What's new

Anyone else have trouble with Botanicare coco in the last 6 - 8 months?

thal

I've used Botanicare coco for roughly six years. For most of those six years I was really happy with the product. About 8 months ago I bought a pallet and half of the coco was good, half of the coco was terrible. Roots simply did not grow. I would transplant plants into 3 gallon containers and they wouldn't grow another inch.

I called Botanicare and mentioned my issue. The rep said they had acquired a new supplier and they were having some trouble. The rep was nice enough to give us a credit on the pallet and I could take it back to the retail store and they would give us a credit and swap it out.

I got the next pallet and for the first two thirds I had no problems, and then I again experienced the same situation. The plants stopped growing and started showing a ton of deficiencies, including the worst phosphorus deficiency I've ever seen in veg.

I ended up switching to Cyco coco and returning the rest of the "free" pallet. The clones I put into Cyco last week have grown more in five days than the plants in Botanicare have in the last month.

I advise everyone to be careful of Botanicare in the short term.

N

noyd666

no but had same trouble with couple of bags of nutrafield, seedlings would not grow, put them into some canna and away they went. never had trouble with nutrifield before. there's that much coco around now expect some dud crap will be about.

Latest posts

Latest posts