What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early preflower photos

Irotas

Hi, I am trying to sex my plants before I put them into flower.

I can't seem to find any pictures of early preflowers before the pistils come out, which is surprising to me with all the information out there.

Does anyone have any early photos of male and female preflowers, maybe through a microscope?

This is the best one I could find for a female, but it's still showing it's pistils.

http://postimg.org/image/6k8qorap5/

C

Collembola

they just start out as little nubs that are indistinguishable from the start of branching,

although the males are usually more rounded, females more "pod shaped" elongated.

by the time you have identified a "nub" as a preflower, you should be able to see it doesn't have a pistil etc.

the pistils are much more obvious, then the calyx, they are wayyyyy tiny to begin.

------------

you are going to have to wait, or take cuttings and then put them into flower ?, then discard / whatever.

Latest posts

Latest posts