What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sovran Fungicide application

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
This fungicide is from basf chemical corp, has "preventative" and "curative" action against powdery mildew, downy mildew, scale, and botrytis. I've invested in a bottle to use as a systemic clone treatment for incoming clones, and to be used either on mother plants as a spray, or on freshly rooted cuts as a whole plant dip. The only instructions on the pdf I downloaded are to use an acidification if spray is at a ph of 9 or higher, and to use between 4 and 6.2 ounces per acre. I know overuse and improper use of these Chems ends up making meds contaminated, so it's only going to be used once per crop at the very start of veg, and only to prevent the creation of a fungicide resistant strain of pm, because it seems that eagle 20 and banner maxx are the only other two good systemics, and I run some old cuts so there's no telling what the plants already had before I got them.

Pre harvest interval for grapes is 14 days, 45 days for pecans, so it is rated for edible crops

So my question is, if application rate for editing let crops, i.e. grapes or pecans at 4-6 fl oz per Acre, how many gallons are they assuming are required to saturate an acre of grapes? I need a mass/volume ratio so I can figure out the amount of grams per gallon or liter for clone dips.

Many thanks in advance
(And please no "ewww I'd never smoke shit with that used on it ever" bullshit, because you eat shit like this every day if you don't buy 100% organic produce, and there is such a thing as proper and responsible use so helpful opinions on application only please)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Horticulture/masabni/Publications/HO-83.pdf

The above pdf gives weight of Sovran 50WG per teaspoon and teaspoon measurements per gallon. By their numbers per acre translates to 400 gallons.

You know you're going to get those replies anyway. Like cooking bacon in a houseful of vegans. They're angry (poor diet) and opinionated (cranky from malnourishment) anyway, let alone when you remind them how much they miss bacon.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Honestly, I completely understand the thought process, because eagle 20 and avid got everywhere in my basement before I set up a station with a curtain and drainage bin to catch runoff, before I had a well thought out application strategy I probably poisoned myself mildly. What annoys me is that I'm the one at risk from applying it sloppily, not the community at large, with the 80-100 even 120 day pre harvest intervals I observe and the specific chems I use, the patients aren't being given poisoned meds. No longer use imid ever, just too long of a half life.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I'm gonna go with the 4 oz per Acre as instructed for grapes. So
112g/400gal for a total of 0.28g/gallon for anyone using systemics wanting to phase out eagle20. I got a lb for $95 which should make approximately 1500 gallons of spray. Beats the hell out of 125 gallons you get out of a bottle of eagle20 for $70

the gnome

Veteran
Ive never heard of sorvan but if it's listed for food crops thats a plus.
last summer i had a leaf septoria issue and i use actinovate.
good stuff and is made from a bacteria I believe

You know you're going to get those replies anyway. Like cooking bacon in a houseful of vegans. They're angry (poor diet) and opinionated (cranky from malnourishment) anyway, let alone when you remind them how much they miss bacon.

well sorvan must be on a vegan okee dokee list
this post has been up for over an hour and the weird one hasn't
descended in and gone menstrual on poor stanky yet :D

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
It's Deffinitely a chem, and not one towards the harmless side, it's one of those chems that contradict themselves. Like how eagle20 says it's rated for ornamental outdoor use only, then gives dosage rates, and pre harvest interval, and max apps per season for tomatoes and strawberries. Like, are people really growing ornamental tomatoes that they need to invest a hundred bucks on fungicide for? The labels on shit like that contradict themselves quite often. Kontos miticide is the same way, says ornamental only, then conveniently gives the dosage for tomatoes.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gonna go with the 4 oz per Acre as instructed for grapes. So
112g/400gal for a total of 0.28g/gallon for anyone using systemics wanting to phase out eagle20. I got a lb for $95 which should make approximately 1500 gallons of spray. Beats the hell out of 125 gallons you get out of a bottle of eagle20 for $70

Your math makes sense.

But their math is bunkum on the rates per acre/per gallon table. 1/3 of a teaspoon is 0.94g by their mark. Based on a 100 gallon mix rate, where ever the deuce they got that from. I haven't smoked any drugs today, maybe I'm bunkum thinking again.

I would definitely test this out on a batch of clones you aren't particularly kindly disposed towards.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I got a sturdy ass shiva skunk to test it on. Old pheno. From when sensi gear was actually vigorous haha, I'm rough on the skunk cuz it's the only thing under 23% in my collection, spoiled with all the med state clones now that I can handle a good IPM. I'll start with the .3g/gal, and if there's any reaction, I'll scale it down and dip a different clone. Won't be able to say whether it's effective to any degree, cuz the eagle 20 and correcting conditions already knocked out the problem, but I'll be able to give you guys an idea on how the plants react

jingus

Hey Man thinking about using that Sorvan too, how did it work for you and what application rate did you finally go with, thanks man

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I used .3g/gallon. I didn't really have pm before I used it so I can't speak to its effectiveness, but .3g per gallon Deffinitely didn't burn freshly rooted cuts. I'm switching to phyton 35, hammerhead uses it successfully and it's rated for food crops

jingus

I will look into that. I have been using eagle 20 for about 3 years and recently noticed some resistance on my Plat og. Looking for something with a different MOA to combat the resistance. Thanks man. Do you have a dilution rate to the phyton?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I will look into that. I have been using eagle 20 for about 3 years and recently noticed some resistance on my Plat og. Looking for something with a different MOA to combat the resistance. Thanks man. Do you have a dilution rate to the phyton?

I dont, but if you're noticing resistance you might wanna fix whatever environmental problems causing the pm. Ucdavis wrote that pm isn't systemic, it can only penetrate the plant at the site of germination through endocytic growth. Pm can get resistance to eagle20, but it won't keep coming back if you correct the problem. Get your vpd on point, up your airflow, and sterilize everything, the pm shouldn't come back

jingus

Working on that as we speak, got an industrial dehumi, and up the air flow significantly. But PM had never been a problem before. Looking at the label its .2floz per gallon, so roughly 6ml per gal. Just need a rotational fungicide to keep from the resistance, but all info is much appreciated.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Sovran is a powder. It's measured by weight. You don't necessarily wanna bring your humidity down, depends what your temp is. At 75-77*f I shoot for about 55-60% RH for a vpd of around 10. Pm is caused more so by poor plant health giving it an easy in. If your rh is too low for your temp, the plants health will be affected making it easier for pm to germinate.

jingus

Currently room is running 80-82. Humidity is at 61% when I went in there 2 hours in to flower cycle. I also use co2 tanks and regulator with a fuzzy logic system to release. I run @ 1300 ppm(not sure if that matters). How do I figure out the vpd. Website I looked up was a bit confusing. Thanks.

jingus

After this grow I'm gonna bleach everything. I brought some banana kush in that had some mite and even though I didn't see it I believe it brought the pm as well. Forbid and floramite whiped out the mite but I should have treated the babies with eagle 20 but didn't. So I plan on maybe using that Phyton 35 and eagle 20 to whip next crop currently in one gal clean. Then sanitize both veg and flower room. I usually go with a 2-1 bleach cleanse. Any advice that may work better?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I'd use alcohol or high concentration hydrogen peroxide as well to sterilize your room. Bleach works well, but it's not the perfect antiseptic that it's made out to be. I'd spray down the whole room with a 1:1 of 90% isopropyl/water mix, and then heat treat by turning your lights all the way up and unplugging your exhaust, let that room get over 120*F, any mite or spore in there will be killed

Latest posts

Latest posts