What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thrips?

Have u seen this bug? It tends to favor my hydro plants more than the soil ones, thats why i think its thrips. Its my first time havin any kind of bugs besides fungus knats but any help will much apreciated.

adrenaline

ICMag Donor
Looks like thrips to me. check for leaf damage. Google thrips cannabis and check the pics. I used mighty wash with good results, there are lots of other fixes for them. Consider yourself lucky, thrips aren't as bad as other pests, but act quickly or they will be. good luck

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Looks just like what I have been dealing with.
Just treated with spinosad yesterday, was using rosemary and clove oil until yesterday.

picture.php

picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type of clove oil? Concentration?

You've piqued my interest :)

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
picture.php

Pure extracts.

To make a liter of CONCENTRATE I used

13 ml. Clove extract
5 ml. Rosemary oil
6 ml. Dish soap
Water till full

But that is for a very concentrated mix that must be diluted before use.

I used 1 oz per spray bottle of water sprayed on.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting.

If you spell litre as I do, I believe it annoys them more. Like with the French saying everything backwards to confound the Anglish.

What size is this bottle? 500? 1000?

Spraying at night cycle? Have you tried lights on or full sun? Any wiff of burn?

I kept meaning to come back to clove oil, never got past "a few drops" in a kitchen sink spray. Drowned out in the other noise.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
710 ml bottle (off the top of my head)
I tried lights on, no real issues.
The only burn was on young seedlings and a very sensitive cut.
Lights out is the best bet, tho.

710 ml bottle (off the top of my head)
I tried lights on, no real issues.
The only burn was on young seedlings and a very sensitive cut.
Lights out is the best bet, tho.

Please let me know how that spinosad works! Ive been hearing/reading very good things about it.

DONAJTHEIII

I had a recent thrip infestation heres my opinion

If you didnt bring them in from dirty cuttings or a medium then they probably are coming through you intake ! I had to screen my intake well and the problem went away instantly. with that said yes spinosad is the best option to take them down but u need to find where theyre coming from but id also recc. a bomb for follow up to get any remaining. Also get some blue sticky traps to be able to tell if a population is amounting.

there one of the easier pests but they do cause damage and are vectors of other nasty shit

ewwwwwww bugs

oh yes ! one more thing people tend to fail to mention.

if youve had these guys for a good time they have definitely dropped some nice eggs for you in your medium waiting to hatch later on !

you need to not only attack them up above but also need to hit them with something as a root drench to get the future gen.

good luck

I had a recent thrip infestation heres my opinion

If you didnt bring them in from dirty cuttings or a medium then they probably are coming through you intake ! I had to screen my intake well and the problem went away instantly. with that said yes spinosad is the best option to take them down but u need to find where theyre coming from but id also recc. a bomb for follow up to get any remaining. Also get some blue sticky traps to be able to tell if a population is amounting.

there one of the easier pests but they do cause damage and are vectors of other nasty shit

ewwwwwww bugs

oh yes ! one more thing people tend to fail to mention.

if youve had these guys for a good time they have definitely dropped some nice eggs for you in your medium waiting to hatch later on !

you need to not only attack them up above but also need to hit them with something as a root drench to get the future gen.

good luck

This is a first for me, but what brought them was a dam plant that i took a clipping from outside an brought in an it wasnt even a weed plant so its jus my dumb mistake i did throw the plant away soil pot an all LOL an this run is almost done my next run i plan to have crab meal mixed into the soil an Diacromatious earth on top the soil an i wanna use a spinosad spray every once ina while on the plant so i figure that 123 punch will keep everything away.

DONAJTHEIII

I spray oils as soon as lights turn off only things that specifiy lights on do I use with lights on and thats only 15 min before lights turn off.

Personally spraying shit with lights on has never worked for me unless specified

PicosPoisonftw!

Zero Tolerance has been a bust for 'em for anyone considering it. Next day after a thorough drenching, there are live thrips on the leaves. Picking up some of that Monterey Garden Spinosad. Hate these fuckers.

DONAJTHEIII

Zero Tolerance has been a bust for 'em for anyone considering it. Next day after a thorough drenching, there are live thrips on the leaves. Picking up some of that Monterey Garden Spinosad. Hate these fuckers.

I'd let off a bomb then follow up with a spray and a Azamax drench.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a thread in the Canada subforum listing a few American companies that will mail over the border.

Get twice as much as you think you need.

trucker

Thank you Mikell , have heard good thing,s about spinosad . Asked at local hydro shop and got deer in head lights look. Oh well .