What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rusty's Garden

Mornin',

So, Im finally getting a thread going to post my stuff, and share my thoughts. I run a perpetual harvest, and I like to try new things on the same old varieties. I'm running coco and V+B right now, but youll see the organic soil pots slowly taking over the room shortly.

My main gal is a Blueberry that I grew from seed, definately not as potent as some (at all) but its for sure the medicine. It also makes wicked hash, water or sift, easy to work with. Here she is finished up. I dont currently run too many different things, but will post up some of the other staples later. Just as a disclaimer, I want folks to feel free to post anything they think might be relevant, interesting, of funny, it doesnt bother me at all, so have at it.
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Sometimes I copy the whole post before I hit "post", then when that friggin' database error message shows up, you just reload the page, and paste what you wrote.

Haha, thanks man, I had copied it, then copied over it haha. That happens alot...I was just saying that I just ordered up the last of what I needed for soil ammendments. I had a bunch of kelp and alfalfa left over from last season, but ordered up some neem and crustacean meal. I also found a cool local source for rock dust minerals. My plan is to mix the 100 gallons or so of soil I have from last season with about 18 cubic yards of new mix, then get a soil test and see where Im at ratio-wise.

Last edited:
If anybody reads this and has any opinion on T5HO led conversion lamps, I'd love to here about it. It seems like a pretty good way to go if your looking to keep wattage down. I think I saw em for a bit over twenty a piece.

Last edited:
Who's Blueberry are you growing? Does it have that blueberry muffin smell?

Looks good.

Hey skinny leaf, funny you mention that, short answer is no, this ones fruity, funky, chaulky. idk what folks have to say around here, and I forget where I posted about this before, Ive grown a decent share of blueberry, and blueberry crosses, in my opinion, the "blueberry muffin" or "blueberry danish", (we always joke that its the Umami Blueberry, cause of the buttery/cheeseiness), comes up pretty darn frequently in crosses. Idk anything about CH9 or there seeds, but by far the most brutally blueberry muffin flavor came from a CH9 toxic blue33 freebie seed, and it was really something to be rekoned with.

On that note, I'd love to have something along the flavor lines of throwing an entire handful of fresh blueberries straight of the farm in your mouth. Sweet and sour and blueberry.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If anybody reads this and has any opinion on T5HO led conversion lamps, I'd love to here about it. It seems like a pretty good way to go if your looking to keep wattage down. I think I saw em for a bit over twenty a piece.

I saw some at home depot, and online. When I have the extra cash, I might check them out. PetFlora won't stop going on about them, but then again he's super LED biased.

Thats where I saw em too. They only had T8 replacements, they sell the T5 online, but out of stock, probably cheaper elsewhere, I think they were like 33 a piece. I'm going to give them a try when I get a-round-to-it.

yocs

that blueberry you have looks awesome, love me some blueberry. When you get those led conversions let us know what you think. I've noticed them at home depot as well and have wondered about them. Prolly not great for flowering but don't see why they wouldn't be good for veg and takin clones

Thanks Yocs, I think especially for clones and mothers its a no brainer, I have a hard time thinking they wont be more the sufficient for that. I really want to see how they work for vegging compared to T5.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice gardening Rusty. I have a Blueberry IBL I made to breed with. It's a hybrid of 2 types which came out well for a first breed, I then Hybridized it with another line and also inbred it for a generation back to the dad.

I found blueberry very random it's the worst line I have ever grown, DJ short is a Prick who uses bad methods to make seed.. He shouldn't be advising anyone on anything includeing 'best breeding practices'.. I had to outcross his shit.. It was just about all hermi with to much variance, there was some berry some musk and some floral scents but nothing to write home about. The stature of the plants was random too like he hadn't used a Indi/Sat in the first Filal. I moved on to better genetics ASAP, he's got his own way of doing things. Growing hermi shite. Took me 2 crosses to make it stable.. The F1 I have as the Bx are uniform and don't herm..

I wish DJ could do that back then lol!

It's smells like Skunk now.. Grows like Skunk but has al the colours of yours in the F1.. Tastes better than Skunk.

I'd take the Pepsi challange with DJ lines..

Hoss12B1P

Wow... That Coco and V+B is on point. Whole vast assortment of colors. Kinda reminded me of Hunter S. Thompson's trunk! Bet it has all the effects as well! Awesome plants!

Hoss12B1P

Thanks for the input Dave, and thanks for stopping by, Sounds like youve got yours very nice now feel free to post a pic in here if you want, I'd love to see it. Ive knocked some pollen around with mine too. I watered in another 10 of those seeds yestereday, so we will see what pops. 5 more BlueberryOG and 5 from a really OG leaning blueberryOG bx to same the blueberry. Ill post pics when theres something to looks at. On that note too, im over CS, too many mixed results, will be going with STS for future attempts, it seems like thats where its at now. I had sucess with CS for my first few tries, but not much the last few goes. Im about 3 weeks into what appears to be a total CS failed attempt at reversing the Blueberry, as well as another pheno of the blueberryOG I havent posted here yet. Any tips on STS would definitely be appreciated. Ive grown the Blueberry and her OG crosses exclusively for way too long, and after I run through whats left of those seeds (hopefully before too long), Ill be looking elsewhere for something that catches my eye. For the most part I think there is a lot to be learned from selfing, and outcrossing to another you know very very well. With so much nonsense around, and being someone of very limited "social" desire, for me it just seems better to take everyones word with a grain of salt and to self and outcross to my blueberry to see whats really "behind" the seed/cut, before trying to think about working it elsewhere. Thanks again man!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Recipe I have for STS is tempremantal. It's legit and confirmed as working but it's poor to make sedds to sell. How many can you sell like 300 max lol..

Outcross and self is Important as genetic resource material.. Make genes before you bottleneck to the best! Not CS and hope for the best.. I know you get predicrtable results but for how long with inbreeding..

How much varience is there to choose from..

I have just popped the last of my basic seed from the line of the Hybrid. not the BX. I'll start a thread Rusty..

My language isn't really appropiate but I have had to deal with my fair share of BS and nonsence and been ripped off by breeders for crap genetics so I am like this now..

You female looks superiour to the ones I found in seeds I bought..... Since I made these crosses I have got better at the growing so I may find some better phenos now my environment is pukka..