What's new

What are we doing? or We are going to die.

vta

Veteran
This is the best part...

The officials said the fish would not have to be labeled as being genetically engineered, a policy consistent with its stance on foods made from genetically engineered crops.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're definitely going to die.
No doubt about it.

I would like to see the research they used to determine that this gmo is safe for human consumption.
Bet there's been nothing studied long term.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I would like to see the research they used to determine that this gmo is safe for human consumption.
Bet there's been nothing studied long term.
This reminds of an advertisement I saw the other day for an adhesive or caulking product…can’t really remember. It was presented as brand new and revolutionary, nothing like it and nothing will do a better job.

They also said it is guaranteed to last 30 years.

So if it is brand new, how do they know it will last 30 years?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I always thought salmon was good the way mother nature created it. Humans are the most invasive and destructive species on the planet. Now we are mutating other living beings. Wtf over.

Skip

Veteran
I heard they simply took a gene from an existing salmon and introduced it into another subspecies. So it's not quite frankenfood, but the precedent it sets is what's scary.

Betterhaff

Veteran
^^^ They also inserted another gene from the ocean pout to keep the growth hormone gene inserted from the Pacific Chinook salmon turned on.

Skip

Veteran
What's really bad about all this HYPE over the GM Salmon, is that they keep saying it will help preserve fish in the wild.

This is an outright lie, since you HAVE TO FEED the farmed salmon fish caught from the sea.

It's not like they're suddenly gonna become vegetarians...

And all that fish from the sea to feed farmed fish is depleting wild species at an alarming rate, disrupting the ecology of the oceans. Whole food chains are at risk, around the world. Oh, but we now have GM Salmon and that will save the Oceans... NOT!

When our seas are nearly devoid of life, then all life on the planet will be doomed.

Betterhaff

Veteran
They’ll probably feed them fish pellets that are supplemented with GMO grains.

But yes the fish for the pellets have to come from somewhere.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
9 plus billion people. Something has to be done I guess. GMO's are scary. What would happen if they make a wheat, corn or soybean that just 10% were allergic to?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
we are the cancer of the universe...unless we can soon travel to other planets and survive we are screwed ...yeehaw..we need a new planet to contaminate

floralheart

Veteran
Since when did 10 billion people become too many people?

When every American and Canadian has a garden in their front and back yard, and there isn't enough food to feed the world, then tell me there are too many people.

If the Bank of London, Jerusalem, the Vatican and Washington D.C. had less and weren't driven by pure evil and greed, then there would be enough for everyone.

Get rid of 9 billion lives, or get rid of 4 institutions. You decide. What matters more?

floralheart

Veteran
The people who would engineer wars. Fake attacks. And create secret societies and spy networks to control everything. The problem lies here.

The real problem is the few taking too much. Not the many taking too much. The many often have nothing. While the few try to claim and take it all. Get rid of the obscene takers, and the rest will follow.

The obscene taking morons are the ones perpetuating the lie that there is not enough. When they've lost it all, you'll know there is truly, not enough. Not enough patience for bullshit and lies.

GMO food would be awesome if everyone was honest. With more food there would be less survival instinct, and maybe we could get there if we try. Ban war, not people or food.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Since when did 10 billion people become too many people?
(when we got so numerous as to begin degrading the planets ability to heal itself after our abuse)

If the Bank of London, Jerusalem, the Vatican and Washington D.C. had less and weren't driven by pure evil and greed, then there would be enough for everyone.
(what in hell the city of Jerusalem has to do with it except as a basis for irrational paranoid scapegoating hatred of Jewish people, i have no earthly idea. or the Vatican, for that matter. DC and the BofE i could live without)

Get rid of 9 billion lives, or get rid of 4 institutions. You decide. What matters more?
(we ARE overpopulating our home. Mother Nature has ways of fixing shit like this without our help...)
just enough truth to take the shine off of the paranoid delusions. i'm with you on getting rid of DC though....those fuckers have LONG outlived their limited uses. now, they are a liability.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
There's plenty of food to go around the only reason it doesn't seem that way is because of how wasteful we are. If you've ever worked in a kitchen you would be amazed at how much food gets tossed out because it went bad or how much food comes back with the dishes that the customer didn't finish. I also remember a town I lived in that had a chain of doughnut shops and one centralized bakery. Every few days they would put out with the trash 33 gallon bags full of doughnuts that were still good to eat but not fresh enough to sell. Before they put them out though they would call the local food pantries, homeless shelters, etc and give them first crack at them.

Another issue more recently has been people using farmable land to produce crops for ethanol. If all farmable land was dedicated to food production only we would have a lot more food. Worse yet is that some farmable land the owners get paid not to grow in order to help to control prices of certain products.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
So because morons and slags can't take a precaution or two you want to steal to pay for their food with other peoples money and grow it in other peoples gardens? How about we just limit people to 2 kids and stop sending aid to countries who refuse.