What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

floralheart

Veteran
I don't listen to rap music, for the most part, but... I got free tickets through a guy I opened a business with 20 years ago. Mobb Deep. (late 90's early 2000's)

I think Limp Bizkit, Bisquick, whatever was headlining. Family Values tour, maybe?

It was weird. It was a line of coreographed black guys dancing. Weird. Everyone seemed to love it. The music was bad. The black guy line dancing was weird. Just all around not very good.

What's your worst?

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I saw Keller Williams once..it was horrible...I think he was on something that really slowed him down..no energy, just randomly playing shite music with some stupid recordings and a really crappy voice..it was just low energy yuppie music.

willostat

ACDC maybe Blow Up Your Video tour...it was simply just too loud, couldnt even tell what they were playing. Same thing with Metalfest, there were about 25 bands like Deicide, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse and Sepultura I loved all the bands at the time but the volume made it incomprehensible. I found Ozzy really boring just bobbing his head pacing back and forth on the stage for an hour. The best concert was Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse of Reason.

waveguide

Veteran
there's a famous quote.. (thanks pwei) something like, music is something sacred.. it was never meant to sell us toilet paper and douche. given that every part of bullshit life needs music with it, music today doesn't mean shit, it's all as nasty as a well used plastic dildo up a whore's ass, has lost all relevance from oversaturation, lost all it's meaning to babble.

it's no doubt that the exhilaration of the concert experience may wear thin and feel cheap after you get used to being herded in and herded out again for a bunch of crap bullshit designed to fuck your head in. go get your cheap canned romance or rebellion, you won't know the difference if that bullshit is the standard you gauge your life by.

hear it is, jerry falwell...

What is the truth about rock music? Music is a powerful and perhaps the most powerful medium in the world. Music. Plato says when the music of a society changes, the whole society will change.

Aristotle, a contemporary of Plato’s, says when music changes there should be laws to govern the nature and the character of that music. Lenin says that the best and the quickest way to undermine any society is through its music..

Music, ladies and gentleman, is the gift of God it was given to man to offer praises to God and to lift us up to him and to exalt Him to touch the tender recesses of our hearts and of our minds.

Satan has taken music and he has counterfeited it, convoluted it, twisted it, exploited it and now he’s using it to hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer a message into the minds and the lifestyles of this generation.

end quote.

shithawk420

Veteran
Ozzy boring willostat?i was at the last ozzfest with the blacksabbath reunion and ozzy had so much energy like the ozzy we remember.nothing like he was on the stupid realty show.he even commented on how good the weed smelled.hands down the best concert i will ever see in my life.i was so lucky.judas priest,slipknot,even slayer was there.i really wish they had smart phones back then so i could record it.still never seen a nicer pair of tits sense!lol cant say ive ever been to a bad concert.the one OP described sounds terrible

CoCoSativas

I don't listen to rap music, for the most part, but... I got free tickets through a guy I opened a business with 20 years ago. Mobb Deep. (late 90's early 2000's)

I think Limp Bizkit, Bisquick, whatever was headlining. Family Values tour, maybe?

It was weird. It was a line of coreographed black guys dancing. Weird. Everyone seemed to love it. The music was bad. The black guy line dancing was weird. Just all around not very good.

What's your worst?

I don't listen to mobb deep but there's lots of hip hop I love.

Shania Twain was my worst. Lol do doubt I like rap music but I don't like country...

The second worst was the game. I mean it was pretty funny but he was too wild. He was tripping wasted on 40s. I like the game but he was out of it that day and the shit was wack...

There was a shitty techno rave someone invited me too a couple years ago. Even on drugs the music sounded fucked

CoCoSativas

Ozzy boring willostat?i was at the last ozzfest with the blacksabbath reunion and ozzy had so much energy like the ozzy we remember.nothing like he was on the stupid realty show.he even commented on how good the weed smelled.hands down the best concert i will ever see in my life.i was so lucky.judas priest,slipknot,even slayer was there.i really wish they had smart phones back then so i could record it.still never seen a nicer pair of tits sense!lol cant say ive ever been to a bad concert.the one OP described sounds terrible

Mobb deep isn't that good. Some like them but not me.

Lol you know where thread is, there's alot better rap in there but it's not your thing so no matter what you probably won't dig it.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Free John Sebastian & the Lovin' Spoonful concert..Sept '67...I can't remember a single minute of it.

I can't remember if I even went in the stadium...??

mayorofthdesert

The Dwarves at "The Shark Club" Las Vegas, early 90's. The Shark Club was a trendy dance club, the dwarves, well, the dwarves. I can't remember who the opening band was, but they drove all the regulars out the door. There might have been 12 of us left when the dwarves took the stage for about a half a song. I'm not sure what they expected of us, a dozen "kids" on an expansive dance floor, but they gave up, went up on the balcony and started throwing pizza, drinks and whatever else was up there down on us, the few folks that came specifically to see them. Wow, so very punk rock...

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Jethro Tull 1975. Roadies came out and told the crowd what Jethro Tull didn't want going on during the concert and got booed. The band came out and immediately the crowd did everything on that list.

Ian Anderson got a case of the ass over it and went out of his way to fuck up the music by pausing to snort into the microphone and shit like that. I was really disappointed in how shitty that concert turned out to be.

Cool Moe

Veteran
For me it was the Boss. Tickets were hyped but four hours of fan frenzy seemed like three and a half too much. Dude is a good songwriter and energetic performer and all that but his voice is harsh and the cheerleading gets old really quick. One, two, three, four...! I've never wished for a show I was attending to be over for a longer period of time than Bruce Springsteen.

meadowman

aerosmith in the mid 80's. they were so strung out we booed em off the stage. thank god uncle ted opened up for them, he came back out n played for another hour or 2.

Green Squall

For me it was the Boss. Tickets were hyped but four hours of fan frenzy seemed like three and a half too much. Dude is a good songwriter and energetic performer and all that but his voice is harsh and the cheerleading gets old really quick. One, two, three, four...! I've never wished for a show I was attending to be over for a longer period of time than Bruce Springsteen.

When did you see him? I went to his show in 2007 at Gillette and loved it. I remember we smoked weed with a couple who hadn't gotten high since college. I think we made their night :biggrin:.

T

turtle farmer

Day On The Green at Spartan Stadium in San Jose.
Soundgarden was soo doped up that one or two nodded off mid song,and got booed off stage.
Korn and Devo was cool that day,and Metallica just plain killed it.

dickcorn

Ashamed to even admit... Nickelback. Father in law thought it be good bonding time.... God I fucking hate nickelback.