Oh hey, I think I'll revive this thread now. I got a good amount of headway on this cross, so I'll get an update going.
Those clones finally took off, and I managed to pollinate my female Northern Lights with our super stretchy male Citrus Sap. You can see him stretching over my little NL clone here. I loved the violet and light green colors he was showing!
Eventually I pulled all the seeds out of this lady, and managed to make about 100 of them. Plenty to start off with on my micro scale.
So after a few cycles I Decided to pop a few beans. I picked 4. 2 ended up being male, one of which was a bit of a runt. The other male I saved until I had a mite infestation on my veg room and had to gut the whole thing. Flower room was affected very minimally, so I was able to finish off my two NLxCS plants fine. They ended up being very similar in growth style and production. The only difference was female A smelled a lot more citrus-y, whereas female B had more of an earthy, hashy smell. Not undesirable, but I really wanted to work with that citrus funk that's stuck in the Tangie genetics, and to a lesser extent, the Northern Lights.
Here's a pic of the two girls at chop time. Grown under 3x 14w LED in 32oz containers. They each produced about 12g when dried, which I'd say is pretty good considering the size. I had a clone of the Northern Lights in there as well, and she pushed out a whopping 14.5g! So these ladies aren't quite as hearty, but maybe it was just this run.
Either way, F-A smelled much better than F-B. They both smoked great and had a solid hybrid high to them. Not too racey, not too stoney, but definitely a lot in the body. Great for anxiety. Both F-A and F-B stopped my cold sweats in seconds on more than one occasion!
I saved a clone of F-A and have made a few more cuttings from that, so I'll be growing it out again next cycle. She clones really well, which suggests for propagation purposes she's a winner!
I'll pop a few more beans, too, and maybe I'll find a different pheno that I like better, but doing all of this in ~1 square foot is difficult to say the least! Lots of patience required.
And lastly, here's a cured nug of NLxCS F-A...
I'll post back here when I get another run at this plant.