What's new

anyone tried these bags??

hey guys/gals...

i wanted to know if anyone on here has tried out these bags??
http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Bubble_Hash_Bags__200g.cfm?iProductID=2197

i have just went and ordered these earlier on today, i really wanted to get proper "bubble bags" but i dont have an aweful lot of money and the cheapest set of bubble bags i could find was £79.95 for the smallest 7 bag set... this 3 bag set only costs £35..

im not really after the purest bubble... i just want some nice hash... not fussed if it doesnt bubble when burnt really...

do u think that these will get the job done for me???

any comments is appreciated folks...

thanx in advance

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Blunted,,, :wave:

Bags is bags,,, generally speaking the thicker the material they are made from the better they work in the bucket.

Be sure to use more ice than water.

The best grade bubble is made when mixed by hand with a wooden spoon IMO.

check out the Bubbleman's tips at the 'Melting Point' on this link:

www.urbangrower.com

happy bubbling :dance:
peace dLeaf :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't forget to check out the Bubbleman in Jamaica also,,, he has what we'd call a grasp on him erb, roots n culture man. he spreads the message, no-one gets hurt and we have twice the fun. a true-canna-activist, if there ever was one :yes: jah bless him :D

Gypsy also gets a big thumbs-up on this note. educational awareness is thin on the ground these days,, food for the mind is always good in ICmag dvd's :yes:

peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
thanks for the comments doc...

i got the bags today.. but im so fucking confused its not even funny!!!

they came delivered with absolutely no instructions at all...

i have 1 red bag which is thicker material than the others..
then i have a light sky blue bag, and a yellow bag...

the light blue one has a label inside that says 1...

and the yellow bag has a tab in it that says 3... and the red bag has nothing at all...

i presume with the red bag being the thickest that it is the first to go into the bucket... but as for the other 2 bags i have no idea which goes in first???

like i said the blue one has a tab stitched in it that says one... and the yellow bag says 3?!?!?!

i really dont know what to do here... im so frustrated with this... i thought there would have been an instruction manual at least telling u which order to put the bags in!!!

oh.. and the red one is the smallest sized bag then the blue one is the biggest followed by the yellow bag... ive tried looking at the mesh screens but they are so fine that i cant tell which has smallest holes...

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok dude, don't panic.

first off. phone the jerks that sold you the bags and ask which bag is which... (tell them dL says they are "tossers"... lol)

second. is there an associated website or info. number to call? call them and give them hell!

third. you can run plain clean water threw them to test the gage. the quicker the bigger gage, the slower the finer the mesh :wink:

We'd be thinking that:

the red bag is for the trim,
the blue bag grade 1 (rough),
and the yellow bag grade 3 (finer),,, clear-dome stuff :dance:

without seeing them eye to mesh, we cannt be sure.

just be certain to run the waste water back through the bags, until you get used to the gages... we've mixed up isolator bags before and quickly learnt what fools we were... pon ya learn ya grow n all that... most important of all, enjoy and have fun... trichome exploration is an amazing part of popular cannabis culture... jah bless sativa3000 n max lumens for the crash-course in trash resin making :yes:

happy bubbling :D
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
well... things didnt go to well.. i found out the bag arrangement myself... i used my microscope and viewed each screen at 100x magnification, and the red bag had the smallest mesh so that went in first... then the blue bag 2nd, and finally the yellow one was the trim bag...

for my first attempt i was a bit wary incase i fucked it up, so i just used 50 grammes of trim and popcorn buds..

i really dont know what the expected yields are from doing this but all i can say is... after all the time and effort i spent trying to get this for what i got out of it in the end was really not worth the hassles...

seriously i got about .3 of a gramme at the very most... i thought i would have got more than this from 50 grammes of top quality trim(only the small bud leaves that are covered in trichs went in) and popcorn buds...

another thing i have found at least 3 little bits of the red bag in the extraction to... these bags are a total waste of money... i wish that i had only kept the £35 and waited until i coulda got a set of bubblemans bags...

thanx for all ur tips though DL.. it is much appreciated...

::edit::

but boy does this shit rock ur head!!!

wow!!!!!! :bat:

Last edited:
nah ebb... thats not the order of these cheap and nasty things i got,..

the red definetely hash the smallest size mesh,, then the sky blue bag,,, and then the yellow bag is the one with the biggest holes...

i wish i just kept the money to put towards real bubble bags... i will try these bags out once more after my upcoming crop is ready to be harvested... and if i still get poor results then they will be getting cut up and thrown in the bin!!

Keefhead

Heck, sell 'em on eBay. Just sell 'em as pollen collecting bags. I've seen it done several times.

Good luck.

good idea keefhead!!

though it appears that i used the bags in the wrong order... or so the guy from the website i got them from has told me...

im really annoyed because i went and chucked all the material in the bin because i thought that i had removed everything...

the way that i found out the order of the bags was by looking at the screens with a microscope, and i presumed that the screen that had the most amount of holes in the area that i could see was the smallest screen, and the one that had the least amount of holes i presumed was the one with the largest screen...

but the guy tells me that the first bag to go into the bucket is the yellow bag, which is the bag that i thought had the largest holes, and was the one that i used for putting the trim into!!!

i totally fucked this up big style... i should have just been patient and waited for the dude from the site to reply first before i went and tried to use them...

surely though that if u look at a bunch of different sized mesh screens under a microscope, i would have thought that the screen that had the most amount of holes in the area that can be seen under the scope would be the screen with the smallest holes, and the one with the least amount of holes in the area would be the screen with the largest holes... right???

if the above is correct then i definetely had the bags in the correct order because it was blatantly obvious looking at the screens under the scope which had the most amount of holes and which had the least...

this is what i get for buying cheap shitty products i guess...

Last edited:
lol shit happens!!

im not caring to much about it now... u learn from your mistakes right??

im savin my pennies to get a set of bubblemans 7bag set... its gotta be done... all of you guys beautiful pictures on here is what makes me so eager to get some real bags...

oh and docleaf i must thank u for that urban grower link... it wasnt working on my firefox to start with but i got it sorted out now...

theres some really good information and some truely beautiful grows to be seen as well... thanks a lot for that doc!!

::edit::

docleaf...

ive just noticed that with my bags each one of them has a different thickness of screen... does each screen get thinner as the holes get larger on the bags??

Last edited:

Keefhead

Just a couple of thoughts here from a rambling stoned old fart. :wave:

When you order from FreshHeadies online, you check the medical box, and you must email an attachment copy, or fax them a copy, of your doctors papers. But it gets you a very nice discount. Thanks to Bman for that.

You might consider the 8-bag set. It adds the 90 bag. Very useful for finer grading. There's a clone out there that offers the same screen sizes as bman, but adds 100 to the mix, so you can see how important this area has become. I bought the upgrade once I saw what it did. But I have to admit, I haven't used it yet, due to lack of material. :badday:

Another comment - beautiful hash pictures come after experienced and gifted hands have made it so. You've looked around and seen all the great hash shots. They came from gifted hash makers, and "we" (including me for sure) have much to learn from them. So listen up, read and read again, and learn as much as you can. Then get in there and do it. Don't fear mistakes, they are the hemorrhoids of life. We all got to deal with them sooner or later.

A few tips when you use the Bubblebags.

1. USE MORE ICE. Sorry for yelling, but I wanted to get the point across. And the smaller the pieces the better. The little bar-size cubes are ideal.

2. Stir, without breaking a sweat, with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes, no more, no less. Let it settle for 30 minutes. Once you've done it this way, try any variation you wish and see what better works for you. Just don't fall for the "harder stirring is better" school, or the "grind it up first" school.

3. If you can, make the ice from RO water, and use RO water in the rinse. Distilled water is a close second. And if you must use tap water, put a chlorine filter on it. Most every hardware store sells them in the plumbing section. Ask for help. Oh, did I mention, they're cheap.

4. About drying it. There are many schools of thought on it, you just have to read around and decide which one is right in your eyes. Use your head. Remember that your focus is quality, and extra time here is well spent. :joint: Me, I prefer bman's method, running it through a sieve within minutes of pressing, yielding a powder that dries overnight. "Handles" well when putting it into a screened bowl, or rolled into a joint to give it an added "zing". It does, however, benefit from a cure, as does most hash.

So sell them bad bag clones on eBay, save your pennies, and get the genuine article.

JMHO, an' ah'm a stickin' to it.

thanks for the tips keefhead..

i will most defenetly be gettin rid of these POS bags and putting the money toward some real ones...

R

Ronley

Keefhead said:
2. Stir, without breaking a sweat, with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes, no more, no less. Let it settle for 30 minutes. Once you've done it this way, try any variation you wish and see what better works for you. Just don't fall for the "harder stirring is better" school, or the "grind it up first" school.

Hi Keefhead,
Thanks for your reccomendations.
You reccommend to stir for 5 min and then wait fior 30 min for it all to settle.
Thats it?
I can then lift out the bags?

Keefhead

Ronley - that's it exactly. Seems like not enough stirring, but this first run is to try to capture only the very best.

After a good stir and settle, lift out the bags (one at a time) and stretch them over a bowl. This takes some practice. Keep a water spray bottle handy to wash down the trichs into the center of the screen, or use the sink spray wand if you have one.

Use a spoon, or credit card, to scrape up the lovely goodness on the screen, and dump it onto the pressing screen.

Press most of the water out, and then powder it with a metal screen kitchen sieve and put it on cardboard for a few days to really dry out.

Don't forget to do a second and third run. Use an electric beater but only run for 5-10 minutes at the most, again with a half hour settle. This run will usually be greener, but good smoke anyway. Goes well in a joint.

Finally, take the leftover plant matter, put it in a crock pot, and simmer it for a few hours with some european high-butterfat butter, strain the junk out with a sieve, chill it, remove the butter, and you've got some pot butter. (That's a quick summary.) Yummm.

Some people also make BHO with it, but I find there's not enough trichs left to make it worth while.

Anyway, that's how I (usually) do it, and it works well for me.

great tips keefhead... i will definetely try these methods when my current grow is ready to be harvested... its gonna be a while yet coz my plants are still in veg atm...

but by the time they are to be harvested i will have a real set of bags, so i can get to making some serious bubble!!!

one other thing KH... what do u prefer to use when making bubblehash... fresh frozen trim or dry frozen trim??

i read somewhere that it doesnt matter which is used, and then ive read stuff from other places which says its better to use fresh frozen material because u get less contaminant in ur extractions compared to useing dried trim/bud...

what would u say is the best???

thanx again keef, u been really helpful man..