What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Signature not showing

mjlifestyle

Hi all

Is there a known bug with displaying signatures? I set up mine yesterday and it doesn't show when I check my post in any thread. The preview of the signature in Control Panel displays it just fine. The signature only includes a link to my grow journal.

Thanks for any suggestions!

EDIT: And I just saw it's now being displayed, but only for new posts, I thought it applies to old posts as well. Sorry for dumb thread, a mod can delete it if needed.

Cheers!

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I deleted one of my signature pics, have tried unsuccessfully 8-9x to upload a pic from my Document or Picture file on desk top, that is 35 kb. (less than maximum).

When I "Save Signature", it doesn't appear. What gives?

Skip

Veteran
Arid, did you try a different pic? I can see it in your account as your sig. Not sure why it's not showing.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Signature pic/phot not showing

Signature pic/phot not showing

Ok....I tried several times (more than a dozen to be truthful), trying different pics, cropping them for less kb (all under parameters). At first I thought...OK, new camera. Nope.
Then tried older pics from my now defunct Canon Rebel. Nope, still didn't take.

Now I get this message (twice)....

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2.You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm still on, not banned. My cache is always cleared upon clicking off websites as is history.

What is going on???

Should I load pics onto gallery, then upload from there.

Very strange. Haven't encountered this problem before.

Guidance???

Yes, guidance appreciated. Have new auto strains we'd like to show case.

Skip

Veteran
Arid, I'm having the same issue as you when I try to load up any image to your sig. This is usually never a problem. Not sure what's keeping images from showing up...

So it's nothing to do with you.

If you're getting not logged in messages, then you're probably not checking the box to remember me when logging in.

Update: Looks like nobody's sig pics are working... I'll keep looking for the reason.

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
OK, I figured it out! There's some code missing in the signature section.

That happens when you don't select "Insert Signature Picture" after the upload in your control panel.

That puts the sigpic code into the signature.

So you can update your image as often as you like now.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok...followed steps, selected "Insert Signature"...will try again. Yeah, YAY, it's working.