What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DoobieDuck Predominantly Purple 2015/2016

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome family to my humble purple grow diary. I am going all purple for a specific reason you won't find any other grower doing...for the images.

This spring and summer I was showered with "likes" - "thanks"- buckets of appreciation- a couple magazine covers- many magazine articles....and I even sold a couple prints at the Emerald Cup last fall of what Peeps are going nuts over..purple cannabis. Who'da thought?

Myself, I've yet to understand- why the craze over the color of cannabis. Big ass glass display cases, rows of colored buds with lines of on-lookers ready to buy. Colas that are more in demand and fetching better prices than true dirt farmed outdoor NorCal weed? WTF’s going on..Isn’t the goal of smoking pot to get high; or- as in the case of the dispensary with the big glass display cases, getting medicinal relief of some kind. Relief? …my Riteaid pharmacy surely isn’t contemplating lighted glass displays with different shaped and colored Norco pills for me to ogle over and contemplate purchasing my next trip in?

Well all this eye candy is certainly bringing attention and shining a spotlight on me & my lenses. It's good for a photographer that is keeping up.

This grow will be some different varieties by some recognized breeders. Some seed I asked them for, some they gifted me, and some I had to purchase to acquire as I couldn’t bullshit the breeder into donating to my winter color shoot; Most breeders welcome the chance to have a strain grown out by me as the advertising and promotion I give them in return is priceless.

That’s a cool thing, I’ve worked years at building this relationship with my brothers the breeders, some of our elite who have been so gracious to me. I don’t think I’m really that special..I just try very hard to give back as much as I can.

Enough of the rant Doob let’s get on with the grow..

It’s so good to see you all and me attempt this. My health dictates what i can do and how much I get done each day, despite that I’ll do my best to see this thing through, shoot and post till my lenses get fouled with purple resins. I'm going to try and make it worthy of you making it one you follow. Please join me..

I’d like to thank the following with their varieties listed along with them, these all germed last week:

KenDogSmoke with Kasey’s Gush and Grape D-

Gooey Breeder with Purple Mayhem and Midnight Snow-

Ocannnabis with Dank Desire x Pure Gooey-

Relentless Seed with Blackberry Rose, Steve Urkle, and Purple Bomb-

Riot Seed with Double Black Doja F2-

Humboldt Seed with Old Family Purple feminized

-and from my stash, seed gifted to me in 2008 from Esbe (before there was a Hybrids from Hell).. his Afghan x ErdPurt BX..all three seed I had left sprouted! I'm including an Image of that ^ Erdpurt cross from 2008 grown by me.

And a couple images illustrating the color of cannabis by me this year..peace..DD

edit..oh and my greenhouse yesterday morning. That mound on the right side of the image is our rows of tomatoes...good-by tomatoes..

attachment.php

Esbe Afghan x Erdpurt 2008..somewhere here at ICMag..
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3094-afg-x-purt-web.jpg
    IMG_3094-afg-x-purt-web.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2067-greenhouse-11-15-Wjpg.jpg
    IMG_2067-greenhouse-11-15-Wjpg.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 12
  • skunk-macro-cover-3-2015-W.jpg
    skunk-macro-cover-3-2015-W.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 10
  • vegas-cannabis-cover.jpg
    vegas-cannabis-cover.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 16
  • canna-now-cover-CW.jpg
    canna-now-cover-CW.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome...if you want some purple Stank...you know where to find me... :joint:

Front row seat. :lurk:

dank.Frank

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I must admit the purple buds I got from Chimera's Ultimix sent a tingle down my leg. Bring on the Purple Pot Pix!!!

Dog Star

Veteran
Allways nice pics from Doobie...,me adore nice pics and all that micro-beauty.

All the best there

Millerstreeandl

Excited to ride along. I absolutely love your work. I have some purple mayhem waiting to go into flower so will be cool to see yours in action.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Hey I'm not to late yet. Great to see ya purp it up DD

To be quite honest I've missed you and your photos for some time. Very nice when one of the good guys reappears in the threads!

And also congratulations on all the successes. Wonderful to see you getting some ink