What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gelato ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wanted to know what the deal is with this Gelato stuff. People are paying out the nose for it in London

Is it a seedline?

Is it a clone.?

Brelva

Gelato is from San Francisco and is Sunset Sherbert backcrossed to Thin Mint Cookies. There are several Gelato clones i.e, #45, #33 etc. Who knows if that's what's going around London, but there ya go.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So it's a thin mint back cross,, ok. That is actually quite interesting.

That's very true,, God knows what it is in London, but if I want to bring the boys to my yard,, I need to show them the real deal

Is the cookie fam selling them...?,, anybody else notice that the cookies clone is loosely based around purple kush?,,, or is it me?,,, we have been smoking a cookies clone called the jigga cut. Don't know if that means anything to you guys. I'm told this jigga guy is in the cookie fam

mr.gt

@jigga415 is cookie fam and seems to be the creator of Girl Scout Cookies, Sunset Sherbert, Cherry Pie, YLife and also Gelato among other strains...

I sampled the Y from him and have to say it was very good. Y I dont have the clone, was the first thing that came to my mind.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Yeah, Just like Brelva said its Sunset Sherbet X Thin Mint GSC. Its AKA Larry Bird.. Never heard of this jigga cut, but Jigga, alongside flux are responsible for the brunt of the breeding work in the cookie fam. Tons of phenotypes floating around that go by a number like #45, #46, #33 etc etc... if you figure out what your cut may happen to be please post about it. May be something that hasnt been circulated much... But i assume you have the #45.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It came from a friend who named it just as "cookies cut from jigga".. It came before the sherbet and gelatos hit the scene. It's a Very nice cut. Reminds me of a good pre98 bubba type. Very much like purple kush

IM$

Good question, I was wondering the same thing......why havent they put out any seeds, yet?

T

Timm

People in London are paying £24 a gram for Gelato41 lol

Absolute madness

Z

z-ro

just another hype from the cookie fam, paying for a name, not a quality. you seem to know a lot about american strains for an english folk.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I wouldn't call any gelato I've sampled anywhere near a bubba. It's just a polyhybrid mish mash of the same shit they been breeding for years. Some phenos good, most aren't. Nothing elite about in my opinion. Reminds me of a watered down thin mints with a floral undertone.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
And englishrick, gelato wasn't available until the numbered phenos were grown out. The process was actually pretty transparent. I doubt it's a "pre-gelato-gelato" but a gelato that's heavily circulated if not a s1 from a bag.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Us English people follow you Americans closely!,,,it's because you guys light the way to better weed,,,,,,usually ;)

The cut I have is not a gelato,,,mine is a cookies clone,,an to be honest it's pretty good. Not as tasty as purple kush but defiantly an elite. An definitely a Pk cross,,, If the cut I've got was shit I'd not be interested in this cookies hype. But seriously I found the cookies lines to be pretty nice

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
is this in regard to that vice article?

id strongly guess that people (non usa) are paying more for the packaging, a cookies joint box, a dispensary container, extract jars, people love photographing that shit. its bragging rights at a guess, no shortage of nobs with cash on ig.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is my point of view

Yeh. It's not kids buying 50quid grams. It's dealers!. I've been selling to this market for years. It's this crowd who was paying 300quid for my home grown elites only a few years back... Now I've been out of the game for a few years back. Now I need to get back to selling them big brand names and tastes..

They like to have that next level of personal smoke to show status. One dealer will show another dealer his weed to assert his superior dick size. An that's why they pay more than the average smoker who just wants a smoke an to get stoned. Dick size!

Latest posts

Latest posts