What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monty Outdoors

This'll be my first ever outdoor grow!

Seeds were from a local grower's coop giveaway. Mix. "Life is like a box of chocolates..."

picture.php

First MJ seeds I ever sprouted under natural light. Roots are starting to poke through the peat pellets - they'll go into pots as soon as they dry out a bit, maybe tomorrow. I like to pot up in small stages; seems like the plants and roots develop best that way.

picture.php

So far so good. I've been nursing my seedlings in the windowsills of my shop, with some time outdoors in bins, when our wild weather permits.

I'm getting ready to close in the sides of my greenhouse. A bunch will go in there. I have another crop coming that'll be container plants.

picture.php

picture.php

Wow, wild hot windy weather just like that.

MJ plants are still in pots, leggy but I want to give them more time before they go in the ground.

They were getting beat up in the wind. I had these cages made from chicken wire, with sleeves made from bags of stove fuel. I originally thought I would need them for my tomatoes.

Bing!

picture.php

picture.php

Darn it, a few of my seedlings just shriveled up. I've had this problem before with nursery plants, they just have a hard time acclimating from a nice steady indoor environment to the brutal hot wind. No worries, some are still fine, and I have some more in a little flouro cabinet.

I planted a few seeds directly in the greenhouse soil with plastic jug covers for protection.

I'm starting to think that the best way to grow here is to start seeds outside in the greenhouse so they have a better chance to adapt to the weather.

I gave everybody a little spritz with a spray bottle. I'll see.

When the plants get tough enough, I can bring in a sprinkler and soak the whole place. They're just still a little too tender; they'd get pounded into the mud.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Wow cool I'm into it. Alot of know-how and make due and some strong plants survive a harsh environment. Cannabis is a tough bitch I'm excited to see how this goes. Good luck!

Wow cool I'm into it. Alot of know-how and make due and some strong plants survive a harsh environment. Cannabis is a tough bitch I'm excited to see how this goes. Good luck!

Yeah, back when I started with my indoor grows, I used to fuss over every little thing. Now I'm just going with it, learning my lessons as I go.

Thanks!

Another of my plants shriveled within hours. So I knew I had an acute problem.

I had a thought. That happens once in a while.

They were sitting in 1 quart black pots in their nice shelters. I checked the pot temps by hand, and they were warm.

I didn't want to put them in the ground quite yet, but I did. Kind of a mess, wet dirt and not enough roots. The soil was really hot as it came out of the pots. I think I was cooking them.

But I did it, and they look better. I learned another thing. I have garden hoses with hand sprayers that have a mist setting. Everything in the greenhouse got a little soak.

All new stuff for me.

Still fighting the fight.

I can see the pattern now. Seedlings grow well in the windows of my shop. Then I put them out in the uncovered greenhouse and they bleach and shrivel.

I set a couple along the east side of my shop where they'll get good morning sun and afternoon shade. More seedlings coming in the shop.

6000+ ft. in the high desert, heat and wind. Kind of a hard gig for MJ plants.