What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower Denies the Light - Dr. Krippling Bulk Smash Autoflower

GastroGrower

After reading mixed reviews, I decided to order a number of seeds from Herbies. I was pleasantly surprised that the entire transaction was so easy and quick. The seeds showed up today, just a few days after being ordered and they are all in good shape.

I have cleared out some space in my veg tent after choosing my photosensitive Mommy plants and wanted to see if I could try my hand at autos to pull in a little extra yield that won't take up valuable space in my flowering tent. I picked up the following:

1 - Dr. Krippling Bulk Smash Auto (Incredible Bulk Auto x Blue Kripple)
10 - Buddha Seeds Assorted Autos (assorted/unknown)
3 - Resin Cannatonic (Great medical strain, if I can find a good mom from these I'll keep it.)

The order came with a feminized Delicious Candy, 2 feminized World of Seeds Pakistan Valley and 5 regular Afghani seeds. The Afghani seeds could be fun to play with if I get a male and want to experiment with creating some hybrids.

The first strain I'll be trying is the Bulk Smash. While I'm sure their claims of pulling in up to 750 gr/m2 are a bit exaggerated, I have seen some evidence from others online that the yield can be decent as they are able to withstand some variation in conditions better than other autos. Tonight I'll be getting the pot ready and placing the seed in water to germinate.

If anyone else has experience with this strain or anything related I'd love to hear your input.

Thanks!

GastroGrower

Well - that seed popped but never made it above the dirt. So instead I've popped a couple of the Buddha Autos and they've all made it about an inch above and are sitting in 3 gallon pots in a separate tent. Right now I have a 100 watt CFL about 1.5 feet over the seedlings and they seem to be doing well.

I'll provide updates and pics once they start to develop a bit.

GastroGrower

Buddha Autos Update

Buddha Autos Update

Here's a quick update on one of the Buddha autos. I'm liking the look of the leaves and current node spacing.

Day 23 from seed.

GastroGrower

Here is an update of the auto from post #4 - nicknamed 'Poops McGee' (PMG for short). It has been 4 days since that picture and the top node has fully opened, showing the node underneath it.

There is some light green along the leaves - possible nitrogen def? I have not fed any nutrients yet but it is growing pretty well for only being under a 100 W light.

Tynehead Tom

looks they want some food maybe
my first seed start in years for indoor was back in march and my seedlings were doing that too at about the same age. gave em a 1/2 strength feeding and ph near neutral (6.8) and they took right off ;)

neat looking plants, my interest in autos is more for outdoor but gonna follow along

GastroGrower

looks they want some food maybe
my first seed start in years for indoor was back in march and my seedlings were doing that too at about the same age. gave em a 1/2 strength feeding and ph near neutral (6.8) and they took right off ;)

Thanks for the input! I think I probably will try 1/4 - 1/2 strength and see how it reacts. I've just read a lot about how easy it is to overfeed autos so I don't want to push it too much.

I wish I could do an outdoor grow so bad. Apartment life isn't particularly conducive to that though :/

GastroGrower

Day 34 Update

Day 34 Update

Update on some of the assorted autos. Nice growth on this plant but it's got what appears to be some nutrient burn. I haven't fed anything yet so I guess the soil is just a little hot. I will be giving it a heavy watering today or tomorrow with pH'd water to see if that helps clear it up.

One of the plants has already started to produce buds but the plant itself is tiny and I'm not really sure it's gonna be worth growing it out. We'll see where it goes.

Thanks for stopping by.

GastroGrower

Day 37 Update

Day 37 Update

Here are the two autos I'm liking the best at day 37. No sign of flowering yet so hopefully they still have a bit to grow before starting the bloom phase. The one on the left has a bit more squat and sturdy structure so I'm hoping some more of the seeds in this pack are like this.

These girls are under a 100 W CFL (6500K) and a 150 W CFL (2700K) so I think they're doing well considering the amount of light. I've only fed them once at 1/4 strength.

GastroGrower

Day 39 Update

Day 39 Update

Looks like I spoke too soon in my last post in regards to the onset of flowering. I checked on the girls this morning to find they have all begun visibly flowering.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Day 47 Update

Day 47 Update

Here's a quick update for anyone interested.

The plant on the left in the first picture is really showing her sativa side. I'll probably need to raise the light tomorrow or day after if she keeps going. Everything else is looking and smelling nice.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Day 49 Update

Day 49 Update

The sativa plant in this pack is still stretching a good amount. I've had to raise the light a couple times since my last update. Comparing this image to the picture my last post, you can really see the growth on it.

GastroGrower

Day 56 Update

Day 56 Update

Here's a couple pics of the girls as of today. The larger indica leaning plant is starting to develop some coloration in about 10% of it's pistils and is starting to bulk up. I added another 100 W CFL to the tent today which will help add a bit more power for them to bulk up. They are all drinking water like crazy. Temps are definitely toasty in there but not outrageous.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This little plant has been pretty unimpressive the whole time. It started flowering right away and never really took off.
picture.php

I think this sativa leaning plant has finally stopped stretching for the most part, which is good, because I was running out of space in there.
picture.php

GastroGrower

Day 56 Update Part II

Day 56 Update Part II

Here's one more detailed shot of my favorite strain so far. Really ideal for indoor and seems to be producing well (for me feeding it poorly). Also really like the smell already.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Update - Day 72

Update - Day 72

The larger indica leaning plant is getting close.

picture.php
picture.php

This sativa on the other hand isn't really filling out like I had hoped. It's been underfed for one thing - I've had trouble reading these girls.

picture.php

One more:

picture.php

Here is one I started just a few weeks ago. It started blooming within two weeks of coming out of the soil. Cute but not really worth the space, haha. Any of these small plants I'll just press into rosin to have a nice little mix. Can you say dab party?

picture.php

GastroGrower

Update - Day 85 / 27

Update - Day 85 / 27

Here is the indica plant I really like . She was flushed a week ago and will be chopped and trimmed tonight.

picture.php

I started one of the last couple seeds 27 days ago in rockwool and planted in coco coir and perlite. Here she is:

picture.php
picture.php

I think running this one in a hydro approach is really going to help the yield. It's taking off quite nicely compared to the ones I've run in soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts