What's new

Panama

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
planted 6 of these yesterday, will prob plant the other 4 tonight as well. hoping a couple will germ
picture.php

picture.php

I've had these for like 5 years apparently. wow

DemonPigeon

Veteran
On the Phenotypes... I'm a little embarrased to say that I've somehow ended up with two unlabled plants (I had been misting with neem oil to take care of a little aphid issue and apparently the labels peeled off), one is a panama and one is a vietnam black thai, I initially suspected the *marginally* more branched on would be a vietnam, the other one the panama, only thing is the "?panama" has put out white pistils while other seeds from the same packet in a previous grows have been red, (the "?vietnam" is male, are there any visual indicators of whether a plant is panama or vietnam in their males) is there anyway to identify which is which? are both panama pheno's likely to occur in one pack?

I don't want to have to wait for the end of flowering :-/ especially as I'd ideally like an identified origin male to pollinate some "Pintura Ruderalis" I've got growing elsewhere. :-/

I

Iron_Lion

I just got 4 out of 4 females from Panama regular seeds. Im going to be flipping some of them soon when they throw some branches big enough to take cuts.

Looks like I'll have a few different pheno's to try out :joint:

Day 43 veg.

picture.php

picture.php

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Beautiful, IL! Way up at the top of my fav strains. You are headed for some seriously good medicine.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
On the Phenotypes... I'm a little embarrased to say that I've somehow ended up with two unlabled plants (I had been misting with neem oil to take care of a little aphid issue and apparently the labels peeled off), one is a panama and one is a vietnam black thai, I initially suspected the *marginally* more branched on would be a vietnam, the other one the panama, only thing is the "?panama" has put out white pistils while other seeds from the same packet in a previous grows have been red, (the "?vietnam" is male, are there any visual indicators of whether a plant is panama or vietnam in their males) is there anyway to identify which is which? are both panama pheno's likely to occur in one pack?

I don't want to have to wait for the end of flowering :-/ especially as I'd ideally like an identified origin male to pollinate some "Pintura Ruderalis" I've got growing elsewhere. :-/

My Panama's put out distinctively monstrous side branches from the bottom few nodes, the leaves are far wider than you would expect from a pure Sativa, I bet your VBT has much narrower leaves ?

Not all the Panamas put out the pink hairs, maybe half, bt that also would be a solid indicator... Good luck :) You will love these plants...

DemonPigeon

Veteran
to be honest actually the leaves are petty similar across both the panama and VBT... I might take some pics, maybe you can see it clearer than I can?

Any other tips?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I really like Panama. It has a wonderful flavor and very strong quality high. It is also very apealing to grow. People love to see the pink Pistils
picture.php

Y

YosemiteSam

untitled-0005.jpg

They turn orangish when they dry. But they are beautiful to look at while they grow.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I got 6/10 up so far. 1 or 2 more might make it. start of something good I hope
picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The taste and high remind me of red Oaxacan I got back in '79, very close. Anyone who yearns for high grade South American herb they smoked from way back when, should grow this strain.

Next time I will add uvb to an already well balanced spectrum from LED and fluorescent lights. Just running this under a hps is not optimal imo.

I

Iron_Lion

Hey, I've got kind of a weird question for Dubi or anyone that can answer.

I was wondering if there is any Neville's haze in Ace seeds panama lineage?

I was browsing the Attittude and read this in the Cannabiogen Panama description "This has been a project in the making of a new potential cannabis strain for several years now and is finally available for market! Using an IBL F4 Panama Green and infusing pollen from an early flowering IBL F4 Neville's Haze,".

I know this is for cannabiogen panama, but I am confused about how cannbiogen panama and Ace Panama are related or if they are the same thing?

I know the answer is probably buried in this thread somewhere but I don't feel like reading every page again.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
I think they are one and the same. They used to be, at least, as of my last reading, within the last twelve months...whether there's been a divergence in the meantime, I dunno but I somehow don't think so.

C

charlie garcia

Hey, I've got kind of a weird question for Dubi or anyone that can answer.

I was wondering if there is any Neville's haze in Ace seeds panama lineage?

I was browsing the Attittude and read this in the Cannabiogen Panama description "This has been a project in the making of a new potential cannabis strain for several years now and is finally available for market! Using an IBL F4 Panama Green and infusing pollen from an early flowering IBL F4 Neville's Haze,".

I know this is for cannabiogen panama, but I am confused about how cannbiogen panama and Ace Panama are related or if they are the same thing?

I know the answer is probably buried in this thread somewhere but I don't feel like reading every page again.

Amazing description LOL totally wrong and invented :( maybe they think sounds more commercial adding Nevilles instead?
Ive used just and only 3 panamanian lines and bred line to present stage. Most of this is been described and illustrated in this pages
ACE and CBG uses same seed lots of Panama all from the original CBG stocks
best
kaiki

wingdings

Veteran
Its the '74 Panama Red, a newer generation green Panama, and a Colombian red point if my memory serves me correctly. My first panamas are coming down this week I'm very excited to experience this historic smoke!
Edit: Charlie beat me to it thanks for chiming in :)

I

Iron_Lion

Amazing description LOL totally wrong and invented :( maybe they think sounds more commercial adding Nevilles instead?
Ive used just and only 3 panamanian lines and bred line to present stage. Most of this is been described and illustrated in this pages
ACE and CBG uses same seed lots of Panama all from the original CBG stocks
best
kaiki

Hey Charlie, thanks for the prompt response.

That's actually what I thought but they I read that over at the attitude and was totally confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It does now.... LOL

It does now.... LOL

I grew 4 large Panama girls and a couple males this year. I crossed each one to everything, Including Nevilles Haze. Actually 3 different Nevilles Haze crosses, He sent me. I also grew Kush, Indica, and other Sativas. I made 101 crosses this year, several were with Panama. Real nice smoke.

DP

Latest posts

Latest posts