What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RuralRoute's 1K E/F Goji OG

RuralRoute420

Just setting up a space for my next thread. We are going to do e/f, with clay, and will be setting it up as I go, due to time and money constraints. We went with Great Lake Genetics (super great people!) Bodhi Goji OG and some freebies Gorilla Glue#4 x LBL(LongBottomLeaf.)

Last edited:

RuralRoute420

yesterday the seeds went in water for an 18hr soak, and then into their new home, aka, my germination chamber. this is due to my cats and the fact that i keep the house so cool. after the soak, i noticed one of the goji fell apart, no good. out of 11, this leaves us with 10. i'm definitely not worried since almost all of them cracked within 4 hours of getting heat.

RuralRoute420

day 2 being in the "germination box" and all the remaining beans have cracked and are showing taproots. sofar im very impressed with the quality of the seeds. let's see how many girls we pull out them now!:dance013:

LostTribe

Premium user
if you are doing ebb with hydroton what are you going to start the seeds out in? You will have to transplant later....Once the tap root is out you need to plant them or they may get stunted and die.

RuralRoute420

Day 4 of germination if you count first day soak. Looking real good. The top dawg's are huge compared to the goji.

Like I said, i'm kind of winging this as i go. usually i have a clear plan, but it seems as though i'm kind of stumbling along. Either way we are looking for potential mama's so soil will just make it easy for me to start with, and will switch everything over to hydro when i'm ready. probably go to dixie cups next, wait 4-5 nodes, flip them to show sex and them yank them back out. i haven't fully decided if i'm going to keep the mamas in soil or not...seedling are already under 4 - 4ft shoplites in the closet.

Started working on my new cloner last night. I'm waiting on the pump in mail, and just need to insert misters and cut holes for net cups. i'm going to splurge and get the nice inserts to go with the cups. i struggled with cloning in the bubbler, but have high hopes for the aeroponics.

oldnslow

Wow! those DID crack open quick! Hope you got some planted today....otherwise they may have used up a lot their stored energy on growing the taproot, which will make it harder for them to be healthy seedings.

I've had lousy luck with bubble cloners..... either never got roots, or bacteriia/mold set in. So will be following along on your progress and success with that.

Best of Luck!:plant grow:

jedi5891

gogi og

gogi og

I'm into week 9 with my gogi og. Day 59, an I can personally say they are a top strain. Not the greatest yielder, but if you like lemony/fuel/berry og funk! You'll love these. They are very stretchy plants apart from 1 of the phenos I Copt. I had 4 females out the 11 seeds, and they all have different growth and flower formations. They'll need supporting too with 1 of the phenos being very floppy. Good luck, gogi og rocks.
Here's some pics of 3 of the plants at day 59. Namaste
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

lawlrus

Wow, those look fucking phenomenal. Makes me super excited about my one lone Goji female. Can't wait to see the finish!

RuralRoute420

seeds went into soil for now until sex is determined, then we will go from there. my problem now is that i don't have a clear cut plan yet, but i will by the time it needs to be in place. i'm so indecisive anymore that i had to pop the beans just to get the process to move. otherwise i would still be here trying to come up with "perfect" plan. we will not be doing the grow in soil, maybe the mamas if i have to, but really despise soil.

got 96 5" square pots to fit into 2 Active Aqua Flood Tables Premium White 2'x4'. there may be a few extra pots. i drill extra holes on bottom and all for sides to help let the water in.

after reading a post on washing your hydroton in washing machine you know i had to try it. besides the first rinse is always the worst and i have to say, each load was half a bag, and its pretty damn clean. luckily i live alone because there was no way to get it out from underneath middle thingy, so it continued to come out in the next 2 loads of laundry. i do have xtra washer already in basement, maybe i need to fix it and use it soley for clay. i liked it way better than making a mess in bathtub, and breaking my back doing it. i have 2 more bags that will need done, but not today. changed my mind, and did all four bags. if i'm gonna make a mess, only want to make one. would be nice to have seperate machine.
the seedling are now in potting soil in dixie cups, more pics to come. sorry so slow. going to start working on building the first of 3 enclosures in basement tonight. gonna 2x4 it, sheetrock it, and paint it. tally expenditures and see how much i saved over buying tents.

Last edited:
Wow Jedi, those look killer ! I hope my Goji girl ends up like that;)
I only ended up with one so I might veg her out a little longer than usual since she will be all alone in my 4x4 tent. Taking some clones before I flip the switch.
Rural I can't wait to see how yours come out with your setup :)

JZonk

It makes me sad looking at those Goji OG pics. I lost my Goji's after 2 years of successfull cloning. It was a wonderfull plant with an exceptional taste and smell. Damn fusarium wilt. :mad:

RuralRoute420

had to order new electrode for extech ph meter. i guess the electrodes go bad after sitting around for 10 years. works great with new $40 electrode, i really like the quality of this meter. for ppm meter i went with a new bluelab commercial truncheon. good quality, 5 yr warranty, and the commercial goes a little higher and lower than the original.

seedlings as of today. got them in dixie cups where they will stay till sex is determined. the small one in the middle was a seed that somehow got out of paper towel, thus it is lagging behind, but we still want it. there is a goji with it's first set of leaves that already smells when i get close. smell is gonna be funky during this grow. i hope my carbon filter is big enough for this room.....i have a 400cfm inline with a 6x16 iPower carbon filter.

Last edited:

RuralRoute420

this is the area in the basement that i'm building my room. as you can see the foundation leaves a lot to be desired and hope that RH isn't an issue with the rainy seasons that we've had last 2 years....will be investing in new dehuye when the time comes. at some point i'm going to tuck mortar all the rocks to seal it.

here's the start to room. once again, i just bought 20 2x4's and went at it. do i have all the materials to finish? hell no, but it's a start that i needed. the room measures inside 6.4'x6.4'x6.4' which gives me 262cubic ft inside. will be adding rest of studs, lining it with plastic, followed by some green moldguard sheetrock, mud and tape it to seal, and hit it with some white paint. i chose to do it this way because i have most of the materials to do so = cheaper. i'm wondering if the floor will be an issue later if i don't seal it with kilz OR line it with foam board and then some plastic to keep humidity down. this basement stays cool all year long.

here's the basement window that' i'm going to use for ventilation. it's right next to room.

Last edited:

RuralRoute420

Worked a little on the cloner. Yes, a 4 year old might of been able to line the holes up better, but i really dont think that it'll matter in the end. Built it big in the event that i need them sometime, hate to have to rebuild later. Pump is here waiting at my mailing address, just need to pick up.

for nutes we are going to be running maxibloom for the first time after reading the thread about it. for a one part it seems promising.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

we are also going to try running the entire first grow with a 4000k MH bulb that also has a thread dedicated to it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257559&highlight=4000k

i basically read a lot, find the things that interest me and see how i can put them to use in my grow. this also makes me very indecisive because i'm constantly seeing things that i want to try....and can only do so much.

Last edited:

RuralRoute420

seedlings finally started to take off. i attribute the stall to transplanting them WAY before they are ready. there were hardly any root structure when they went from starter tray to 16oz dixie cup. now i can see the change almost daily. i just let them sit in 1-2 inches of water till they drink it, then add again.

seeing how the trays will fit inside room. also, had some old sheetrock laying around and pieced all this together out of it. ran out of 2x4's, so that one wall is just tacked in place to get idea. got the ceiling and outside wall and the rest of the sheetrock in place tonight. going to put first coat of mud on tonight.

RuralRoute420

Finished the cloner today. Broke 2 nozzles while installing. seems to be working good. suction cups on bottom of 396pump allows it to lean to one side. will have to mount something there to keep it level. there is so much pressure from these misters that i'm going to have to lower manifold an inch or 2.

RuralRoute420

got paint on walls, light hung, gotta get a few things to hang the scrubber and fan. now we are getting somewhere. going to redesign the table stands so that the trays are about 4-5inches closer. the gap in the middle is such wasted space.

sorry for the sideways pics. i messed with them for awhile and finally gave up.

Latest posts

Latest posts