What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Zero impossible, Why.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's what I've come up with.

Thought is vibration.
Magnetisim is vibration.
All matter vibrates.
Vibration is energy release.

As long as there is thought about particles (matter), there is energy directed toward those particles. Those particles vibrate with the thought patterns, absorbing some of the energy, reflecting energy, continuously vibrating releasing some of the absorbed energy.

Make sense?
Anybody wanna put energy (thoughts) into this?

Subtle energies rule the heavens & the earth.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Isn't it something to do with the cosmic background radiation that keeps conditions, even in deep space, a fraction above?
But then I ain't no rocket surgeon.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll nibble.

Not entirely correct.
e = mc2 (squared)

All mass/matter vibrates. Example Quartz used in clocks, radios..
You can convert energy to mass/matter and vice versa.

I'm going to put energy into planning my 2016 Guerrilla season. Have fun.

Thought is vibration.
Magnetisim is vibration.
All matter vibrates.

As long as there is thought about particles (matter), there is energy directed toward those particles. Those particles vibrate with the thought patterns, absorbing some of the energy, reflecting energy, continuously vibrating releasing some of the absorbed energy.

Make sense?

jesbuds

Ah fun theoretical physics, was such a nerd in high school that I did a class report on Michio Kaku. One of the main reasons absolute zero is viewed as impossible is due to it conflicting with the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle which basically says we never know where quantum particles are. If we can never be certain of where they are, we can never be certain they have stopped and that absolute zero has been achieved.

Edit: Also, the third law of thermodynamics.

I wood

Absolute zero is an unobtainable abstract concept, like infinity, or matter traveling the speed of light.
And for that I'm glad since it is my understanding that at absolute zero everything ceases to exist and I'm pretty happy these days.

St. Phatty

If you cool a cannabis bud using dry ice, or liquid nitrogen, how does it affect it ?

I wonder if it dries it out.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
must be good stuff?? what ya smoking???yeehaw
CO Juicy Fruit clone x Joey Weeds Sugarberry.
I call it Berry Juice. This particular pheno is Alpha Berry.
:dance013:

I'll nibble.

Not entirely correct.
e = mc2 (squared)
I think I remember seeing something about this equation being disproven. Maybe it was a dream though.

All mass/matter vibrates. Example Quartz used in clocks, radios..
You can convert energy to mass/matter and vice versa.

I'm going to put energy into planning my 2016 Guerrilla season. Have fun.
:yeahthats
Hehe

Absolute zero is an unobtainable abstract concept, like infinity, or matter traveling the speed of light.
And for that I'm glad since it is my understanding that at absolute zero everything ceases to exist and I'm pretty happy these days.
That's a huge piece of my thought process.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thought is vibration.
Magnetisim is vibration.
All matter vibrates.

Make sense?

yeah,but is the cat alive or dead?:biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

come on up & spend a 5 month winter in northern Minnesota, try grabbing a wet minnow to bait your hook while ice fishing in -35F with the windchill making it feel like -55F. when the walleyes are biting hard you go get 'em, no matter what the weather.

I can assure you that you'll lose interest in contemplating any temps colder than what you're living through here.......

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

come on up & spend a 5 month winter in northern Minnesota, try grabbing a wet minnow to bait your hook while ice fishing in -35F with the windchill making it feel like -55F. when the walleyes are biting hard you go get 'em, no matter what the weather.

I can assure you that you'll lose interest in contemplating any temps colder than what you're living through here.......

as in,you have absolutely zero interest in considering temperatures lower than that?:biggrin:

would that be CTAWT? colder than a witches tit?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as in,you have absolutely zero interest in considering temperatures lower than that?:biggrin:

would that be CTAWT? colder than a witches tit?

quite viciously so.......

there's nothing colder than ice fishing ON the lake, not using any house or canvas shelter, having to keep moving a little bit to keep up with the moving/schooling fish; below zero temps, wind blowing hard, holes freezing over. Crazy cold shit just to fill the freezer, fresh caught walleye, perch, crappies, whatever's biting best.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hey Stoner4life man, you need an ice shanty. They make collapsible lightweight shanties now pretty cheap. Least it cuts the wind. Damn you got some frozen balls to be up north there on that lake minus shelter. Love fishing myself, we had some ice then it warmed up again. Lake trout were hitting good one day. Crappie the next.

And to MJPassion, you need a slightly bigger flux compacitor..lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

we've got shelters, knock downs and permanent types but if we're chasing perch or crappie then it's all about cutting 20-30 holes and working those, then when the bite stops you pick up & head off in the direction that the fish were moving as you watched & caught them.

If we're going for walleye we'll set up a fish house for warmth on the old coal hump or the edge of a steep break, working the baits right near the drop offs usually results in a decent catch, winter fishing regulations allow for 2 lines per person. After fishing the same local lakes for over 25 years it's almost like cheating although occasionally we still get skunked.

floralheart

Veteran

Thought is vibration.
Magnetisim is vibration.
All matter vibrates.

Make sense?

The more you listen, the more you are able to hear the echo of those vibrations. And sense the vibrations of others. Learn to tell your vibration from those of others.