What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cant discover which nut lockout please help

Hey guys.

I'm running a WW and Ak47 in coco.
I'm in the 3 week and the upper side of the plant started to yellow.
My ph is 5.7/5.8 with the run off of 5.3/5.5
I was feeding it with 0.8 ec but the run off was 1.6, so i decided to give it a flush with destiled water(0ec). Then i saw the run off was 1.1/1.3. Now i'm giving it a flush till the run offs ec get lower.

You can see the upper leaves with yellowing in the middle and some green spots. The downer side leaves are just green. The left side leaf is with the same problem but in a small scale. Which nutrient deficient may be causing it? Please help.

Attachments

• DSC017102.jpg
    DSC017102.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01710 - C.jpg
    DSC01710 - C.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01710 - C2.jpg
    DSC01710 - C2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 4

maimunji

Make your nute 1.2 ec add cal mag also. Ph 5.8 then flush until run off is same ppm/ph like what goes in. Then leave em alone stop measure shit and waching how they grow.

soil margin

Veteran
Looks like a mild iron deficiency. Slight yellowing starting in the middle of the leaf and moving outwards. I would start with flushing as the other guys suggested.

Scrappy-doo

Your coco is looking pretty damn dry. Could be why your nutes are locking up. Coco supposed to stay wet.

EastCoast710

exactly what i was going to say scrappy.. keep that coco moist.. only time to allow drying out is if u up pot into a pot thats too big.. then treat like soil for a few days then get wet

Make your nute 1.2 ec add cal mag also. Ph 5.8 then flush until run off is same ppm/ph like what goes in. Then leave em alone stop measure shit and waching how they grow.

Ok, maimunji. I will try that.

Looks like a mild iron deficiency. Slight yellowing starting in the middle of the leaf and moving outwards. I would start with flushing as the other guys suggested.

Thanks for diagnostic bud.

Your coco is looking pretty damn dry. Could be why your nutes are locking up. Coco supposed to stay wet.

The coco is dry on top because i use drippers(its not there because i took out to take photos), the top stays always dry but the botton is always wet, feed every day. Do you think it would be a problem?

exactly what i was going to say scrappy.. keep that coco moist.. only time to allow drying out is if u up pot into a pot thats too big.. then treat like soil for a few days then get wet

Thats exactly what happened :biggrin:, i just transplanted that plant from a 1l pot to a 7 liter without good root development, i know was a big mistake. I actually feed with drippers every day, what leaves the top dry but the bottom always wet. Do you think in this circumstance would be good idea?

Hey guys update. Actually i continued with flushing 0 ec till the run off reaches 0.50, then i flushed again but then i added Calimagic(5%Ca 1.15%Mg 1%Fe) in 0.1 ec. Then the run off reached 0.31. Now i pretend to continue with the regular feed and wont let the midium dry again.
The old leaves didnt recovery, but the new ones are goig just fine.

Attachments

• DSC00119.jpg
    DSC00119.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the reply maimunji, but my coco is not buffered. Really hard to get a coco coir bag over my town. The quality is not so good also. The only good thing is the porosity, which gets to 95%(manufactor info). But thanks again for the info, hope it helps anyone who stop by in this thread.

LostTribe

Premium user
looks like you need to water more as it looks like its starting to go N deficient which is common when under watering in coco from what I have read in the past.

Best of luck,

mr.brunch

Veteran
Locked out nut sounds painful... :)

Seriously, am glad I grow in soil much less hassle.
Hope your plants do well.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Next time it might be worth considering only 1/2 filling the larger 7 litre pot so that when you pot up from the 1litre to the 7litre you are not breaking the rule of 4.
With smaller plant pots on a hand water it is easy to notice when a repot is needed. The coco is dry quickly after feeding = time to repot. With drip feed a little more tricky/different I guess.
Until you said you went from 1L to 7L I would have gone with the first advice offered on the thread, seemed bang on for how the plants were looking which to my eye is hungry.

Last edited:
Hey guys, i have just solved the problem completely and i have to make a checking to help anybody that may be having the same problem too.

So, after have done what i did, they got better, but the problem continued later. So i tried what the first guy here said. Result: same thing.. It happened for two reason. The first, a silliness of my part, my pen wasnt callibrated correctly :abduct: The second, despite showing sign of magnesium( after was a heavy yellowing between the veins), it was actually zinc def. I discovered it after the leafs of my ak started to burn, just like potassium def. So i hitted the pH at 5.4 and now, after a few days, it is MUCH better.
It was a long way road to solve it, a lot of research and concerns. And i just have to thanks the people here for trying to help. Really, you are awesome. Hope it helps anybody here.

Attachments

• IMG_20160602_125425079.jpg
    IMG_20160602_125425079.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Latest posts