What's new

Real Skunk Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

corky1968

Veteran
Let say somebody wanted a Real Skunk Plant. Not looking for Sweet Skunks.

What is the best seed today to get? I'm looking for something that would scare the animal Skunks below away.

This Roadkill Skunk and Uk Cheese I've read of sound cool if only they would in seed format and not so crossed
with sweet stuff. Not sure if Roadkill Skunk is even available now. It's too bad strains from the 70's to the 90's
weren't better preserved.

Look people an Original Skunk with her clones. :laughing:

skunk-log.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

More skunk clones.

skunk.jpg

Here's a link to another thread named The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club that may interest you.

Last edited:

jedi5891

Hey Bro. Ugorg #1 is Exodous cheese x Blues/livers. These are both Sam the Skunkman original skunk #1 phenos. I too have longed for that road kill skunk from late 80s early 90's etc. Cheese is skunk cross but most of the stuff I've seen of late is very tepid with weak sweet skunk/cheese smells going on. I've smoked cheese pre 2005 before any seeds were available and that was the real deal rd kill skunk. From my research I stumbled across Under ground original seed company, with many people at another forum saying good things about this cultivar.
So I'm at the end now of flowering them and they sure are fire skunk funk. There's a few phenos with 1 being a bit sweeter and the other end one is straight up deep skunk funk. The 3rd a bit in between. These seeds are regulars. If you was ti F2 them you'll isolate that rd kill genetic your after.
Here's a couple of pics
picture.php
picture.php

I hear Mr Nice seeds have Sam the Skunkman original skunks in his verities. RKS from DNA I think it was is pretty skunky.

Good luck on your quest
Stay green
Peace
Namaste

B

blue_tick

stclair's skunk is suppose to be the old school. his description calls out the animal smell.

never grown it just saying

peace

FireIn.TheSky

I would skip RKS from DNA, the Rks stands for really killer skunk not roadkill skunk.

People have been on a quest for a skunk smelling plant from skunk#1 for years in my personal opinion chasing a true skunk from skunk 1 seed is a waste of time. If it existed someone would have found it by now, the closest thing to pop up as far as a stinky skunk is uk cheese which is cheesy not skunky.

That being said I have a true dead skunk plant, the thing reeks like a skunk it came from a seed I found in one of my plants and as far as I know it has no relation to skunk1.

The problem is it doesn't yield for shit so im going to breed it to chem91/sfvAppalachia which is one of the skunkiness strains I have ever grown and try to make male/female seed from my skunks ass clone.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm thinking that a Chem crossed into a smelly Skunk would yield some repulsive results.

corky1968

Veteran
I'm glad to see that people still are into Real Skunks.

BTW: jedi5891, that first plant you posted. Was it given a shower?

I too take my plants in the shower sometimes for a nice shower.
I only do that in vegetative growth. All it takes is a 15 seconds
lukewarm light spray and they seem so alive and clean.

Even regular house plants like showers if they can't get rain.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rather than back cross, which is a mythical method for locking down traits, use fillial generations using the stankiest parents you can find.
OR
Self the stinkiest few mothers you find then hit them with some stinky males if you desire regular male/female seeds.

FireIn.TheSky

I guess I could do it either way. I think with plant breeding it will go which ever way it wants, no amount of breeding will lock in anything 100%.

If a breeding naturally leans toward desired traits that's how it will go regardless on f1 or f10. If a plant refuses to lean the way you want no amount of beating that dead horse will yield the desired results.

It is an absolute shit shoot when you are breeding for very specific traits in terms of smell, taste, and looks.

Luckily the skunks ass mother and Chem 91sfv Appalachia look very similar so that's an easy one. I would really just have to focus on the smell. Yield will be improved without a doubt because the mother yields so little.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually...

Self your skunky mother that you currently have.

If it is homozygous for it's chemotype, the resulting S1 progeny should all match extremely closely to the mother. If the chemotypes are all over the place, back crossing would prove nearly useless as the mother would be heterozygous as would the vast majority of her offspring, when back crossed.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Chimera's RKS x Chemdog

Chimera's RKS x Chemdog

They were gone in no time flat. I missed out. But...

There are more of these, nobody that wants them is going to miss out. :)

It will be another few weeks until they are re-listed. We simply underestimated the demand and apprently didn;t send in enough packs.

Im a little concerned with the loss of packages of seeds and labels being lost in the mail (a first for us), but once we get that sorted with SB more will be made available. Don't fret!

This was posted 2/2016. I've been keeping an eye out, but not as closely as I should be, and hope they didn't drop again only to miss out again. Anyway, I imagine there's some stinky skunky smellers in there!

Great lookin' plant, jedi5891!

FireIn.TheSky

Actually...

Self your skunky mother that you currently have.

If it is homozygous for it's chemotype, the resulting S1 progeny should all match extremely closely to the mother. If the chemotypes are all over the place, back crossing would prove nearly useless as the mother would be heterozygous as would thevast majority of her oofspring, when back crossed.

Funny thing is my skunks ass mother is an s1 of a mystery clone I run. I found 2 seeds in a bud and grew 1.

The original mother plant is stinky but not skunk, with epic resin, and very unique looks. The original mother is finicky and lanky as all hell, the skunks ass mother looks like a pure afghanica it grows very slow, thick stems, yields small on a single cola frame but it way less finicky. So you can see the s1 did not take after the mother, I wonder how the s1 would perform when s2d

corky1968

Veteran
Maybe, if a person would take 3 to 4 totally different stinky types
and crossed together in the same grow. With a subsequent hunt for
the Real Skunk in the F2-F4 generations would do.

For example: A bunch of skunk, kush, afghani and cheese types all mixed
together in breeding orgy style would create something like I want?

I'm sure, it's just a numbers game and crossing more than 2 types
would really create lots of variation if they are not related.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny thing is my skunks ass mother is an s1 of a mystery clone I run. I found 2 seeds in a bud and grew 1.

The original mother plant is stinky but not skunk, with epic resin, and very unique looks. The original mother is finicky and lanky as all hell, the skunks ass mother looks like a pure afghanica it grows very slow, thick stems, yields small on a single cola frame but it way less finicky. So you can see the s1 did not take after the mother, I wonder how the s1 would perform when s2d

I'd say... S2s it is...
If you still have it, I'd suggest, pop the second seed as well.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were gone in no time flat. I missed out. But...

This was posted 2/2016. I've been keeping an eye out, but not as closely as I should be, and hope they didn't drop again only to miss out again. Anyway, I imagine there's some stinky skunky smellers in there!

Great lookin' plant, jedi5891!
I think I saw that a second package also went missing.
I hope I'm wrong though.

Maybe, if a person would take 3 to 4 totally different stinky types
and crossed together in the same grow. With a subsequent hunt for
the Real Skunk in the F2-F4 generations would do.

For example: A bunch of skunk, kush, afghani and cheese types all mixed
together in breeding orgy style would create something like I want?

I'm sure, it's just a numbers game and crossing more than 2 types
would really create lots of variation if they are not related.

First...
"CHEESE" is "SKUNK"

Next...
I think that the Chem lines are derived from "SKUNK" previous to it being released publicly & having the skunkiness breed out. (OGs possibly as well.)

Then...
Mashing all those varieties together should yield some very interesting results but IMO, you'd possibly spend years searching for that one plant that yields the specific result you desire.

Then what?
We want a Road Kill Skunk line that produces a majority of stanky types in seed form. Anothet cut of some dank ass Skunk is fine but producing a consistent seed line is even more desirable.

Have you studied Mendel?
What you propose would be considered a pollen chuck, IMO.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I've come to the conclusion that the roadkill has to be controlled by multiple genes/loci and maybe even specific alleles which makes breeding or locking down process more complicated. Also the varieties of today have been bred so much or diluted it even makes it that much harder. My reasoning being how many people still trying to find it and haven't. Not to say it's not out there but if so must be closely held. The Fan Club thread ran for 15 years and 227 pages.

corky1968

Veteran
I've come to the conclusion that the roadkill has to be controlled by multiple genes/loci and maybe even specific alleles which makes breeding or locking down process more complicated. Also the varieties of today have been bred so much or diluted it even makes it that much harder. My reasoning being how many people still trying to find it and haven't. Not to say it's not out there but if so must be closely held. The Fan Club thread ran for 15 years and 227 pages.

Another way to go about it could be to get the same type of landraces used to create the Original Skunks and start all over again.

Anyone have a 10,000 sq. ft. greenhouse?

BTW: I'm surprised nobody said anything about the nice clones I posted in the 1st post. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.