What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Erdpurt Crosses in the North

gorilla ganja

The tale of 3 sisters.

This will be a thread to test the new Erdpurt crosses made by Ace.
I am testing to see if they will finish for me outdoors at 53- 55 North Latitude.

I want to Thank Dubi for the opportunity to try these new Strains.

There are 4 Erdpurt crosses that Ace is working on.

Bubba Kush x ErdPurt fem
Bubba Kush/HashPlant x ErdPurt fem
Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
PCK purple pheno x ErdPurt fem

And the Tale begins as a sad one. I've had some really bad luck so far.

The various strains had only 1 seed that did not germ. So close to 100% germination rate.

But...
Due to my stupidity I lost all of the first round. I plugged in a heat mat for under the seeds and could not find the heat regulator. No big deal I thought plug it in for the night and find it tomorrow.
Well it was a big deal the mat over heated and fried the first round.( Edit: forgot to mention I used jiffy peat pellets this round,I've read now on other threads that seed starts can be terrible with these and they could have been part of the problem)
:bashhead:

Second round: These were all doing pretty good. I started them in small cups for a couple weeks before transplant to the forest. Took the best ones out and planted into temporary 2 gallon / 9 litre pots.
I was going to veg them in these for a month or so and then into their final homes.
Well placed these pots on the edge of a swamp so they could get self watered from the bottom till I could come back in a few weeks. This was a new area to me.
Then the rain started, and then more rain.
I think we had more rain for the next week or so than we had all last summer.
When I could get back out to them. the water level had rose about a foot/ 300mm and they were all under water.

I was devastated.

Now for some good news. The 3 sisters

I had 3 plants that were left behind because they were the worst of the bunch. The only ones that had any problems. I don't know what was the problem was, PH maybe, or Fungas gnats ??
They were small and had leaf discoloration. I took them back to bare root and transplanted to new soil. These 3 survivors are starting to come back.

picture.php

Only one of each of each of these strains survived.

Bubba Kush x ErdPurt fem
Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
PCK purple pheno x ErdPurt fem

Sorry for the long post but I had to tell the embarrassing story of how the 3 Sisters began. I will update with a few more pics this weekend.

Peace GG

picture.php

Last edited:

Golli

Hello Gorilla Ganja!

Nice storry and sorry to hear about weather and seed failure. Good experience for more years to come :) Those 3 plants sure look nice and healthy now. Hope they get finnish for you.

gorilla ganja

Hello Gorilla Ganja!

Nice storry and sorry to hear about weather and seed failure. Good experience for more years to come :) Those 3 plants sure look nice and healthy now. Hope they get finnish for you.

Thanks Golli,
Always something to learn for next year. These 3 will get some pampering at my buddies greenhouse.

Cheers GG

gorilla ganja

Well Thanks again to Dubi and the fast service at Ace.
Just received my new order of these and they will go into the soil today. Should have time to get a good idea of what these 4 strains can do here.

Here is a few more pic's of the 3 survivors.

BK x ERD

picture.php

picture.php

BD X ERD

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

PCK X ERD Which is showing some signs of Variegation and some slight twisting of leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's also the smallest of the 3. Dubi have you seen this before with this cross or is it just the stress they have been through?

The most vigorous cross for the first 3 weeks was the
Bubba Kush/Hashplant X Erdpurt unfortunately none survived the drowning .
We will see soon if it will be the most vigorous again with the new batch of testers.

corky1968

Veteran
I think the leaves are twisting because they need water.

Outside, I would just transplant them into the soil or a huge pot ASAP.

BTW: I'm glad to see these plants in action as I plan on trying the ErdPurt next year.

Of those 3 crosses I have my money on the Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
:peacock:

gorilla ganja

I think the leaves are twisting because they need water.

Outside, I would just transplant them into the soil or a huge pot ASAP.

BTW: I'm glad to see these plants in action as I plan on trying the ErdPurt next year.

Of those 3 crosses I have my money on the Black Domina x ErdPurt fem
:peacock:

Thanks for stopping by corky1968.

I don't think it is from lack of water, but you never know it could be.
These 3 are under the care of a buddy now. He can't grow them too big so they will go into a fair sized pot and may get root bound by the end. Which may help them to flower sooner.

I agree 100% with going into the ground as soon as possible.
All the ones from the new order i just dropped into soil, will go from a solo cup into their final homes at about 2 weeks after popping above soil.

So your money is on BD X ERD to finish first ?

Peace GG

corky1968

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by corky1968.

I don't think it is from lack of water, but you never know it could be.
These 3 are under the care of a buddy now. He can't grow them too big so they will go into a fair sized pot and may get root bound by the end. Which may help them to flower sooner.

I agree 100% with going into the ground as soon as possible.
All the ones from the new order i just dropped into soil, will go from a solo cup into their final homes at about 2 weeks after popping above soil.

So your money is on BD X ERD to finish first ?

Peace GG

I'm just guessing it will be the nicest plant once it's done.

The English Cut

Hey there GG, Great to see you posting about these hybrids, shame about the false starts you had, these things can happen to anyone, many wouldn't have the humility to admit to it either hahaha.

Anyway, the survivors are looking good, very similar to the ones I'm running outdoors here. I had a fairly runty Bubba Kush x EP that was really slow out of the gate but now looks great, will probably turn out to be the best of the bunch.

The strange leaf stuff of the PCK x EP seems to be genetic, I started three seeds and culled two seedlings before they got to the fourth pair of leaves because they were so twisted and crinkly. To be honest, at the time I thought it may have ben some kind of virus. Now though I'm seeing a bit of it going on on the remaining plant. Nothing serious, just more like variegation than twisting. Still easily recognizable as the same thing though.

I got the Black Domina x EP seeds from dubi a bit later on, and due to space restrictions I've only got one on the go. I've been warned to be a bit careful with it outdoors, a good friend has advised me that the Black Domina clone widely used here (Black Domina 98/Barraca de Maria - could you confirm if this is the cut you used dubi?) is very potent, fast flowering, very productive but quite susceptible to botrytis (rock-hard buds).

I remember dubi had botrytis issues with the Erd Purt outdoors too (don't think I'm imagining it), so I'm not expecting too much from that cross here in my damp climate. In the right conditions it would be awesome though. We'll see, I may get the surprise of a lifetime lol. I will probably flower it out in a pot so I can move it under cover when the rain comes.

corky1968

Veteran
I remember dubi had botrytis issues with the Erd Purt outdoors too (don't think I'm imagining it), so I'm not expecting too much from that cross here in my damp climate. In the right conditions it would be awesome though. We'll see, I may get the surprise of a lifetime lol. I will probably flower it out in a pot so I can move it under cover when the rain comes.

I thought the Erdpurt was:

i.e. Very resistant to disease and molds.

From here:

ACE Erdpurt

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I grew ace Erdpurt and had an abnormally high amount of males. Super healthy sturdy pollen monsters though. Seemed like one tough dude. I saved pollen and hit a few girls. Burly plant

corky1968

Veteran
I grew ace Erdpurt and had an abnormally high amount of males. Super healthy sturdy pollen monsters though. Seemed like one tough dude. I saved pollen and hit a few girls. Burly plant

That's good to know.

I'm planning to use Erdpurt to breed with at least one other outdoor variety next year.
So can I can have a good supply of seeds that I can use for outdoor growing.

I only have indoor seeds now and miss growing outdoors.

gorilla ganja

Thank's everyone for stopping in and sharing information.

The English Cut- Glad to see you running some of the same varieties. Interesting with the PCK X ERD showing variegation for both of us. I too thought it might be caused by a virus, fungus gnats or something I did to them.
I am very interested in these, should have some amazing colors.
Please post some pics in this thread as your plants progress. What latitude are you at?

All the new batch have pooped their heads above soil except 1 which should be up tomorrow. I will post some pic's next week of the 3 sisters and the new batch.

mmmm... I guess they may not be sisters, step sisters ???
Maybe Dubi can tell us if they share the same Erdpurt dad ?

Hope everyone is having a great season.

Peace GG

ValleyKush

Veteran
I have lots of mutations in my erd x pck as well. Popped a whole pack of pck and erd too. About half of my pck have heavy mutations, while the erdpurt has none; so I assume thats where the erd x pck gets it from.

gorilla ganja

Hello ValleyKush, Thank's for sharing. Feel free to post some pic's here. Interesting about your thoughts about the PCK. Could be something from the last batch. I've seen it used in so many crosses and have never heard about problems before. Seems to be a favorite for a lot of breeders to bring some color as well as other traits.

All new one's above soil now. 100% germination. hopefully no problems with the PCK X ERD.

Cheers GG

gorilla ganja

Happy Summer Solstice everyone. Here on the longest day of the year we get about 17 hrs. of daylight plus 1.5-2 hrs of twilight. So close to 19 hrs of light. The new batch will see nothing but decreasing daylight so I hope that will help with early flowering.

Cheers GG

gorilla ganja

Well time for a little update on the 3 sisters. They are growing nicely now. The PCK X ERD seems to be growing out of what ever was bothering it. It still has some leaf twisting but new growth seems better.
Of these 3 the BD X ERD has the best structure with lots of side branches growing strong.
Started LST to them so the pics are not the best.

BK X ERD

picture.php

PCK X ERD

picture.php

BD X ERD

picture.php

gorilla ganja

Here is a look at the new babies before they go out into the wilderness. They are about 2 weeks old, grown under T8 cfl.

picture.php

BK/HP X Erdpurt

picture.php

BK X Erdpurt

picture.php

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts