What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmin' Without Harmin'

growingcrazy

picture.php

f

Granger2

Veteran
Gonna have any livestock? Looks like you'll have some pretty good grazing this Spring. How are the fences? Looks like you could buy a few scrawny calves, and let 'em graze till fall, then sell them for a short term lump sum. I'm on board. Good luck. -granger

coldcanna

Veteran
Your story sounds like mine man, a few years ago was living the high life in the city and something didn't feel right. My better half and I moved over 2000 miles to buy an old cabin with 40 acres. It is fun, peaceful, beautiful, and sometimes terrible, but at the end of the day wouldn't trade it for anything. Old homes and rural living can wear you to a nub, it can be frustrating, learn to laugh at the problems and lean on your loved one is my advice. Best of luck to you, feel free to PM if you ever need advice on the old house bit!

djimb

Veteran
I'm in. I want to end up on a farm myself. Hope you're making it through the winter alright.