What's new

4 x Kong 47, 1m2, 400W HPS, Coco DTW

fazor

Hello,

I've noticed there is no diary with Kong 47 im currently cultivating, so there is my little grow for You.

Strain:
* Kong 47 by Dr Underground

Box:
* 1x1x2m (Bud Box)

Bulb and ballast:
* 400W HPS Gib Flower Extreme
* Gavita electronic Ballast

Ventilation:
* out: 150-360m3/h
* in: passive
* carbon filter 240-360m3/h

Pots:
* 4 x 15L Airpot

Medium:
* 80% Coco, 20% perlite
* Coco is not too good it's last time i use such, next time high quality coco only - like plagron, canna or atami. Anyway i managed to controll initial issues with high EC, and dragging Ca from the solution.

Photoperiod:
* Full 12/1 with decreasing time by 30 min every 2 weeks after plants showed signs of flowering

Water:
* RO3 water

Fertilisers:
* GHE Trio, initially Micro for hard water and supplementing Ca by Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra, after few weeks - change to Micro for soft water, no more Cal Mag. I've found it's a much better way to supplement Ca.
* Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra
* GHE Diamond Nectar
* GHE Mineral Magic
* GHE BioRoots & BioBloom
* Plagron Sugar Royal
* EvoPlon BioAccelerator and Evoplon Multiburgeon: you will probably not be able to buy/find any of these, first is bit like GHE Micro but contais few rare minerals like charcoal i use it to reduce stress, second is a additional bio enchancer mainly for roots.

Watering 3 times per day with drippers, after pots get rootbounded, which happened about day 12, again, im impressed by root growth rate in airpots.

Germination:

Self made incubator, with stable 24 C temperature. Seeds germinated just after 24 hours, no problems.

picture.php

Day 1 (2015-12-10):

picture.php

picture.php

2015-12-16:

picture.php

2015-12-20:

picture.php

fazor

2015-01-22:
picture.php

2015-02-06:

That was 5 days ago, 1st picture shows roots just benath clay.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I will try to update every 10 days or so.

fazor

Thank You purestick.

Flowers starting to enter production phase where they grow more sides than up (sorry for bad english), anyway it's perfect moment to add extra PK for about 10 days.

BTW - at end of the grow diary i will post my fertilising notes: each day fertilisers dosage, temperature, EC and PH level.

Those values differ in DTW (fertigation) as in DTW we're feeding few times per day.

I use simple pattern: i divide standard dosage by number of feeds per day, so if i feed 3 times per day, standard dosage is a 1/3 of standard dosage for feeding once or less per day.

If anyone has any questions about grow i'll be happy to answer.

Last edited:

fazor

Pictures shot few days ago when it was day 78, flowering 38:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've rised PH to 6,2 - 6,3 for last 3-4 weeks of flowering to help flowers expanding.

Realising this thread is now over 2 yrs old, Are you still active in the forum?.....I ask because I just purchased some Kong 47 and there is LITTLE grow info for that strain....I chose it because it has OUTSTANDING genetics....AK47 x Kong which is Super Bud(Ed Rosenthals) x Chronic....prices WAY down in my area, so I need higher yields in order to keep prices low to compete....With the great yields and genetics, I'm surprised there is not more info available...
How were your yields....They looked fat and good resin production keeps weight up...Any quirks?...I've been growing a VERY LONG time but research never hurts....Heavy feeders?....Hope all your grows are successful and have enhance your life...Regards, YT (yankee transplant)

This is a shot in the dark considering the age of this thread, but Fazor, what was the outcome of your Kong 47 grow???? Yield, quality, etc...
I recently started some seeds, and cannot find any grow journals or 1st hand info....You are the only one I came across...It has insane genetics and I'm sure I can bring out the best they have, but the more info the better...Maybe nute hogs, calmag hogs, Nute sensitive...Dont know anything about the strain....If your still a member and have a moment, could you share your experince with them...thx,YT

fazor

Uh.... I have been inactive, but now i'm kinda back... I will post some grow journals in future months, but now I'm growing mostly my own seeds.

As of Kong 47: yield above average, taste and quality average. It's a good yielder for sure and good weed, but not something that would blow me away by taste or power.

Considering You posted Your message 9 months ago my answer is probably not very useful now, but anyway I hope you had a good time with Kong 47.

Latest posts

Latest posts