Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Erdpurt Crosses in the North

Thread Title Search
Erdpurt Crosses in the North Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2016, 10:56 PM #1
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to behold
Erdpurt Crosses in the North

The tale of 3 sisters.

This will be a thread to test the new Erdpurt crosses made by Ace.
I am testing to see if they will finish for me outdoors at 53- 55 North Latitude.

I want to Thank Dubi for the opportunity to try these new Strains.

There are 4 Erdpurt crosses that Ace is working on.

Bubba Kush x ErdPurt fem
Bubba Kush/HashPlant x ErdPurt fem
Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
PCK purple pheno x ErdPurt fem

And the Tale begins as a sad one. I've had some really bad luck so far.

The various strains had only 1 seed that did not germ. So close to 100% germination rate.

But...
Due to my stupidity I lost all of the first round. I plugged in a heat mat for under the seeds and could not find the heat regulator. No big deal I thought plug it in for the night and find it tomorrow.
Well it was a big deal the mat over heated and fried the first round.( Edit: forgot to mention I used jiffy peat pellets this round,I've read now on other threads that seed starts can be terrible with these and they could have been part of the problem)

Second round: These were all doing pretty good. I started them in small cups for a couple weeks before transplant to the forest. Took the best ones out and planted into temporary 2 gallon / 9 litre pots.
I was going to veg them in these for a month or so and then into their final homes.
Well placed these pots on the edge of a swamp so they could get self watered from the bottom till I could come back in a few weeks. This was a new area to me.
Then the rain started, and then more rain.
I think we had more rain for the next week or so than we had all last summer.
When I could get back out to them. the water level had rose about a foot/ 300mm and they were all under water.

I was devastated.

Now for some good news. The 3 sisters

I had 3 plants that were left behind because they were the worst of the bunch. The only ones that had any problems. I don't know what was the problem was, PH maybe, or Fungas gnats ??
They were small and had leaf discoloration. I took them back to bare root and transplanted to new soil. These 3 survivors are starting to come back.

Only one of each of each of these strains survived.

Bubba Kush x ErdPurt fem
Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
PCK purple pheno x ErdPurt fem

Sorry for the long post but I had to tell the embarrassing story of how the 3 Sisters began. I will update with a few more pics this weekend.

Peace GG

Last edited by gorilla ganja; 06-19-2016 at 02:04 AM..
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:38 PM #2
Golli

Golli will become famous soon enoughGolli will become famous soon enough
Hello Gorilla Ganja!

Nice storry and sorry to hear about weather and seed failure. Good experience for more years to come Those 3 plants sure look nice and healthy now. Hope they get finnish for you.
Golli is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:09 AM #3
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golli View Post
Hello Gorilla Ganja!

Nice storry and sorry to hear about weather and seed failure. Good experience for more years to come Those 3 plants sure look nice and healthy now. Hope they get finnish for you.
Thanks Golli,
Always something to learn for next year. These 3 will get some pampering at my buddies greenhouse.

Cheers GG

Old 06-12-2016, 01:19 AM #4
gorilla ganja

Well Thanks again to Dubi and the fast service at Ace.
Just received my new order of these and they will go into the soil today. Should have time to get a good idea of what these 4 strains can do here.

Here is a few more pic's of the 3 survivors.

BK x ERD

BD X ERD

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:33 AM #5
gorilla ganja

PCK X ERD Which is showing some signs of Variegation and some slight twisting of leaves.

It's also the smallest of the 3. Dubi have you seen this before with this cross or is it just the stress they have been through?

The most vigorous cross for the first 3 weeks was the
Bubba Kush/Hashplant X Erdpurt unfortunately none survived the drowning .
We will see soon if it will be the most vigorous again with the new batch of testers.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:36 AM #6
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
I think the leaves are twisting because they need water.

Outside, I would just transplant them into the soil or a huge pot ASAP.

BTW: I'm glad to see these plants in action as I plan on trying the ErdPurt next year.

Of those 3 crosses I have my money on the Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
corky1968 is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2016, 04:34 AM #7
gorilla ganja

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1968 View Post
I think the leaves are twisting because they need water.

Outside, I would just transplant them into the soil or a huge pot ASAP.

BTW: I'm glad to see these plants in action as I plan on trying the ErdPurt next year.

Of those 3 crosses I have my money on the Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
Thanks for stopping by corky1968.

I don't think it is from lack of water, but you never know it could be.
These 3 are under the care of a buddy now. He can't grow them too big so they will go into a fair sized pot and may get root bound by the end. Which may help them to flower sooner.

I agree 100% with going into the ground as soon as possible.
All the ones from the new order i just dropped into soil, will go from a solo cup into their final homes at about 2 weeks after popping above soil.

So your money is on BD X ERD to finish first ?

Peace GG

Old 06-12-2016, 05:49 AM #8
corky1968
Banned

corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla ganja View Post
Thanks for stopping by corky1968.

I don't think it is from lack of water, but you never know it could be.
These 3 are under the care of a buddy now. He can't grow them too big so they will go into a fair sized pot and may get root bound by the end. Which may help them to flower sooner.

I agree 100% with going into the ground as soon as possible.
All the ones from the new order i just dropped into soil, will go from a solo cup into their final homes at about 2 weeks after popping above soil.

So your money is on BD X ERD to finish first ?

Peace GG
I'm just guessing it will be the nicest plant once it's done.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:06 PM #9
The English Cut

The English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really niceThe English Cut is just really nice
Hey there GG, Great to see you posting about these hybrids, shame about the false starts you had, these things can happen to anyone, many wouldn't have the humility to admit to it either hahaha.

Anyway, the survivors are looking good, very similar to the ones I'm running outdoors here. I had a fairly runty Bubba Kush x EP that was really slow out of the gate but now looks great, will probably turn out to be the best of the bunch.

The strange leaf stuff of the PCK x EP seems to be genetic, I started three seeds and culled two seedlings before they got to the fourth pair of leaves because they were so twisted and crinkly. To be honest, at the time I thought it may have ben some kind of virus. Now though I'm seeing a bit of it going on on the remaining plant. Nothing serious, just more like variegation than twisting. Still easily recognizable as the same thing though.

I got the Black Domina x EP seeds from dubi a bit later on, and due to space restrictions I've only got one on the go. I've been warned to be a bit careful with it outdoors, a good friend has advised me that the Black Domina clone widely used here (Black Domina 98/Barraca de Maria - could you confirm if this is the cut you used dubi?) is very potent, fast flowering, very productive but quite susceptible to botrytis (rock-hard buds).

I remember dubi had botrytis issues with the Erd Purt outdoors too (don't think I'm imagining it), so I'm not expecting too much from that cross here in my damp climate. In the right conditions it would be awesome though. We'll see, I may get the surprise of a lifetime lol. I will probably flower it out in a pot so I can move it under cover when the rain comes.
The English Cut is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2016, 07:11 PM #10
corky1968
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The English Cut View Post
I remember dubi had botrytis issues with the Erd Purt outdoors too (don't think I'm imagining it), so I'm not expecting too much from that cross here in my damp climate. In the right conditions it would be awesome though. We'll see, I may get the surprise of a lifetime lol. I will probably flower it out in a pot so I can move it under cover when the rain comes.
I thought the Erdpurt was:

i.e. Very resistant to disease and molds.

From here:

ACE Erdpurt