What's new

what to do about powdery mildew

G

hello thanks for stopping by :wave: Approximately 7 of my outdoor plants have suspected powdery mildew, some more than others. my questions are as follows:

1. does anyone have any good pics of powdery mildew?
2. how does it negatively affect the plant?
3. what are my options for treating it?

thank you :badday:

K

kokua

there are sulfer based fungicides and copper based...they both work great.

There are also other options like serenade, which is a baccilus. And mildew cure that is made from clove and garlic oils.

wescyber

I would suggest an organic product called organicide its a dual pesticide and fungicide that seems to kill every thing I've ever put it on....from powdery mildew to mites to thrips.

-wes

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For all you cheap asses out there this formula was given to me by King Ralph and worked out very well.

death to powdery mildew...

bottle of isopropyl alcohol, and bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

sprayin before lights on or somethin si...

first spray, most potent say 30% iso, 50% peroxide, 20% water, spray em good eh, shake em all about.

within 5 mins rinse with 30% peroxide and 70% water, shake about...

then sick the fans on em good need that dry out.

oughtta do the trick, mabe second time if needed in a few days. death to the mildew :)

Cost me about 5.00 for 18 buckets. And no more pm to speak of.

Mr.Wags

wescyber said:
I would suggest an organic product called organicide its a dual pesticide and fungicide that seems to kill every thing I've ever put it on....from powdery mildew to mites to thrips.

-wes

I highly recommend that you DON'T use "Organocide" on your plants or if you do, be extremely careful. I sprayed my last crop with organocide at 1/4 the recommended strength and it basically killed every leaf in my garden, ended up harvesting about a pound and a half off of 4 1kw's on light movers....needless to say I was fucking pissed. I suggest you use either the baking soda method, ph'd water, serenade, sulphur burner, sulphur based spray, or something else thats tried and true. Copper based fungicides can also cause copper toxicity and burn your plants.

mrwags said:
For all you cheap asses out there this formula was given to me by King Ralph and worked out very well.

first spray, most potent say 30% iso, 50% peroxide, 20% water, spray em good eh, shake em all about.

oughtta do the trick, mabe second time if needed in a few days. death to the mildew :)

Mr.Wags

seranade sucks its does not get ride of it. only contains it from my use of this product. sucks

Litz_C

fix ur ventilation good until you feel good in the grow room.

use suflur foilar spray on those fuckin powder mildew.

My last 2 grow was ruined by those little bastard.This time i fixed my ventilation and no sign of them now...

mostly PM(powder mildew) reproduce themselves under high humdity and darkness.

you might want to get a de-humifier to lower the humity and pm.

dat my 2cent. Peave

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
mrwags said:

Mr.Wags

thanks for the info man, i am going to try this i hope. death to powdery mildew! :sasmokin:
peace

Frozenguy

Veteran
purrpullkush said:
I highly recommend that you DON'T use "Organocide" on your plants or if you do, be extremely careful. I sprayed my last crop with organocide at 1/4 the recommended strength and it basically killed every leaf in my garden, ended up harvesting about a pound and a half off of 4 1kw's on light movers....needless to say I was fucking pissed. I suggest you use either the baking soda method, ph'd water, serenade, sulphur burner, sulphur based spray, or something else thats tried and true. Copper based fungicides can also cause copper toxicity and burn your plants.

i would just like to say that i have used organicide at full strength with no problem at all.. i'm not saying that with other factors it could cause that problem, but i have used it with no problems.. i spray with a decent run off.. SOMETIMES i would spray water the next day..

hey did you ph the organicide?? cause phing it will make all the leaves go black/crumbly/burned.. you arn't supposed to ph ANYTHING foliar spray

no, I didn't ph the water but thats an interesting thought, I never ph the water for foliar sprays because I use RO water that comes out at 7, which has never given me any problems, but I could see how it would be a bad idea to put ph up or down in a foliar spray. My other beef with organocide is the fish smell, I can't stand it hehe.

also I should have mentioned the varietal I was growing is particularly touchy about foliar sprays, but still, I could imagine this being a problem for other varietals if its a problem for this one.

sirharrynuggz

Serenade!! 100% Organic, and safe on food crops until harvest day. I wouldn't use it very far into flowering though, cause it stinks.

G

My PM problem is under control for the time being...
thanks for all the help

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Serenade works well when used at least every few days. I apply mine with a deck sprayer indoors or out. Smells a bit wierd when you first use it but leaves no smell residue and can be used in heavy flower. I would stop the last week maybe two if you have under control. I normally mix neem with mine and it works out very well.

mysta177

Does a sulfar burner do anything to the taste of your Buds?
How often should you use a burner?
A humidifier worked out good to keep control of it.
I used this product called Bio Soy made by supernatural and it worked way better than baking soda/water and serenade. It was new to the hydro store but a top seller.
Its made of soy and dont really smell. I would recomment this because IT KILLS PM. :beat-dead

Latest posts

Latest posts