What's new

Found someone's spot, what would you do?

P

polzek

As it says in the title, was scouting and found precisely cut old stems still in the ground at a potential spot with good sunlight. There were about 5-6 plants grown there, the stems were very dry, cracked easily. What would you do?

Easy dude...dont be lazy...its someone elses...and its a shitty spot if you found it...planting there would be idiotic...keep hiking further

P

polzek

Yes of course man, I won't be touching it or anything, I'm just interested in opinions :D found something better for myself

Tynehead Tom

leave a pop can 1/2 buried in one of the spots beside the withered stem as a friendly heads up to yer fellow farmer that he also needs to find a new spot too. If you found it, surely the chances of others finding it is pretty good.

Stinkhorn123

No disrespect to anyone but just because a grower stumbles onto somebody spot while out scouting certainly doesn't mean it's a shit spot.

WelderDan

Veteran
I would do what I always did: Don't fuck with it and move on.

Not only do you not know who it belongs to, you don't know if they saw you, or if the place is booby trapped. We don't want a fish hook in the eye, or to step on a board full of rusty nails now, do we?

redlaser

Veteran
One year a partner and myself decided to guerilla grow full time and scouted extensively in unfamiliar areas. During about the third visit to one spot my car gets a flat while leaving on a gravel road so I stop to fix it. One car passes me while fixing the tire, it's a fairly remote area. Then I'm driving back in a friends car with a small spare on the back drivers side at 2 in the afternoon on a sunny day on this straight stretch of road where you could see for almost half a mile. I'm doing about 55mph max because of the spare tire and I see this dark brown ford ranger come up slowly like he's gonna pass and I don't even take a second look at him. He pulled up almost alongside even and full body slams me onto the gravel shoulder and into the ditch. Car spun a few times in the ditch but didn't flip, ended up facing backwards but the rear end of the car was on enough of a side road that I was able to drive away. Ford ranger rode his brakes for a bit but took off. Could never find out who it was. I'm convinced there was a grow around the area because we had about ten spots within twenty miles and had found a few single plants that we left alone

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you were never there and never seen shit...yeehaw..someone was so dumb to not even cover their tracks...move along

Easy7

Veteran
I found someones plant once. It was on the north side of a small area, hardly any light. Just a tiny cage around it that wouldn't keep any critters out. Also looked like they pee'd on it as soon as it came up. It wasn't very healthy. I proceeded to grow on the south side of the field. I liked spots that you really have to crawl to get too.