What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's May Day

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
got the gorse above the door,hopefully helps keeps evil uniformed spirits away and the od mold free.

logs off icmag

opens front door

steps outside

and one of the pets have dumped half a hare on my door step, fan-fucking-tastic:laughing:, summers of to a great start

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran

logs off icmag

opens front door

steps outside

and one of the pets have dumped half a hare on my door step, fan-fucking-tastic:laughing:, summers of to a great start

My cat in college used to bring me animals as gifts. Half of a bird, or a squirrel. Or half of a rat.

My cat now has lived inside her whole life. The only animals she catches are insects or spiders.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Was this an actual thing in the US? I'm 40, not old enough to remember may pole dances.

:laughing:Sad to say but I actually remember the May Pole sitting on the playground of my East Coast Elementary school.

there was ONE May Pole dance I remember attending about 1950 but the custom had already died out during WWII when all the men were away.

Up until that time it was a normal celebration, just like Easter.:tiphat:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing:Sad to say but I actually remember the May Pole sitting on the playground of my East Coast Elementary school.

there was ONE May Pole dance I remember attending about 1950 but the custom had already died out during WWII when all the men were away.

Up until that time it was a normal celebration, just like Easter.:tiphat:

It's funny how Easter (a different pagan tradition) survived over the years and became a part of modern Christianity. While May poles and baskets mostly went away.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
half a rabbit is still cookable...yeehaw..my last dog brought me all kinds of dead stuff...took 2 years to get him to stop killing cats...possum were the worst cause most weren't dead...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Adam Weishaupt day.
The establishment of the Illumanati is recognized as May Day as well.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I remember Mayday in 1971... I was still in high school...

I went to a demonstration in Washington DC, against the US gubmint for sending too many of our young guys to fight a war in a place called Viet Nam...
I sure as heck wasn't protesting soldiers. Shit, most of them were my buddies or my buddy's big brothers who were drafted and sent over to that shithole.

Saturday and Sunday (May 1st and 2nd) was one HUGE, stoned party, camping out in the shadow of the Washington Monument...
Listening to speakers and listening to rock and roll bands...until hundreds of cops "stormtrooped" us Sunday around noon.

On Monday, May 3, the group I was assigned to, we woke up in Virginia before daylight and our job was to block traffic to the Francis Scott Key Bridge.
The bridge goes from the suburbs of Virginia, across the Potomac River into D.C. The purpose was to keep politicians from getting to work at the House and the Senate offices...
We accomplished this by dragging BIG logs out of the woods and into the highway. We piled the logs and old tree branches 3 feet high across the 4 lane road..

We were arrested by the U.S. Park Police. They loaded us on a bus...You might remember how RFK stadium was used as a temporary prison for holding tens of thousands of protesters who were arrested in DC..
Those of us who were arrested in Va. were taken to the Occoquan Federal Prison in Lorton, Va.. The prison was already full with Federal prisoners, so they locked up all the protesters in the prison's gymnasium. I was sitting with a group of older guys (21 to 30 years old) who were all Viet Nam Vets who had made it home and were protesting too.. The vets I was sitting with had been arrested for throwing baggies filled with chicken shit and lighter fluid (and lit on fire) at the front steps of the Pentagon..

One of the vets was feeling around in the pockets of his fatigue jacket and found a 2 gram chunk of black hash! He pulled it out and bemoaned that we didn't have a pipe..
I pulled a "Get us out of Nam" button off of my jeans jacket and bent the pin out...
I gave it to the vet and he stuck the hash on it and we held a zippo under it and about 10 of us took plenty of good hits off some excellent black hash,
while sitting on the floor in a US Federal prison....

Anyway, the war ended within a couple years, and most, but not all, of my friend's and big brothers came home from that stinking war....

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope at least a few old timers remember the May Pole Dance.

Sure do, I was thinking about that today, can't remember what grade I was in, probably 3rd or 4th and doing the May pole dance...it was fun to me, I'm sure it's pretty much gone these days, too bad

MicroRoy

Sure do, I was thinking about that today, can't remember what grade I was in, probably 3rd or 4th and doing the May pole dance...it was fun to me, I'm sure it's pretty much gone these days, too bad

We have lost so many good things.

People are just to cought up in other things these days.

Latest posts

Latest posts