What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer - Soil Grow 1 - GastroGrower

GastroGrower

I've always enjoyed reading through grow diaries and have picked up a substantial amount of useful information over the years. I thought this would be a great location to share some of my experiences and the things I've encountered, as well as benefit from the knowledge of the great people on this forum.

This diary will follow the grow of a beautiful Jack Herer plant. I obtained a clone from a local market and vegged it out for a couple weeks in a General Hydroponics Waterfarm. I took several clones and placed them in an aeroponic cloner for two weeks before transplanting the strongest one to soil. I'm just now in the beginning phase of my second run ever so please be gentle with your criticism. :huggg: Here are the basic specs on what I'm using.

Veg Tent - 350 Watt CFL
Flower Tent - 600 Equivalent Watt LED (300 Watts pulled from power source)

Soil: Clone in FF Happy Frog, Flowered in local organic soil
Nutrients:
Pure Blend Pro Grow and Bloom (for soil)
CalMag
Molasses
Natures Nectar N,P,K as additives if needed

Water: RO - pH to 6.3 - 6.7

Mother Plant (img. 1)

Mother Plant (img. 2)

Clone after being transplanted into a solo cup with FF Happy Frog Soil.

Moved to a 2.5 Gallon Pot

Nutrient issues I'm having trouble with. I've flushed it twice but I'm still seeing what appears to me to be a nitrogen deficiency. I fed with a small amount of Nature's Nectar nitrogen and CalMag and it appears to have slowed slightly. Any suggestions on what may be causing this?

Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 7

GastroGrower

Week 3 Update

Week 3 Update

Time for an update! It's been almost 3 weeks since I moved this plant into my bloom tent which means it is finishing up it's transition into the flowering phase. It stretched a good deal the first week and a half but seems to have settled pretty well. Pistil formation is really starting to be visible as can be seen in some of the images attached. The plant was fed once a week (on Saturdays) with the following values in addition to light watering with RO water when needed.

Week 1 - Grow: 10 ml, Bloom: 10 ml, CalMag: 5 ml, pH: 6.4, PPM: 1090
(The extra nitrogen from the grow nutes this week was absolutely necessary once I saw how much this strain stretched.)

Week 2 - Grow: 5 ml, Bloom: 15 ml, CalMag: 5 ml, Molasses: 2 ml, pH: 6.5, PPM: 996

Week 3 (due in a few days) - Grow: 0 ml, Bloom: 20 ml, CalMag: 5 ml, Molasses 2 ml

I am planning on incorporating some kind of silica product to help strengthen up the stalk since it's so tall and thin. Leaning towards Botanicare's Silica Blast, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'll try to post updates at least once a week from now to help visualize bud development.

Thanks for checking my grow out!

Attachments

• DSC_0225.jpg
    DSC_0225.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0222.jpg
    DSC_0222.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0223.jpg
    DSC_0223.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0215.jpg
    DSC_0215.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 8

mfdoo0mm

Hey man, thanks for stopping by my thread. Thought I'd mosey over here!

Looking good! Keep practicing...and I'm always finding that more is less. :)

Crazy stretch, looks like the blueberry i have in the garden lol. Any raising of the light and it fucking pounces up like a hungry tiger. Hehe. Had to bend her the fuck over, and she still tells me, "fuck you!" and slips out of the tie-downs grasp..lol

GastroGrower

Week 6 Update

Week 6 Update

The main cola is developing nicely on this plant. I've got a couple larger plants in my tent that I need to trim back as this girl is having trouble getting enough light.

Attachments

• IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5277.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5278.jpg
    IMG_5278.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5280.jpg
    IMG_5280.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 13
Looking good. I will be following along. I just germed 3 Jack Herer seeds. Not sure 1 is going to make it. So hopefully I get a decent mother out of the other two! Keep up the good work!

GastroGrower

Hey, man - thanks for stopping by! Good choice. Once of my all time favorite strains. Would be cool to see a comparison once you get to harvest.

GastroGrower

Harvest!

Harvest!

I checked this little test plant today and trics were around 50% cloudy/50% amber. Went ahead and chopped her down and trimmed it up. Ended up with a little over 10 grams before it's dried.

This was a great way to test this strain out and I'm glad I've held onto it. Beautiful smell, tremendous growth when you can get it enough light and nutrients, and very good at fending off PM. I'm excited to get it dried and cured up so I can taste test it!

GastroGrower

Thank you - I've got two of these Jack Herers and a Mendocino Purp in my bloom tent and an Alien on Moonshine and Original Headband about to join in a few weeks. I also have a Purple Diesel mother that I just cloned yesterday which I have not grown out yet - but am suuupppeerrr pumped to see how it produces.