What's new

Hunting cameras for outdoors?

belivitez

Sorry if some topic like this already exist. I use search option with no results :comfort: does someone useing those cameras? I have one few years ago but i sell camera. Now im searching for some new and i dont know what to buy :blowbubbles:

Easy7

Veteran
Just remember that they shoot you too. It's worse than leaving a boot print that's on file with the local popo.

Lot's of those are in the woods already.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i use the ones send pics to your phone , they love battery,s though if there taking too many pics, but thats the only down side . also need good phone signal .

there multi purpose . round home at your weed . i have more than i,ll admit too .
if your not legal . burner phone and sim cards . they even have ones now you can txt from your phone to turn on and off also to take a pic and send . pretty fancy . i don't have those ones :( yet .

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I have used the Covert Black 60 trail camera with great success. It takes sharp color shots at by day, and also takes black and white pictures with its invisible infra red flash even in the darkest of nights.

Last edited:

belivitez

Have somebody experience with cheap 100-150$ hunting cams? I dont need fancy quality of photo i just want te recognise human/animal, to have fast trriger, be unvisible at night and have mms or email option.

@easy7 first you must to hide camera perfectly and some cameras have sms option for on/off mode.

Easy7

Veteran
Having cops set up trail cams that send pics to them in a matter of seconds is freaky. I had no idea that those cams existed. Going to need a damn ghillie suit to go out!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

BAKED_BEANZ

what brands/models would you suggest?

i have the um565 black ops , there is new models just released (595 i think).
the only problem i have is , in the middle of the day you may get a false alarm pic or as the day as temps are heating up . you can put them in a more covered area if its available and it won't happen . needless to say you probably don't want your weed in the pics sent unless your legal .

they are good on the battery,s unless your getting a lot of pics then they drain fairly quick . there is solar panels for battery life help . keep in mind it needs to be in the sun and will reflect to planes ect if caught on the right angle by them i,m guessing .

also if theres lots of night animals get used to being woken up to your phone if some rodent is around . you,ll be getting pics of it . i have a fox every 3 days or so go,s past at 2 am or there abouts .

friends have some not sure of the brand , but i believe they can turn it on & off by sending the cam a txt msg. this would be very handy function . maybe the new one has it not sure . theres was cheaper and seem to be happy with them .

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

Having cops set up trail cams that send pics to them in a matter of seconds is freaky. I had no idea that those cams existed. Going to need a damn ghillie suit to go out!

when i was buying mine , the salesman was saying most of his clients were law enforcement , government departments .

Gizmo

Can you spot my spot ? i bet you can't :biggrin:
Fuck these hunting cameras !

picture.php

o9Ikem0.jpg

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yeah man , the cotton days are gone , this way you know exactly who it is . they shoot in rapid intervals you select .

i use them at home also even if i have nothing there . i want to know if someone is poking round . or when i go out or on holidays . the uses are endless . in your workshop or work place when you lock up . i love the things .

best bit of tech yet .

plantingplants

i use the ones send pics to your phone , they love battery,s though if there taking too many pics, but thats the only down side . also need good phone signal .

there multi purpose . round home at your weed . i have more than i,ll admit too .
if your not legal . burner phone and sim cards . they even have ones now you can txt from your phone to turn on and off also to take a pic and send . pretty fancy . i don't have those ones :( yet .

Beanz, do trees or plants waving in the wind set them off? Also, what service do they use? I don't get AT&T reception.

hamstring

Veteran
I just did some research my self.

You want no glow technology because the flash cant been seen by humans. Many of the nice trail cams have low or red glow flash. It gives way better night time pics than no glow . But guerrillas dont want great pics they want their camera to go undetected. The low and/or red glow cameras have a visible flash the no glow or black LED are not detectable by humans.

Again this is 30 minutes of research I have no real life experience.

I was looking for a good budget camera with good guerrilla options and you can get a good camera with no glow flash for $85.00-99.00 range it even has video ( Stealth cam P36).

You will also need to buy an adapter for the SD card to view the pictures on your smart phone. I saw two kinds of adapters one that you needed to down load an app to use and one you didn't. Either allows you to view ,save or delete the pics on the SD card. Both were in the range of $20.00(whitetail'r phonereader'r)

I would love to hear real life experience on using trail cams.

To me if the secret to success is the camera not being spotted and stolen or worse they could delete any pics on the camera without you ever knowing they were there.

Please chime in with your experience.

hamstring

Veteran
Just thinking out loud but all the trail cams I've seen were mounted waist to chest high to get pics of deer.

Has anyone ever mounted them 10 -15 ft off the ground pointing at angle downwards to get pics. In my mind its about keeping the camera hidden and people dont usually look up.

love to hear how other guerrillas mount their trail cams?

S

Stone House

Just thinking out loud but all the trail cams I've seen were mounted waist to chest high to get pics of deer.

Has anyone ever mounted them 10 -15 ft off the ground pointing at angle downwards to get pics. In my mind its about keeping the camera hidden and people dont usually look up.

love to hear how other guerrillas mount their trail cams?

Yes, you can mount the camera in elevated positions as long as the movement detector still covers the target area.
Keep in mind if you mount camera too high you may not be able to make out targets face. You can also set one in a pile of rocks on the ground.
I have several game cameras on my property mounted to trees at 5 to 7 feet, none of my friends have ever spotted one.
I even forget about them myself sometimes and have to delete a bunch of pictures :bigeye:
The game cameras I have can be set off by trees blowing in the wind. Hope this helps!

hamstring

Veteran
stone
thanks for the info.

Personally I'm not worried about be able to make out the face just want to know if my location has been compromised. I have been thinking of using trail cams for years but just never pulled the trigger.