What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BI's Sealed Playroom

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
It's been a LONG time coming........but I finally got new rooms!

Tents have been retired, they served me well Now I'm working with a 14'x13' flower room and a 8'x13' veg/trim room. Everything is insulated, 36K BTU mini-split in flower.

Waiting on Gavitas, so using 2K worth of mixed HPS/MH right now. Just moved everything over. Giving a week or so to adjust, veg/transplant, then flip to flower. Will be using a mix of 5, 7, and some 2 gal smart pots in flower. Veg will be lit using a bunch of T-5's.

Full time flower will be in beds. Using an organic mix, handwater for now. Will be using Blumats shortly.

Flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Veg - packed w/supplies
picture.php

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Moms and clones. Everything is relaxing from the recent move......most moms got pushed around a little bit due to their size.

Current strain selection:
GG#4, L-Dawg, TK, GSC, P1, Legend OGK, WhiteFire, Lime Kush, Qleaner, ECSD, and Lazy Lightning,

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Yeah man, I've been waiting for this. Glad I got a front row seat :lurk:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Taggin' up for an epic thread in the making. Really like the looks of the set-up.

You should have used more spray insulation, lol:laughing: . That's one thing a lot of people forget to take into consideration. A little insulation goes a long ways. Night and day difference it makes with helping with climate control.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Always worth waiting for your show Brother!

Subbed :lurk:

Thanks Bench! I may FINALLY be able to show you pics in person this year! Trying to make that trip

Cool man. good luck with
everything

Thanks!

Yeah man, I've been waiting for this. Glad I got a front row seat :lurk:

It's finally paying off.......long ass time & lot of $$, but paying off.....:biggrin:. Glad you got a good seat buddy!

Taggin' up for an epic thread in the making. Really like the looks of the set-up.

You should have used more spray insulation, lol:laughing: . That's one thing a lot of people forget to take into consideration. A little insulation goes a long ways. Night and day difference it makes with helping with climate control.

Thanks DTOG!

I used a bit of insulation...........:biggrin:.....2" walls, 3" ceilings......yeah, buddy!

That being said, the difference is HUGE!

I currently have 1-1K HPS, 1-600W HPS, 1-400W MH burning, 2K total watts........temps are a high of 72-75 without the AC even on, just using the blower fan to circulate air. Cooling 6K of Gavitas shouldn't be a problem at all.

Another interesting point......the room itself has a baseline of about 900ppm Co2. I've barely had the tank turn on. With the addition of the beds & microbial life, I may not really need the Co2. I'm aiming for a max of about 1000-1100ppm Co2. Glad I didn't pick up the Co2 burner yet.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rub a tub sub.

Everything looks great, except for that dangerously horizontal bulb ;)

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Another interesting point......the room itself has a baseline of about 900ppm Co2. I've barely had the tank turn on. With the addition of the beds & microbial life, I may not really need the Co2. I'm aiming for a max of about 1000-1100ppm Co2. Glad I didn't pick up the Co2 burner yet.

Funny you say that. I JUST posted this 2 days ago in my own thread - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7235411&postcount=429.

And I dont think my rooms are sealed to the level that yours are. I really don't think you'll need any supplementation at all.

I've been running the same beds with the same dirt for over 2 years now and more and more wonderful things keep opening up from them.

Phases

What's your mix consist of?
I am using straight promix with added perlite. Prob about 30+ %
Have you ever done a comparison between straight PM and soil mix ?

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn dude, you got some mixing to do.
Hope you bought a cement mixer to help you out.

Tell us more about the beds, diy build ? Geo planters? Sizes?
I'm sure you got your plan laid out, but it's good to put some drainage rock at the bottom of your beds, soma style.
Rocks, fabric or weed block type shit, then mix.
At least IMO.

I'm sure you'll indulge us more later, lord knows you look busy!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gotta see this come together !!! you've got me jealous already lol

looking great BI :tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome, F.A.M.!!!

Can't WAIT to see you blow these rooms up! Your strain selection that is truly the best pot on the planet...straight up epic.

So very excited for you!!! :respect:

dank.Frank

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Very nice. Best luck

Thanks Pt!

sweeeeeeeeet!

:lurk:

:tiphat:

Rub a tub sub.

Everything looks great, except for that dangerously horizontal bulb

Haha, I'm feeling like a newbie w/the verts......I always like to try something new though.

Funny you say that. I JUST posted this 2 days ago in my own thread - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7235411&postcount=429.

And I dont think my rooms are sealed to the level that yours are. I really don't think you'll need any supplementation at all.

I've been running the same beds with the same dirt for over 2 years now and more and more wonderful things keep opening up from them.

I remember you mentioning the beds & Co2 levels a little while back. I don't have anywhere near that much microbial activity with the limited size of my pots.......so I'm hoping with the beds in there, levels might go up even more.

It's crazy how well recycled beds/soil performs.......:dance013:

Looks like going to be a good show love the stack of promix. Tagged and along for the ride!!!
What's your mix consist of?
I am using straight promix with added perlite. Prob about 30+ %
Have you ever done a comparison between straight PM and soil mix ?

Thanks Phases. Mix is Pro-Mix, Perlite(#4, super chunky), EW castings, lime(tiny, tiny bit), azomite, blood, bone, kelp, greensand, and biothrive.

I used Pro-Mix, Perlite, and occasional EW castings/pinch of lime in veg. I find it works very well, most strains of mine are happy for approx every 12-18" vertical growth in 1 gal soil. So a 24" plant would need roughly 1.5-2 gal soil. The amended soil has much, much more explosive growth. I would definitely consider amending your soil, I think you may be even happier with the results.

that insulation, jesus christ

Hahaha. I tend to overshoot things, most things in the room are pretty excessive.....AC, electric capacity, insulation, etc.

Damn dude, you got some mixing to do.
Hope you bought a cement mixer to help you out.

Tell us more about the beds, diy build ? Geo planters? Sizes?
I'm sure you got your plan laid out, but it's good to put some drainage rock at the bottom of your beds, soma style.
Rocks, fabric or weed block type shit, then mix.
At least IMO.

I'm sure you'll indulge us more later, lord knows you look busy!

I haven't bought a mixer.........yet! I seriously underestimated the work to mix this much soil. Just mixed up about 8 cu ft of soil to transplant this run in a week, forgot the effort needed, haha. Shit, hauling around 20 bails was enough of a work out.

I'll be using Geoplanter beds, very much like how I had my 3'x3' bed in the tent. The plan is 5 - 2'x4' beds per side/3K.......10 total beds in flower, 5 beds in veg, rotating out between crops.

Absolutely right with the drainage/rocks. I'm going to use ~3" of large drainage rocks as a base, ~0.5-1" of hydroton on top, then about 11" of soil. I got amazing drainage with the last bed......roots grew threw the bottom like a mat, it was crazy.

Oh boy, this is going to be good! Tagging along for this one.

Thanks Mellow!

I gotta see this come together !!! you've got me jealous already lol

looking great BI :tiphat:

Thanks Dans! It's coming along pretty well, almost done......besides hanging fans/filters and getting new lights, haha.

Got some new seeds to pop shortly........Game Changer x FBPK F2. Very curious to see what comes up.....FBPK was a good smoke.

Forgot this pic of the tall boys hanging out in the corner. Gotta mount them on the ceiling......the bulky bastards they are. Oscillating fans to go up shortly too.

picture.php

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Awesome, F.A.M.!!!

Can't WAIT to see you blow these rooms up! Your strain selection that is truly the best pot on the planet...straight up epic.

So very excited for you!!! :respect:

dank.Frank

Thanks buddy!!

I'm a very, very lucky guy with some awesome friends..........good people, good luck, and good karma all around. Super, super happy & honored to have what I do. :tiphat:

Just hope I can put on a good enough show for you guys!

Latest posts

Latest posts