What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor '16 "suburban jungle"

Ilikesade

Hello! This will follow my second ever attempt at growing outdoors. Last year I had some success, harvested two 4' tall plants that looked like garbage structurally, but was able to get two ounces of Durban poison and two of Frisian dew. I got nervous about how tall both were getting so I tied them over late in the season and ended up with an eyesore. Height is a problem cuz visible weed plants attract high schoolers more than unattended drinks attract Bill Cosby.
So this year I will do things differently. The strains are 1 Amherst sour diesel, 1 pre'98 bubba, 1 erdpurt, and 1 cheese. They are in 10 gallon smart pots. Soil is equal parts castings, perlite, and organing potting soil. Nutes will be fox farms at half strength. The seeds were sprouted mid May and have been out side since end of May. Only issue so far was hail damage. When I figure out how to post pics I will. Any advice is welcome, I am very novice.

Ilikesade

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 30

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I am green with envy just looking at the garden's you lucky dawgs can grow OPENLY, right beside your homes, in the states where weed is legal.

I recently lost a small fortune in exotic imported high quality seeds because I had no option but to plant them straight into my swamp garden for stealth reasons, only to have them completely annihilated by several days of torrential rain.

Ilikesade

I am green with envy just looking at the garden's you lucky dawgs can grow OPENLY, right beside your homes, in the states where weed is legal.
I hope it won't be long before everywhere else catches up. Until then, for all the growers who are risking their freedom just to grow a plant - :respect:

Ilikesade

Im at the 45th parallel and at 403' elevation. Today I think is the longest day of year(kinda wingin it here) and my plants at getting almost ten hours of direct light. So my erdpurt is weird. I considered sprouting another but wanna see what happens. It's first few leaves were misshapen and it only grows single branches. In the pic you can see a third up I topped to get it to branch but it's just a schlomo. It's my little engine that could

Ilikesade

The plus side of hail damage is that it makes you feel like a farmer. I want to be a farmer. Not big time but enough to feed a neighborhood. The plants are doing great now. Is this :moon:guy tearing his butt skin off?! Here are some pics.

And this is where I'm getting fucked up

Ilikesade

The grow is going well I think. I fed them with mostly big bloom by fox farms, which is the organic one of the fox farms trio, and quarter strength of grow big. I'm not organic but I'm trying to minimize the amount of salts I'm adding to the soil. Here's the big picture:

I'm getting a lot of chewed leaves but otherwise I have no issues. The erdpurt is still weird but is very sturdy.
The Bubba is the biggest

Ilikesade

Happy 4th world!!! Quick update: it seems like the bugs eating leaves has fortunately subsided. The plants are starting to grow quicker now. I'm giving them 1.5 gallons of water every other day which seems like a lot for their size, but I've never used smart pots before and maybe water evaporates faster? Here's some pics😊
You guys gotta believe me that dog is an asshole.

Ilikesade

Real windy today! Made bubble hash for fist time couple days ago. Did a knife hit and decided daddy likey. Plants are doing well, I pruned a couple little guys from the middle and bottom. Hope it perks em up. And don't give me shit for saying "daddy likey", I've seen the guy from Cali connection say "blast nasty" in a forum. That's way worse

Ilikesade

Well, we've got an issue and need help cuz I'm not sure what it is. All the new growth looks twisted and the plant is constantly at half wilt. I'm still getting used to the smart pots, and they were fully wilted from lack of water about three days ago.
I've been giving it lots of pure water since the full wilt but not much improvement. Any insight would awesome

Latest posts

Latest posts