What's new

what da problem is

THEGROWINGPAINS

Growing in Canna coco bricks, 5 gal Smart pots

How long has this problem been going on? started around 2 weeks ago
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) No, It's an air-conditioned 12.5' x 20' room.
What system are you running? 5 gal smart pots canna coco bricks
What STRAIN are you growing? GG4
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? 10 weeks
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) 2 weeks solo cups, 3 weeks 1 gallons now 5 weeks in 5 gal smart pot.
How tall are the plants? trellised at 4.5'
What PHASE are the plants in? vegetative
What Technique are you using? auto water for 2 weeks. water every 4 hours/ 1000ml. no run off.
What substrate/medium are you using? canna coco bricks
What is the Water temperature? 68-70*
What color are your roots? white and healthy
When was your last watering? 9am
What size bulb are you using? gavita 6/750 hps
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 70%
What is the canopy temperature? Varies between 80*
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
74*-82*
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) Sealed room for CO2 1000ppm. 10 wall fans plus mini split, 8" scrubber and 4 floor fans.
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? closed room wit ac
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes, oscillating fan
Is your water HARD or SOFT? soft? RO water
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives? 0 PPM
Are you using water from a water softener? yes
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched ? trellised, so pinched a few, however problem occurred prior to trellising.
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? no pests.

this looks like a mag definicey to me, so i started to give epsom salt spray at 1 TBSP per gal. plants appeared to become more green, however it looks like there is still a potassium or Ca def. I've been growing for a while and just want a third opinion.

I'm using canna line. plus calimagic. 2 ml of calimagic per gal, 7.5ml a+b 4ml per gal of cannazyme. ppms were 850 on last feeding. PH going in is 6.0. top half of the stems have been purple as well.

Attachments

• DSC_7301.jpg
    DSC_7301.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_7305.jpg
    DSC_7305.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_7312.jpg
    DSC_7312.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_7313.jpg
    DSC_7313.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_7308.jpg
    DSC_7308.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 6

corky1968

Veteran
Not sure about everything else. But maybe drop humidity to 60% if you can.

Open a window or something and let fresh air come in for a couple of hours each day.

Totally sealed rooms scare me. I don't want one.

THEGROWINGPAINS

hmm, i was thinking RH was too low. i try to run VPD. The plants love it. lows of airflow in the room. everything is moving, top and bottom.

B

blue_tick

seems to me by the looks of the coco it's not fully watered. need to have run off when feeding in coco and by the third pix that is not happening. could be salt build up. foliar should not lock out the root system to my knowledge. i would flush the pots and ease back into nutrients

Latest posts

Latest posts