What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack's Patch 2016

20sackzack

Hey what's up hello. Doing a little outdoor this year and wanted to share what I got going on.

Running 6 clones I picked up about a month ago from elemental wellness. From dark heart nursery:
Fire og
Sfv og
Kosher kush
Gsc
Sour d

And a midnight farms citrus sap

jrd8o2.jpg

They are going into some cootz style soil I mixed up

Here's my pile of compost, aeration and peat before I added the dry amendments
14njk8i.jpg

Amendments sprinkled on top
erz7lg.jpg

And after a shit load of mixing the finished soil
33pftaf.jpg

Closeup
350m161.jpg

20sackzack

The clones after going into little 4x4 pots

2czy2r4.jpg

I decided to build my own smart pots to save some money. Used chicken wire, landscape fabric and staples. Worked pretty well for under 10 bucks a pot.

28auddf.jpg

A garden shot before filling the pots

2mc85g0.jpg

And here's another after being filled

fv8dfn.jpg

Roots after a week in the tiny pots before going into 2 gallons

2utjotf.jpg

20sackzack

I built a little temporary green house with a cfl for supplemental light for transitioning
2emeli9.jpg

ddg6sx.jpg

vdcsyb.jpg

Living mulch from buildasoil just starting to come up.
xek7qd.jpg

S

Stone House

I'll be sticking around and watching the show!
Looks like you have things under control.
Good job on mixing your soil, looks like it is blended very well.

20sackzack

Thanks guys. So something is eating my plants. Not too serious yet but it got the sour d pretty good. Anyone know what does this?

2aamx6d.jpg

Also I got a submersible pump to use in a 55 gallon barrel to water my plants. I used it for the first time the other day and definitely unplugged it when I was done. Yesterday when I looked in the barrel it was empty! Apparently even though the pump was unplugged water kept siphoning out until it was all gone lol. Ill be taking the pump out after im done now lol

S

Stone House

Try putting a ball valve on you water line (outside the barrel), instead of removing the pump each time just close the valve when done.

Don't know whats eating your plants, caterpillars maybe?

20sackzack

Yeah I guess I could just make sure my watering wand is shut off after each time. I was just surprised it happened on its own like that

My first thought was caterpillars too but I couldn't find any when I looked last night so I'm not sure..

Ill probably hit them with some spinosad this weekend

Probably a cricket. They give up after a while.

I use BT [bascilius thuringiensis] for caterpillar control. Spray it weekly! They sell it at home depot for like 5 bux

sacramental

Yep my plants are getting eaten up too. Wouldn't worry bout it too much. They seem to like some plants more than others.

20sackzack

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to do nothing as I haven't seen the damage get any worse

Been covering the pots in canvas during they day to keep them cooler. They were getting pretty hot without it
ipz0yc.jpg

Thickening up
2s9srx5.jpg

Citrus sap
14kh24k.jpg

Sour d
2qtxpqg.jpg

20sackzack

So after that grasshopper munched on my plants they started showing signs of a deficiency. I think it might be magnesium because its affecting the old growth first

Im planning on brewing them an act this weekend so hopefully that should help. I feel like this issue would probably go away on its own if I could get them transplanted into their final homes. I just dont really want to light up my whole yard with the supplemental

Let me know what you guys think

25jv69d.jpg

afh7o4.jpg

a9nss4.jpg

20sackzack

I know man I really want to I'm just concerned about preflowering. Do you know how much light I would need to keep them in veg? For example, would one or two cfls positioned to hit them all be enough?

Latest posts

Latest posts