What's new

T5 for veg and 1000 hps for flower

greendot

Wk 3 veg

Wk 3 veg

Sky walker and two other kushes and the two in the same pot are white deasel and gg4 that died well I forgot I had them in my garages and I'm trying to bring them back to life

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 11

greendot

So I got ahold of a old grower of mine and he has 10g smart pot from his previous grows. I bag them all up in trash bags took the root ball out can I use these to grow or is this a bad idea

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey greendot - nice to see you have a thread going. :woohoo:

I'll do my very best to keep up and answer any questions you might have along your journey.

---------------------

The 10g smart pots - great idea, as long as the person was a responsible grower and didn't have various pests. Either way, just for safety sake, I'd wash the smart pots with a 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution to mitigate any sort of mildew/molds - which I found to be my biggest issue with fabric pots.

Make sure you don't OVER water or over feed. There is a lot of soil there for such small plants - so keep in mind, their roots are not spread into the entire container. You don't want to have an overly wet soil in the bottom of those containers - which could promote an anaerobic environment (bacteria that grow in the absence of oxygen) - which means the roots will choke out and the beneficial bacteria you rely on will also die - and root rot will be soon to follow.

The other side to that is it encourages pest problems such as fungus gnats...

So just be careful not to over water!!

Is the soil they are in also FFOF? If so, then their might be enough nutrient present for the plants to veg for a couple weeks, without the need of additional feeds. It's easy to get salt build up in soil when feeding with liquid nutes.

------------------

Otherwise - I'm glad to hear GG#4 is still with you. She a real winner. I hope you get her to bounce back!

Is the plant in the front row on the far left - in the middle of a reveg? She looks like she has flowers on her?

:lurk:

dank.Frank

greendot

Ok I'll do the flush with the additive but this 7 in the pots I jus flush with to water and let air dry

As far as the one u talk of no I broke the top off water so it's jus bushy

The gg4 looks better everyday and the white deasil even better I'll take a pic of the to so we can keep track post coming

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OP are you asking, or stating hot5 for veg and hps for flower?

I have many successful grows through harvest under hot5, but I use a lot of aquarium bulbs. This grow I added 2 direct replacement LED hot5s from Transcend Lighting. They also make a veg tubes, but they are on back order

One of plants flowering ~ 30 days is Med-Man Blue Berry Cheese Cake. She's bigger than a beach ball

Drop by my thread if you want to see pics

LostTribe

Premium user
So I got ahold of a old grower of mine and he has 10g smart pot from his previous grows. I bag them all up in trash bags took the root ball out can I use these to grow or is this a bad idea

sure you can reuse them or grab a stapler and some landscaping liner at lowes and make ur own. If they are clean I would use them but don't reuse the soil if it has roots in it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can reuse soil if it has roots in it. I do ALL the time.

I've never tried "flushing" soil...I think soil should NEVER be treated as an inert medium. It isn't peat...it isn't coir...it's SOIL. It should be a living, breathing, functioning ecosystem.

I'm not suggesting you flush (because of over-feeding) I was merely making a comment in regards to nutrient burn / lockout being a possibility IF you are over-feeding - and with the roots not being fully spread out into the soil yet - there is nutrition that is yet to be utilized in those containers, just in the soil itself. Compound that with the additional nutrition from the bottle feeds...that again, is merely piling up where there are no roots - and I see that as formula for potential issues later down the road...theoretically.

If it's not broke...

I've also never used the Fox Farm line of nutrients either, so I'm of very little help there in regards to feeding schedules and it's been nearly a decade since I've needed a bottle to feed my plants...so I'm really out of the loop in reality when it comes to such methodology.

dank.Frank

greendot

Latest look and veg light

Latest look and veg light

The two in the same pot are gg#4 and white deasil they are looking ok I guess any thing I can do to push them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 10

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems to me the GG#4 and White Diesel are suffering from nutrient burn or lock out - or are stuck in a state of growth between veg and flower.

This could be a result of having been forgotten and left in the dark for multiple days - or they are in fact, re-vegging? Where these plants under any sort of inconsistent lighting schedule for a period of 5-7 days?

I'm not seeing those issues with the other ladies in your garden...so honestly, I suggest PATIENCE and DON'T try to push them or alter their performance in any sort of way. I'd wait to alter anything until they started showing normal growth traits.

Perhaps you might want to consider putting them in individual 1 gallon pots - so you can better cycle their wet/dry periods. At which point - you could start using some nutes after about 2-3wks in when their roots have gotten situated in their new homes.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm...how are things looking? Hopefully, they've begun to bounce back by now??

dank.Frank

greendot

I'm gonna send a few pics now the white deasil looking better but the gg4 is not looking to good but the rest of the grow is looking nice think I'm going to flower soon

greendot

looking good so far still haven't watered since week 3

looking good so far still haven't watered since week 3

I dont think she gone make it

Attachments

• 1449702932924-88601947.jpg
    1449702932924-88601947.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 14497029692311311383895.jpg
    14497029692311311383895.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 13

greendot

Update

Update

Ok I still haven't watered but today I will ....the wet dry stage I've got control over now the two sky walkers I will take a few clones off and the drop them into flower

Should I wait to put them into flower after I take the cuts or can I do that the same day

And what should my humidity be like between flower and veg

Pic update in a few hours

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RH in veg should be 65% or higher. You can carry that 65% into the first 3 wks of flowering and can then reduce to about 45% RH.

I like to give my girls a bit of time to recover after snipping on them...however, depending on plant size, and how I want my colas to form...I've cut and thrown things directly into flower.

Really, it comes down to secondary growth and how big it is...and knowing how much stretch a plant has in flower. If the secondary growth is just beginning at the internodes and I cut the top of that branch...and stretch is minimal on that strain, I know I'm going to end up with more single cola type flowers. If I cut a top and the secondary growth is already 3-4 internodes long...and the stretch is 3-5x in flower, then I know I'll have plenty of side branches full of buds.

It really depends on the strain as to how you approach such a thing.

About the only one in that pic that looks truly ready to flower out is the plant in the back row, in the center. It's got a nice even canopy forming and has some good lateral growth. You'll end up clearing away some of the bottom branches for increased air flow / preventing mildew, etc.

-------------------

The two plants that are in the containers together...GG#4 and the White Diesel - looking rough man. Have you checked and double checked them to make sure there is no pests? You honestly might be better off going to an emergency procedure and putting them in their own separate containers...smaller containers that you have more intimate control over. What you REALLY want to make sure of is root health at this point. You can loose a LOT of foliage if the roots are strong and healthy...the plant can often rebound.

I still say they look like they are trying to re-veg...or were in flower and taken out of flower. You have lower leaves that are yellowing heavily - and you have leaves that are clawing heavily. Kind of polar opposite signs. One screams I'm hungry...the other screams I'm being overfed (N). I wonder if you are some how having pH issues with those plants that is causing a lock out of nutrition?? Or again, if you have some sort of pest on them yet to be identified.

I'd put them in separate containers with FRESH soil. Something YOU KNOW is good without question. And I'd slowly try and nurse them back to health using compost/ewc teas - not for nutrition, but to stimulate biological activity within the soil itself, to promote root health.

I agree - you are close to loosing them. Not pretty. I really hope you get it figured out!

dank.Frank