

Veteran
Go 1st thing in the morning in the semi darkness to retrieve your items.

You have to go back and retrieve anything with your fingerprints at least.

From now on pay more attention to planes and helicopters.

Hide when you hear one. They can see you before you can see
them at times. Never look up at them, huddle under a bushy tree
and don't move until you can't hear them.

I used to water when there was just enough light to see your hands.
With trying to finish up by the time the sun broke the horizon.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Other than taking out tools I would only go back once to harvest and at night, something over your face. Green light LED. If you can get a cheap infrared detector that would alert you to any living thing close at night.

It seems they saw your garden. Only thing uncertain is if they care enough to stake it out. Small gardens do not rate that usually.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Put up an infared trail camera that looks over the garden from a distance. The sooner the better. Retrieve the pics at night to see if anyone has been there

The Revolution

Veteran
Thanks guys. I know I GTA go back for the items. And to clean up. It will b at nite and I will be ninja...just gta let my nerves calm. Planned for tomorrow early morning like first hour.

idiit

Veteran
happens to me all the time. I have a 50% historical loss rate on outdoor guerilla gardens in the first two years.

it is a blood pounding experience to have leo helicopters buzzing overhead so low their skis are just above tree level. :)

i'm going horizontal in most gardens this year. i'm hoping this destroys most of the profile of the plant they are looking for.

I always have cover to get under in every one of my guerilla gardens when I hear that " thump, thump, thump". I have anywhere from 5-30 seconds depending on location to hit the cover. I always keep my stuff in the woods instead of leaving it out in the open and carry what I need into the garden so I can take it with me if I have to dive for cover.

I've only had one leo helicopter come overhead while I was in one of my gardens so far this year. I got hidden in time, he saw nothing and left. when they see something they get down close and personal; you'll know.

yahooman

if its adjacent to your home id pull plants and any incriminating evidense and move on.....if a chopper is flying that low id never take the chance,they would figure out its you....not worth it bro

The Revolution

Veteran
idiit u know exactly man.. Yahooman it's totally worth it. Ive been doing this for over 15 years, and every bit of it is worth it. Should I just go out and pull the plants and throw them to the ground.. ? Just say fuck it, u got me? Let those old genetics be lost for ever, only to be remembered. Tell everyone Im sorry there will be no harvest this season, you're on your own..? Ive never rolled over and I wont start today.

I hit the garden about 400 this am. Scouted the surrounding area from the cover of the brush, and moved in very slow, keeping an ear to the air for anything. Must have gotten bitten by 100 mosquitoes moving a cpl ft/min.. Paying close attention to the ground there were no trails, noone had been in there.. I could smell the plants as i neared them, Everything looks different at night.
Nothing was touched, everything in the same positions I left them a cpl days prior. I dont know what to think. I tidied the place up best i could, grabbed my personal stuff and after rubbing a few plant stems, and admiring the growth in the last cpl days I got the fuck outta there. It's still dark, and I cant help but think there's still a few dozen root bound plants sitting around the edge that need repotted badly. These arent just some schwag plants, there's old school genetics in there. These are my breeder plants.
I gta get back out there and get them in some respectable pots... Im going to head back out tomorrow morning just before sun up, when I can hear and sense everything just before the birds start chirping and handle my business..w

idiit

Veteran
you got any males in there or all females?

I had a spot that was under surveillance ( I saw a guy with a badge around his neck outside the patch). I asshole and elbowed outa there but I came back at a safe time. they left the plants and were hoping to catch the grower in the act. I came in thru the woods. I figured cameras on nearby trail.

I pulled a few pounds outa dat patch. hard freeze came in before the plants were completely mature and someone harvested ( and took their time) most of the harvest the day of that night's hard freeze. I came back in later and harvested the rest after the buds were dead and turned it into extract.

harvesting dead bud is easy. strip right into a 5 gallon bucket (already hidden in the area). pour into 50 gallon construction trash bag. tie and leave. no weight as it was dry. :)

usda101

:watchplant:That's exactly what i would have done Rev but i didn't want to be that Devil on your shoulder . You sound well seasoned so now Use those Ninja skills again and Up Pot and set your surveillance up . ....................... Wait a minute , did u say Lemon Larry ! NOOOOOOOOoooooo . Yeah u get back out there ASAP ! lol .

The Revolution

Veteran
Yes LLOGk many many more. Much more rare also. I cannot wait to get more of my Lemon Larry x 97 Bubblegum out there. I gave out much of the seeds I had in 2012/13.. I lost all of my seeds shortly after, and was lucky enough for a cpl packs to return to me. This is my attempt at reacquiring and spreading much more of these seeds. It's a very special, and amazing plant, that I think many will enjoy. Very unique, and some of the most potent smoke Ive ever grown. Many more in the making, if they will not trash my medicine, and spare the gardens this season.

My question is there like a procedure these eradication forces go through when doing their thing? Is anyone aware of this procedure. Ive seen efforts that once they target a garden they get guys on the ground, or already have guys in the area, who come in an chop, and the chopper hoists them up and out to the airport or wherever to burn the combined efforts of other eradication efforts. Sometimes the news crew comes to take pictures etc..
Ive also seen in Ca. for instance, when they located large scale gardens, or even guerilla grows, they will place a camera on all main paths/loggings trails/roads, to capture anyone coming or going (Identify, license plates, etc) then they develop a case or whatever..
Is anyone else aware of any other procedures that are involved, I mean they have to have a operations procedure when it comes to this thing..
Anyone else had a smaller guerilla grow spotted, but never followed up, or removed?

I mean its still early in the season. This was actually the first eradication chopper Ive personally seen this year, though I heard from others earlier in the exact same day they were out flying early morning.
Maybe they're just locating now, and will take a day, or weekend to get all law enforcement, and hands, involved to gather and do the trashing of all grows that were located a week or two prior? Would they allow it to stay? Why not..Ive seen other offices leave a garden stand all season, just to try to capture the grower(s) in the act of tending or harvesting the garden at the end of the season.

I hope all you guerilla growers/home growers/farmers and all out their doing the amazing work of growing your's or others medicine remain safe through the season, and the fruits of your labor are soon realizing, and enjoyed. Blessssss

corky1968

Veteran
Ive also seen in Ca. for instance, when they located large scale gardens, or even guerilla grows, they will place a camera on all main paths/loggings trails/roads, to capture anyone coming or going (Identify, license plates, etc) then they develop a case or whatever.

That's why from now until your done you must be a and look like one.

ninja_hardcore.png