What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

golf is not a sport its a game...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
sports involve lots of physical activity and sweat......lots of chances of injury...they also don't allow a player as long as he or she deciedes,,,, to do what they got to do !!!!! I recommend some changes!!!!!!!...first all players carry their own golf bag and or clubs/ gear,,,,,,,second is you now have 10 seconds to swing that club and hit that ball from approaching the t or you get penalized...third is after getting the ball in the hole,,, you now must run with all your gear to the next flag/hole and you will be timed.....overall time leader gets extra points..5th is if you can hit the player in front of you with the golfball while on the green ahead of you you also get bonus points....now you got a sport.......yeehaw

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watching golf is more of a sport than playing. You could get clubbed or hit by a ball!

Do you know why everybody gets quiet during a shot?

So they dont wake the tv spectators.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad back, can't play golf

Meet you anytime on a POOL TABLE though , er, after rolling a few up
user299140_pic1066485_1367901276.gif

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I always thought that the only way to make Golf interesting and a sport was to make it Full Contact. Imagine trying to swing a club while avoiding several line backers.

iTarzan

sports involve lots of physical activity and sweat......lots of chances of injury...they also don't allow a player as long as he or she deciedes,,,, to do what they got to do !!!!! I recommend some changes!!!!!!!...first all players carry their own golf bag and or clubs/ gear,,,,,,,second is you now have 10 seconds to swing that club and hit that ball from approaching the t or you get penalized...third is after getting the ball in the hole,,, you now must run with all your gear to the next flag/hole and you will be timed.....overall time leader gets extra points..5th is if you can hit the player in front of you with the golfball while on the green ahead of you you also get bonus points....now you got a sport.......yeehaw

6th another person or persons tries to stop you from doing the first 5 things.

shithawk420

Veteran
Ya know,they say that hitting a 90+ mph fastball is the hardest thing to do over all other sports but hitting a hole in one has got to be a close second.on that note an adult watching golf must be the grown up equivelent to a baby and lullaby.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
theres a bocce ball setup not far from me ..I do pretty good...not as good as pool tho...yeehaw..I learned years back in florida from some old Italian guys...hey I had extra time while selling weed by the beach...

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran

I dunno, sounds like it could seriously interfere with my post-drive doob while cruising in the EZ-go, beer in hand :biggrin:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I come from a time when ketamine was not scheduled so needless to say I never had to learn to play golf.

I never golfed, seems a bit like outdoor standup ground pool, a bit too structured and underwhelming. If I am going to play sports with a stick I will fish or play hockey.

Green Squall

theres a bocce ball setup not far from me ..I do pretty good...not as good as pool tho...yeehaw..I learned years back in florida from some old Italian guys...hey I had extra time while selling weed by the beach...

We have a bocce court too but I've always preferred playing in an empty park or something like that.

ime.....the people who usually don't like golf are the ones who spin in a circle and miss when they tried to hit the ball....just sayin....like whiffing in tee-ball embarressing

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
actually I am pretty good at golf ..I once belonged to a pga course club in pa...we got kicked out eventually for raising hell..golf sucks ass and I only went cause my buddies convinced me ...the next year I bagged a deer on the green..nice one too...left a nice blood spot....yeehaw

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There are only three real sports. Auto racing, rock climbing, and bull fighting. The rest are games.

I play golf. We get baked and hammered, beer a hole and certainly do not walk. Carts all the way. Never gotten a hole in one. 2" was closest I have come.

We were puffing a blunt of hash out there and an old dude drives up and says we smell a little ropey. Uh ok well head the fuck out champ, mind your own business. He left. We then saw him at the clubhouse getting a drink and the bartender girl says, anything else Judge? Doh!

WelderDan

Veteran
Golf isn't a game or a sport, it's an addiction. Everyone I know that took up golf can't quit. They dump money on better drivers and putters, and lessons. And they try to hook you too. "Hey, come play golf with me." Like coke dealers, "Here try a line, you'll like it." The next thing you know, you're digging in your pocket...

7thson

Golfed once in the late seventies.Pared half the course(18 holes)I never played before.Didn't do good with the drivers,so I just stuck with the irons.

I had a good time,but was high the whole time,so I'm sure the weed put a nice spin on it.Sometimes you just have to do things sober to really see if you like it.

I still want to try golf but I'm waiting till I get older(60's) Just not that interested right now.

Latest posts

Latest posts