What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Comercial Guerilla grows

Partisan

Hello there to you all! I have been lurking this forum for awhile and the time has come to start posting. As the title suggests I do outdoors grows with a purpose to sell my harvest. This season I grew Northern Lights and White Widows which turned out to be a mistake because I had to pull the plants aprox. 2 weeks earlier due to non stop heavy rains at the end of the season. The end product turned out to be complete shit visually because I had to split all buds into small parts because mold started spreading in the drying room and reportedly average potency (I dont sample/smoke at all). For the coming season I decided to look for more hardy plants and during the search some strain names consistently come up. My list currently looks like this: Bangi Haze, Blue Widow, KC33, The Church. I am unconvinced for a few - Serious 6, Trainwreck, Super Lemon Haze, Delahaze and Pineapple Chunk. In the case of Serious 6 I read about early flowering and I'll have to talk with Serious Seeds before I dump any money for beans since they are so pricy at the reseller. All of those strains smoke reports describe them as average or 6/10, 7/10 which worries me since potency is King for me. Are there any outdoor comercial growers that can share their secrets? I am at 43-44N lat and as I said potency is #1 concern for me followed by mold resistance and yield. Here pretty much at the end of every season it pours during those crucial last weeks. Sorry In advance if you find it hard reading through my inconherent post.

R

Robrites

Welcome to ICMAG Partisan! Lots of knowledge here if you can find it. Someone will be along soon to help you out.

Now I am not a pro by any means, but it seems to me that the referenced strains are not a good choice - without having personally researched them - but it looks like all of them are the normal/long-to-finish type.

Research on THC Bomb and Berry Bomb. Research dutch-passion's outdoors strains.

One strain that I am going with next season that's supposed to have slightly shorter flowering times is TGA Subcool Qrazy Train.

I've avoided mold in the past by raising the room temp to ridiculous levels, so mold couldn't spread - don't quote me on that, but look it up.

Pozdr :tiphat:

Also Sensi's Skunk I think. Overall, Dutch outdoor strains.
I've read someone praising the auto AK-47 on potency, don't know much more than that... could be an insurance policy..
Look up Cinderella 99, Erdpurt, Chital (?) Afghani - same company as Erdpurt.

The only personal experience - I've had AK-47 and Chronic chopped down early in Oct and they were really good.

Partisan

Thank you guys for the welcoming and the heads up on pineapple, Goon. Hey Purple I will definitely check out THC Bomb and Edpurt. Once I grew from them Cherry or Berry auto and it was meh considering it was an autoflowering gone guerilla. I have looked into Dutch Passion before and it seems its a favorite along with Hybrids from Hell for UK growers but the vibe that I got when reading their reports was that they have no other choice but to grow low potency but hardy plants. Makes me feel like a pansy when I think what northern guerillas have to endure and here I am complaining at 43 lat. I stumbled upon complaints about Sensi's shit since allegedly they are outsourcing everything after they lost all at some point. I have seen people shit on ak-47 auto because it molds like crazy but I will def throw in some autos on the side. Did you have any problems with mold for ak-47 and Chronic? From which seedbanks did you get them?

Gizmo

hello partisan, i think at your latitude bangi haze will be a great choice if you want to have big plants, im a bit far north so i think i will try the serious 6 who will be a little earlier for me but in your case you can grow both and both have quality end product for outdoor sativas. bangi haze is a inbred line who looks very homogenous with a lots of good traits and serious 6 seems to be mould resistant, early with very good yield but must not be germinated before may 1st or even may 15. its strange to see people like you growing but not smoking nor sampling what you sell. don't you use Cannabis at all in your life ?

Last edited:

Partisan

Weed is not for everyone and it certainly aint for me. I have smoked it numerous times and most of those times it fucks with my mind and it takes days/weeks to recover. Now I just mental gymnastics my way out of smoking indicas with "Dont get high on your own supply".

Have you grown Banghis before? On the side along with the autos I decided to add Early Sativa from Female seeds which they promote as semi-autos which is strange since it has no ruderalis according to them.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,ve mentioned this recently , you need to test grow a large variety of things . say 30/40 strains . then you pick the 5 best suited to your needs . breed(pollen chuck) make f2 of those strains . guys here can throw strain names at you all day long . but its in the testing you will find what you need. sometimes you have to crawl before you can walk.

N

NewAgeGenetics

yea I grow more than 100 strains till I find something really "worthy"

mold is depend on the grow spot / strain.

I actually do the same as you partisan. I'm at 41n so conditions are probably similar to yours also. I would recommend looking through Ace's catalog and maybe posing your question to dubi over in the ace forum. TOP of the line genetics and customer service. Especially if your looking for something different than the same old bland polyhybrid dutch genetics that 99% of seedbanks sell.

tech1234

Hey I may be a good comparison for you... You on the east or west coast?

KC Brains genetics are known for monster plants, cheap seeds, mid to top smoke and good mold resistance. I can attest to all of that (kc33) both in my GH and guerrilla

BigNoise

I can recommend Hybrids from Hell and KC Brains. The HFH will finish before the weather hits, and the KC stuff won't care when it does.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Incredible bulk was the new strain winner for me and its potent as hell, its earned a spot next year beside my beloved Delahaze. i know one thing the Delahaze is one the biggest yeilders ive ever grown and i doubt i will never not have it in my line up. i have 2 of the 4 strains as well next year that u have on ur list. blue widow,bangi. i picked up a few more Ace strains as well to test like panama, nepal jam,malawi and pck x cali china. i also sale 80% of my harvest so potency is king for my customers as well. Ace seems to breed for potency and mold resistance so im sure u cant go wrong with quite a few of their strains. gl