What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bio Wave devices?

Easy7

Veteran
Bio wave devices, supposed to increase yield by opening the stoma (where the plant breathes).

I've read years ago that bird songs also open the stoma.

I have questions about this technology. Do other sounds such from exhaust fans limit the bio wave devices? Is it cheaper to play bird songs and as functional?

These are not cheap devices. 100 square feet mini unit is $750. Larger units that cover 10 acres are several thousand. Over all I'm curious, there is one outdoor grow (light dep) on IC that has posted a unit. Maybe you recall this thread?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DutchTouch used one in every room he had as I recall. You might track down his threads.

I still think it's malarkey ;)

coldcanna

Veteran
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.todayscience.org/AS/v2-1/AS.2291-4471.2014.0201006.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjzmIXchenKAhXMlx4KHeV-DxcQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNGDYGg1xIeOHjCnj6B8eGn3KD6WQQ&sig2=BjM0KizNIXeElvEAsE3TBQ

So this came up on google, it's only one study though so if your serious about buying a machine I'd do much more reading. They claim that high frequency sound (5000hz) increased soybean yields 75%. I'm still very skeptical myself, there are so many factors that influence stomata activity which include light intensity, humidity, co2 levels ect.... you would need a massive test group to make any findings statistically relevant and there are so many other proven ways to up your performance

Easy7

Veteran
Did some more reading. Crickets chirp at 5000hz, birds at 8000hz. Seems for an outdoor grow having more birds in the area is the same/similar benefit. Indoors, playing some crickets or birds chirping could have as good as an effect.

Maybe not snake oil but cheaper methods exist possibly.