What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

saving trim

juicyblunts

I have trim that I want to keep until my bubblebags arrive (1-2 weeks)...what is the best way to store my leaves...should I chop them up now?

Last edited:

l_d_d

Make sure they are dry first then put them in a box or a bag.... and if theres room put in the freezer. I prefer cardboard boxes and brown paper bags but have also used plastic ones, both grocery store bags and ziplocks will work.

MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRY FIRST or they will mold...

bubbleman

Veteran
well not to tell you the exact opposite of what l d d just did, but you can actualy freeze your material fresh, ie wet. So you dont actualy have to dry it unless you dont have refrigeration for it. Otherwise yes dry it very well.
if you have the freezer space, then just throw it into the freezer, this will keep your volatile terpenes from evaporating off in the drying process. and truly they are tasty oils, why let them evaporate out into the air.

peace
bubble man

l_d_d

Whats up BM.

Sweet, I did not know that, or maybe I did lol.

I dont usually have room until the night before to put in the freezer, so I have to dry and store first. I cant stand when they mold cause it will happen.

thanks BM, in the future if I have room ill remember that. i think I have seen or read that from you before.... straight to the freezer bit.

R

Ronley

If you put it into a plastic bag and then try and compact the plastic bag into as small as possible, It should not take up that much room?
Well I suppose it depends on the amount of trim you have? A lot of trim will always take up room...

Last edited:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
bag it up in small plastic bags as tight as possible label the variety. and freeze them, I never bother drying my trim. It is too much work for very little gain (and I feel actually a loss).