What's new

Uruguay-Brazilian landraces

smellabella

So was thinking of planning a trip to Uruguay in the future but even tho weed is 100% legal there you really never hear about strains that r popular or landraces in that area , anybody know of any landraces to look for?

dezman

I am interested as well. I've been told that most of the weed sold there is paraguayan brick (faso).
About the legalization in uruguay is only for residents.40 gr per month. They want to avoid cannatourists. But probably is easy to score some. But not legally. Anyway I dont think the cops will waste much energy with stoners.

Ravenboy

very strange that uruguay does not want the revenue from a constant stream of argentine cannabis tourists. its an hour by ferry from uruguay to buenos aires.

yes we get that faso here too, but here in argentina anybody who smokes regularly either grows or has a hookup who does grow

i don't know of any argentine landraces.... i should ask around since i live here

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Whatever landraces there might have been probably aren't readily available anymore. In a lot of South America, even if it is not technically legal to grow, for some reason there are seed shops everywhere and grow shops everywhere. It seems to me, in my experience in Chile and Argentina, that even the low quality export that paraguay produces is obviously some dutch or spanish seed company strain. In my experience, good Colombian strains are still preserved especially Santa Marta and Punto Rojo, but other than that, most of the huge commercial growers that export their weed to all of south america have jumped on the feminized seed bandwagon and are growing dutch or spanish (as in spain) genetics from those banks.

EDIT: When I arrived in South America in October of 2011, a lot of the paraguay brick was very sativa. herbal marijuana classic smell, sometimes with an ammonia smell from not being dried before being bricked, immature crushed white seeds, just a horrible product visually and in all aspects except for the high. Over the years, I have noticed it has become virtually seedless, produces tons of kief, and now has flavor, such as sweet, skunky, cirtrusy, berryish, etc... which is why I believe a lot of the commercial growers have started to buy feminized seeds, as it's rare to find seeds now in that shit they export. Honestly it's better than nothing, and way better than Mexican brick weed used to be in America pre-2008. EDIT 2: I forgot to mention the last time I smoked some paraguay, it was very stony and heavy, nothing uplifting at all, which is also another reason why I believe they are clearly growing indica dominant cash crops.

REALPOTency

Veteran
in the 90'-2000 the paraguay narco introduce the dutch hibrid skunk indica type, so lost diversity and harvest because the humidity is a lot of high in paraguay,
argentina/paraguay sativa landrace was"pedro juan caballero"extinta,nomas quizas en algun jardin por ai
brazil "mangarosa"meybe is more easy found not in brazil, the law in brazil is rude for smokers all.people smoke weed is narc , carefully!
in argentina the seeds are ilegal in the law
uruguay is the better law in the zone, normalizacion mas q legalizacion
i live in chile and the law here is grey not black or white,
only legal for medical conditions,
chile is a paradise for european cannabussiness ,semilleros a granel a low quality alot,autofem, the only thing for most people is are high and grow fast, not matters if auto,hibrid or wherever, but is a little progreess,i smke some 15years ago and the scene is progreess more than law the aceptacion social,legalization in the mind, in the past the old peolple say all mariguaneros are bad and junkies, now is socialmente mas aceptado,
growshops everywhere

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts