What's new

ProMix BX synthetic nute advice ?

Bwanabud

I'm hoping by starting a new ProMix thread, we can all learn new techniques and help each other make sense of the sterile world of soil-less media. Some other threads are very long, and may stop members from jumping on board for discussion.

I've been using PM HP for a long time, and had some serious deficiency issues, after some amazing advice on feeding from member UsualSuspect,,,I seem to be back on track :woohoo:

Questions please:
1)I'm straight synthetic base nutes(GH 3 part), and would like some advice on simple base brands ?,,,2 part + CalMag would be great. Any additional additives in late bloom are welcome too, but I'd like to get away from the GH series.
2) Since I'm straight synthetic, shouldn't my soil mix just remain BX+Perlite...and not include Worm casings or any organic additives ?

I mainly grow Indica hybrids, perfect room conditions, HPS 600w lites, 5 gallon pots, Scrog all plants....based in the US

Thanks in advance to all :)

Last edited:

KONY

Veteran
PBP + promix is tried n true method that works very well. Add some wormcastings and bit of extra perlite into the mix before you plant and you will be good.

Only need ca/mg if you are using RO

S

sourpuss

Floralicious gotta try it. Once a week makes a big difference... think it was just half a ml per litre i was using...

Bwanabud

Appreciate the advice gents,

PBP + promix is tried n true method that works very well. Add some wormcastings and bit of extra perlite into the mix before you plant and you will be good.

Only need ca/mg if you are using RO

I'm afraid I don't know what PBP is ?...and you still use worm casings when fully synthetic ?...I can't get my head around that.

Floralicious gotta try it. Once a week makes a big difference... think it was just half a ml per litre i was using...

Floralicious as the only nute/base ?,,,or along with others please ?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Pure blend pro. Its botanicare nutrients. I run promix bx with pureblend pro and have some very good results.plants in the pic at 33 days.

Last edited:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
wow PBP + Promix Bx looks really promising. the base nutes look simple enough with lots of room to play with boosters. im really interested in this and the question about adding organic matter to a hydro medium. i have a feeling with all the myco and what else is in the BX, with some EWC and kelp meal mixed in, one would have some pretty health root action going on. next grow is going to be all about the roots first. makes sense to me.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
i use it too

i use it too

what do you notice about using this stuff? i was given some, so i use it lightly, seems good...

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
The strain is gg4x fire cookies. Pbp is hydroorganic. Its water soluble and isnt as synthetic as gh. Its very simple to use since its a grow/bloom formula plus whatever booster you want to use. I use liquid karma and pbp grow in veg and have very nice root systems by the time i go from my 1g to 5g smartpots.

Bwanabud

The strain is gg4x fire cookies. Pbp is hydroorganic. Its water soluble and isnt as synthetic as gh. Its very simple to use since its a grow/bloom formula plus whatever booster you want to use. I use liquid karma and pbp grow in veg and have very nice root systems by the time i go from my 1g to 5g smartpots.

Great info, so you'd suggest that I switch over to an organic base,,,and boosters, thus the worm casings are worth adding ?

PS:I spend a lot of time in the cornfields of the mid-west every year, heart land of the country :tiphat:

Bwanabud

I used EWC and horse manure inside, when I used to be organic...no problems, except bugs if the horse manure wasn't cooked/sterilized.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Im 100% indoor as well. Hydro and promix. Never added worm castings before. Pbp has enough in it for my plants. Im just saying what works for me. If you want to switch, thats up to you. I just know that ive ran numerous 3 part nutes and settled on pbp.

S

sourpuss

Hey bro use your 3 part gh along with the once a week treatment of floralicious... thats the perfect recipe imo... its quite a low dose pretty sure half a ml per litre or gallon... im thinking litre... stop 2 weeks from harvest with the floralicious... been too long since ive been grownin things start to get lost in my mind haha...

Oh and to the guy whos used a lot of 3 parts and settled with pbp. Ive used pbp and liked it a lot. Gh for me but considering the skills i had when i used pbp and the results id like to give it a run sometime again...

Bwanabud

I'm confused, please enlighten me.

If I use GH 3 part(really only use 2 part Micro & bloom in flower), then it's a synthetic grow(ProMix basically an inert media), everything that I've read say's GH synthetics kill the microbe herd,,,but the Floralicious is an organic based supplement ?

"Floralicious® is an organic based bio plant enhancer made from a highly concentrated blend of plant, seaweed and mineral extracts."

Shouldn't I avoid a hybrid(synthetic/organic)growing style, or am I missing something....or just stupid ?..feel free to be honest :)

PS:I'm not arguing anyones advice or success, just trying to understand the science/method of it.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I agree with Sturgeongeneral on this, PBP from Botanicare is one of the best nutrient lines out there. It is very easy to use and gives you fantastic results.

-Funk

chronosync

Well-stoned member
fungi are an amazing branch. ive been reading about mycorrhizal fungi and the symbiotic relationship they have. the only reason i thought about using promix is because of their bx and other fungi related products. im pretty sure mycs would be OK in something like peat or coco. i also wouldnt doubt if they did well in water culture.

since ive already done the work today (plant research day. everyday.) heres a few links i found helpful.

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/...ngi-in-hydroponics-questions-and-answers.aspx

and why im so confident in fungi inhabiting a harsh grow environment.
Paul Stamets is truly a Legendary Mycologist.

Bioremediation with Fungi
Oysters on Diesel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BelfLIJErek