What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Source for jacketed 316 elbows and tees?

Looking for a source of jacketed elbows and tees.

Also, wondering if there is anyone out there producing dual jacketed
spools yet.

Many thanks

Rickys bong

Veteran
Jacketed elbows are fairly common in the food industry for things like sauces and chocolate that need elevated temps to flow.
Glacier can supply them, other sources are these guys:http://www.hollandapt.com/static.asp?path=2980,6691

or http://www.toplineonline.com/index.php?src=directory&view=topline

316 isn't really needed unless you are cleaning things with caustic or running salt water through the cooling jackets.

When you say dual jacketed, do you mean vacuum jacketed outer jackets?
I made this one and some others:
picture.php

The vacuum outer jacket is very beneficial when using LN2 or CO2 cooling but a lot of work. If there was enough interest I'd start making these to sell but they won't be cheap.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have ours made by Holland Applied Technology in Chicago,

2 best guys bring best replies.

That is exactly what I am talking about RB. Ultris??
Wanna make me some!? I wonder how uncheap "not cheap" is.

I'm experimenting with an aerogel jacket right now for my dewax column, so far seems to be working slick. I will have to do some comparison runs to see if it is really saving CO2.

Nah, that would be an insane amount of work for an application a vacuum would work better in. I'm using it as a insulation wrap on the outside of the column. The product is called Thermal Wrap (imaginative, I know) it is made by Cabot I believe. It is easy to work with, durable, and is dust free. It has a thermal conductivity almost 3 times that of polystyrene, and is a mere 8mm thick.

Latest posts

Latest posts