You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Flower Photos > The Funk Lab

Thread Title Search
The Funk Lab Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2016, 06:54 PM #1
Mustafunk
Brand new oldschool

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
The Funk Lab

I wanted to have a thread here where I could put together some of my photography, projects, current grows, clone testing, selections, preservation projects and essentially what's going on here. Otherwise sometimes information gets lost through hundreds of threads and topics, so it's hard to keep it at hand. Plus I like bringing memories back from the past grows from time to time as well!

It's been a long time around and I feel I'd like to share the journey with all the good friends and aficionados that have been inspiring me as well. That's how the Funky Lab idea came to my mind, it will be the place for both the stinky plants and the funky-ass vibes too.

A place to share and enjoy beautiful plants, the passion for exotic landraces, traditional heirlooms and rare plants, oldschool vibes, discussion and exchange on info about breeding, R&D and preservation but also photography of course, good music (mostly funk, jazz, soul and so on), lifestyle, art, travelling, nature, culture or anything else. I wasn't sure about where to open the thread but because I will mostly focus on sharing Cannabis photography here, I feel this is the best room to fit it.

I've been messing around my camera for a few years but I've never found the time and inspiration to start photographing plants or macro photography. Since I'm currently freelancing as a writer and working on my own Cannabis educational website for the Spanish and Latin American community, I've found that the time to start was now!

I'm messing around with a small domestic photo studio, using mostly the setup I was using for portrait photography:

-Light modifiers: strobist style softbox, umbrella and also reflectors, poly boards and other useful DIY modifiers.
-Wireless flash triggers.
-Sturdy Tripod with a decent ball head... camera+100mm lens are heavy as shit!
-An old 10MP Canon EOS40D body with a decent macro lens (Canon 100mm 2.8 USM).

That's all about it so far, I'm keeping it simple at the moment and will focus mostly on lighting and composition before upgrading anything else, as I think that's the foundation of good photography.

Big ups to all the good friends from ICMag that I've had the pleasure to know and learn from during this almost 10 years! Many things changed since then but the passion for growing and sharing is the same if not more!

Time to start rolling now...

I love fall and autumn colors so I want to start with one of my favourite head-stash plants, the Lilly from Delicatessen. I love the looks, the happy effect and the fruity taste resembling so much to yummy pinneapple candy.

Love at first sight, I really hope more people from outside Spain will give this beauty a try soon!

Vibes.
Mustafunk is offline Quote

19 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:02 PM #2
Mustafunk
Brand new oldschool

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
Speaking about with fruity flavours I've just remembered about this nice Blueberry cut I'm loving, true blueberry muffin terpenes. Only drawback is how stretchy she is! I will soon test a different Blueberry sativa cut from a friend and have several F13 F2 seeds at home that I might explore in the future.

I've always loved DJ Short's genetics because of the beautiful colors and distinctive qualities but I always wanted to find more sativish leaning and energetic phenotypes. Blueberry Sativa, Blue Dream and Blueberry hybrids were always more interesting for me.

Like for example hybrids between tropical extreme sativas and DJ's lines like for example this amazing hybrid from a good old friend and sativa lover, who crossed a nice and trippy Highland Thai from Real Seed Company with some of his purple Flo males. Many people also loved the Highland Mexican X Blueberry by Chimera. Maybe some day...

Highland Thai X Flo by Van Vulpen. VV, bro, where are u at??:

Peace.

19 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:15 PM #3
t99

t99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud oft99 has much to be proud of
Looking forward to this! Always enjoy your pics, knowledge and opinions on breeding and cannabis!
t99 is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2016, 03:31 AM #4
Highlighter
ring that bell

Highlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant future
It's about time, brother!
I love the DJ crosses, hope to get into that area of my seed stash in the coming yr.

Keep 'em coming!

(I'm jealous of such nice photography gear!)

Brotherhood of Eternal Love

R.I.P. DR. Jay, medical messiah
R.I.P. Medjool, ganja goddess
R.I.P. LMN , sativa king
Highlighter is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:53 AM #5
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
Cool idea for a thread! Im a bit of a photography buff myself, nice pics man. Looks great.

Keep it funky
chronosync is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2016, 05:13 AM #6
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Just awesome! Can't wait for this! Sub'd!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2016, 03:56 PM #7
Mustafunk
Brand new oldschool

Let's get darker here... Peyote showing off! Loving the aromatic terpenes, soapy but still with that common earthy/cocoa/coffee background from the Bubbas.

16 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:00 PM #8
Ollie

Ollie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really nice
Hey MustaFunk,

Great with some positive vibes and all !

Looking forward to see the behold strains unfold within great pictures.

Big up
Ollie is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:00 PM #9
Mustafunk
Brand new oldschool

Frosty as it can be!

Let's bring some dopeness here, this guy has some greenthumbs but on the guitar!:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:18 PM #10
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Oi, that PP looks beautiful. Good camera work as well.

Stoked to follow along
Mikell is offline Quote