What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Dank Chamber - (Outdoor and Indoor Grows)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
This is the place to follow my grows from now on. I grow indoor, outdoor, greenhouse, soil, hydro, photos, and autos. I also like crossing strains. I grow mostly organic from organic amendments but have done chemical and hybrid grows in the past. I like all of the methods when done right with killer genetics. Now that I can grow herb I want to explore as many premium genetics as possible. Let's do this!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Let's get this thread up to date!

So, right now I have a small indoor setup going that's all mine. The room is 6x7' with two 400w HPS. Its an organic amendment grow using ACT's. I'll go into details on the stuff I give them later since there's a lot of stuff. For now let's look at the lineup:

Gorilla Glue #4
Old Times Indiana Bubblegum
Killer kush (fast version) x2
Bruce banner #3
Candy land
Mick Jagger #22
Mick Jagger #29

Mick Jagger is a cross me and my buddy produced. We think its jack the ripper x Casey Jones. I pheno hunted 20 seeds and 2 phenos were leaps and bounds superior to the others. They are super stinky and frosty. Good stone too :)

picture.php

So that's it for now. I also have some other grow partnerships to report on as well. Some very nice varieties going there! Come back again now ya hear!?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I put the girls into flowering a few days ago. Wish me luck!

I have 8 types of pollen I'm going to use on these girls. I'll hit a branch on each.

The pollen types:
SS1-99 - (Sleestack x Skunk#1) x C99
PDD - Purple Urkle x Chemdog DD
Og/Aff - Og x Aff X SFV 2.0
ASD - Amherst Sour Diesel x SFV 2.0
AG - Alien Gift (dogstars)
Sour Bubble
3D x2
Qrazy Train

*I have 2 doses of 3D pollen
*PDD has nice colours, but Chemdog shines through
*the ASD and OG/Aff lean strongly towards the SFV
*Alien Gift is very strong & sweet smelling, loaded with resin...

These are the combinations im thinking right now but im still deciding, insight welcomed:

mick jagger #22 x og/aff
mick jagger #29 x ss1-99
gorilla glue x pdd and 3D
bruce banner x ASD
candyland x sour bubble
indiana bubblegum x alien gift
Killer Kush #1 x 3D
Killer Kush #2 x qrazy train

Take a look at these girls:

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm thinking of switching the gg4 cross to sour bubble and candy land to pdd.

NUTRIENTS:
Foxfarm ocean forest soil
General organic calmag
High phos guano
Kelp meal
Soluble kelp
Fulvic and humic acid
Molasses
Hydrolized fish
K-mag
Beneficial fungi powder

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I watch along some. Does the PDD taste like Chem D with Purple Urkle color or flavor?

i couldnt exactly say cause i havent ever had chem d.. nor dd..
but from the info i found chem d has a unique smell.. not the nicest from what i gather...
deff not sweet or fruity.. rather more sour and pukey haha
its deff a great cross and has mad bag appeal
pollinates very well

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Sub'd Hope you do well. How long is your pollen good for? Storage method?

Not sure exactly. I heard maybe a year without freezing it. I'm not freezing mine since I'm using it within a year. I have mine in a cool, dry, dark place. I store some pollen in small vile type containers and some in envelopes.

On another note I'm gonna share my current tea recipe.

EARLY FLOWERING TEA RECIPE:
High phos guano - 1tbsp a gal
Kelp meal - 1tbsp a gal
Soluble kelp - 1/4 tsp a gal
Fulvix - humic and fulvic blend - 1/4 tsp a gal
Molasses - 1tbsp a gal
Beneficial fungi powder - 1/4 tsp a gal

Im running this recipe for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering. Note that I add the Beneficial fungi powder to the tea right before watering the plants with it.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
So the only difference with the other teas I'm using this run is I replace high phos guano with hydrolized fish for nitrogen during veg. After the fourth week I remove guano and just rely on the kelp and molasses as sources of potassium for the remainder of the flowering phase. Ever notice weed plants like NPK in that order throughout the grow?

One other thing Ill do this grow is top layer a tablespoon of some 0-0-22 organic K-mag around week 4 of flowering. Gives the plants plenty of potassium.

Also, I water with calmag every watering. I'll water with tea every watering too if its available. I like to use foliar sprays too but I'll get into that another time.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm thinking I'm gonna layer each plant with some more mineral sources like glacial rock dust (grd) and azomite. I've focused plenty on giving them fertilizer and microbes but I feel as if I could give them more mineral diversity. Can't hurt! I'll give each plant a teaspoon of each of those mineral products. They are both rock byproducts.

Here are a couple pics of the garden:

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
So the only difference with the other teas I'm using this run is I replace high phos guano with hydrolized fish for nitrogen during veg. After the fourth week I remove guano and just rely on the kelp and molasses as sources of potassium for the remainder of the flowering phase. Ever notice weed plants like NPK in that order throughout the grow?

Also, I water with calmag every watering. I'll water with tea every watering too if its available. I like to use foliar sprays too but I'll get into that another time.

sounds just about right.. only thing i would play by ear is to use guano a little longer... start taking it away around end of week 5
instead of week 4, helps with yield
also a easy way to keep botrytis away is to use a silica supplement and water less once they have bulked up around week 6, reducing waterings can also help with more resin production.

for the seedrun though i would propose leaving the fish hydrolisate till around week 2 of flower and then using the guano.. keeping the guano in till at least week 6.. generaly leaving the plant to fade a little less than normaly
:tiphat:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Good idea! I have been foliaring with silica and I think its working :)

FOLIAR REGIMEN:
Liquid silica
Liquid calcium
Soluble magnesium
Soluble kelp (potassium source)

PEST/DISEASE CONTROL:
Neem oil
Green cleaner
Sns 209

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
what is green cleaner?
do you analyse your soil?
i am testing the Biotabs, you heard of them?
seems very simple, tabs in soil and just add water.. done

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
what is green cleaner?
do you analyse your soil?
i am testing the Biotabs, you heard of them?
seems very simple, tabs in soil and just add water.. done

Grean cleaner is an organic foliar spray solution for pm and mites. I'm thinking about starting to use more common products like rosemary and peppermint extract for pest control though. Never tried it though. Ever tried?

I've only ever soil tested my outdoor. I use to re-amend and re-use my soil indoors too and it worked good but now I don't use much so I just buy a bag or two of fox farm ocean forest(ffof) soil each grow. Next grow I'm considering a coco grow.

Never heard of bio tabs. Back in the day I tried the home soil testing kits. Is it like that?

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
ahh yeah green cleaner sounds good..
i have a recipe for SNS somewhere.. its simple to reproduce and cheaper to buy the essential oils, i think its clover, rosemary, peppermint and cinnamon.. would need to look it up...

Biotabs are slow release tablets you stick in the soil...
they contain a bacteria mix and organic minerals etc...
http://biotabs.nl/soil
"Not everyone can or wants to produce their own worm compost, or bokashi. In addition, the use of growing lights for indoor situations demands a lot from plants. For situations that demand a lot from plants, Biotabs has developed a special organic plant food line, based on innovation and simplicity. The line consists of super-compost with a slow-release source of organic nitrogen added to it. Biotabs also adds innovative bio-technologies, such as mycorrhiza and other soil organisms to the growing method. The use of those soil organisms makes Biotabs a particularly efficient strategy for organic growing. Biotabs has been tested extensively in the field and is already generating many very happy growers."
all you have to do is add water till week 5, no need to check ph they say... then theres a molasses supplement you add from week 5 till flush... its dead simple.. been hearing good things about it, so giving it a try

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Oh I see, they are similar to spikes. I've never used those kind but for a while I was all into using spikes, layers, and teas together. You can make your own blend easily. Just use a pencil like object to poke a hole in your soil right after transplanting and fill it with your blend. Works good.

Thanks for the sns ingredient info! I'll have to look it up. Maybe the recipe for green cleaner is available too :)

Latest posts

Latest posts