What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hitting 2+ gpw going for more (Ace, Bog, GHS)

Dr.King

Veteran
First off I would like to greet everyone that comes in and say hope things are going good. Running 2, 5' x 5' x 7' rooms with a 400 watt HPS system in each room. Since I chose more room area to cover then a smaller space with higher watts I run full scrog. Great idea for the most coverage of just tops alone. Since I use the double screen method I veg till they are atleast 2 feet above the beginning screen. The second screen is about 16 inches above the first one, helping and holding in place all of my nicely screened branches. This will be my method from now on as this was my first time double screening. Poorly done in my opinion but I can only get better from here on out yield wise.

This run was 3/4th of a room fill with my keeper Chemdog under her 400. Only managed to get two clones into veg instead of the 4 I was aiming for. This next run will be 4 in each room for sure. Before I go into the next run. The last 1/4th of the Chemdog tent was fill with 6 yogi cups I enjoyed doing during the Fall Yogi cup contest. 2 turned out to be males after I thought I saw preflowers but I guess that was in my brain lol. Bogbubble and GDP turned out to be the males but got females going now, more on that later during next run. The other 4 consisted of Ghost Train Haze #1 fem, G13 White Widow fem, G13 Double Black fem and Ace's Bubba Kush x Hash Plant fem.

GTH #1 pulled early, 18 grams. G13 White Widow yielded 46 grams. G13 Double Black yielded 27 grams. Ace's BK x HP yielded 29 grams. 4.28 oz total from the cups which is good.

This run I added the second screen in way to late so it was hard getting the colas through the screen like I wanted. Next run they will all grow through the screen instead of me adding it to the top late in flowering. Plus they will be screened higher up and more uniform for a easier second chop. The bottom buds really do swell up after removing almost all the top colas, the screen and a lot of leafs. The first pull consisted of 85 beautiful tops, weighting in over 8 oz's, 241 grams. Pulled them week 11. After removing the second screen and tons of leafs I let her go another week. The second pull consisted of only removing the rest of one single plant, week 12. That side yielded just over 7 oz's, 209 grams. Let the left side go another week or so which got pulled day 94. That side also got 3 days in the complete darkness. The left side ended up yielding over 8 oz's, 233 grams. 803 grams total. Still need to make a ton of Chemdog hash. Last dry ice run with 6 oz's I got 4.7 grams of hash. Hoping for a oz of hash but I doubt it haha. Will add plenty of photos, they are also all in my Album section. I use Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect sensi A + B Combo. Only use voodoo juice in veg extra with superthrive. Flowering I add Bug Ignite, Big Bud, Overdrive and Carboload. Cost is crazy cheap to yield me so much quality bud. 50 bucks in veg lasts me a year, 150 in flowering last me a year. $200 total for atleast 3-4 runs a year. 4 pds a run is 14-16 pds a year. 2500-3000 a pd, I cut people big breaks on prices. I just love doing this. Easy to do the math but I am hoping to hit over 3 gpw this go.

This up coming run, currently in veg has a gorgeous female BogBubble. One room will have 3 Chemdogs and the BogBubble. The other will have 3 Ace Zamaldelicas and my super sour Ghost train haze pheno. Just dropped 3 new ones I intend to try after the Chem is finished. Ace's Purple haze x Malawi and Panama Haze. Dubi told me to try these out and they would set me straight Sativa wise. He has let to lie to me so I trust him without question. Also popped 2 Red Afro's from Tropical seeds as I've heard they are stellar genetics. Pure red buds mixed with Swazi genetics, can't wait.

85 Top colas (give or take a few)

r1K33dK.jpg

NH3R2vh.jpg

2 month cure so far on the tops.

XApSVft.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
5 weeks in veg before flip. Great having clones that are ready to be moved.

z3tDhjU.jpg

wtCte2W.jpg

First weeks of flowering, 1-3.

pMY4TNy.jpg

2EsCb7V.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Flowering weeks 4-7.

BY9fh5c.jpg

vPGaweh.jpg

7nABTLg.jpg

Flowering weeks 8-11. Sucks I only have a week 8 photo and not ones of week 9, 10, 11 and before the first top harvest. I was dealing with health issues and was basically bedridden for a month. Luckily I have help and they really got me through it. Week 8 I added the second screen and then on out couldn't really do anything for a deal of time. Took a sample cut week 11.

i8RYiZ5.jpg

EKXXqp9.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
After harvesting most of the top colas and removing the second screen.

BoGfD4Y.jpg

sBLe1aV.jpg

One of the many colas I missed during the first harvest.

5vrQP6o.jpg

After chopping the rest of the right side.

XAasSuA.jpg

6 month cured Ace seeds Zamaldelica for fun.

DlXtqk6.jpg

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Nice to see, thanks for the share :)

Def love the screens, and I know what ya mean about pain for the second screen so late. I only went with one screen, and I could of used another. Tied a few tops up, but man is it a pain in there lols. Def 2 screens next time. You do have me thinking of doing the double chop next time though. At week 2 or 3, I went in and cut all the stuff out thats in your your second harvest in hopes of making my tops larger. That it was crazy full. But as a result, less stuff in there made my tops tip over and I then had to tie them up....

...2 screens and a double harvest, def doing the second screen next time for support, and am still 50/50 on the double harvest...Nice weight though that you got, I was only shooting for 1gpw under my 1000w screen with 6 plants each in a 10 gal pot...

keep it up, like to see above 2gpw for sure

Top.Shelf

Nice work! I need to let the lower buds run longer in my grow as they're packed in and the 600 is not penetrating the lower stuff well enough. You have smashed it yield wise. I'm surprised you haven't had more comments on this thread.

To put your numbers into some perspective, it took you 18 weeks - 5 veg and 13 bloom to get 2gpw. This is what SOG growers would achieve in the same time 2 x 9 week harvests packed tables with no veg time 1gpw each grow. If said sogger were also using a 400w lamp your yields would be equal.

Of course not everybody wants to run high numbers and can be assed taking and maintaining the high amount of clones necessary for a true sog (little to no veg time). So this is a great alternative way to do it.

Nice post bro :tiphat: looking forward to seeing your next run!

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks everyone. I really do try my best to keep my girls happy. The BogBubble female I got is looking better and better every day :biggrin:.

Latest posts

Latest posts