What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LA CON. / KOSHER KUSH

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Alright back at this again. It's been awhile been use to do hydro bit I am switching to soil. I just planted the clones yesterday and they are looking much better in the new pots. I am going to try gh 3 part as I have used it before. Pics to come soon.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I am starting with a T5 light and I am going to move to a 1000 light. This is the first time I have done soil. I hope that it is as easy as hydro was. My only thing is ph in the soil. I was thinking about mixing my nutrients and letting them bubble for about 12 hours to let the ph stabilize. Then water.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
So I went down to get some root additive and some ph calibration stuff so I could calibrate my ph pen. Battery's have died and I haven't used it in a couple of years battery's were dead. Changed out re calibrated now seems to be working properly now.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Being new to soil I am using black gold just coir. Now can anyone tell me how often I have to water being they are clones and in 1 gallon pots.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Regarding Ph, what type of soil mix are you using? I use a mix of Happy frog and Promix BX. With that mix, I keep the Ph between 5.8 and 6.3. Usually mix up my garbage can with food, anph to 5.8. I bubble my res and let it drift up to 6.3 over the course of a couple days. While that is happening, I obviously use some of the water.

When I re-adjust the ph , I always fill the can up to the top, then re-adjust to 5.8. I water when the pots are light feeling when I lift them up. Or I stick my finger down inside the dirt and feel how moist it is. If it's still moist underneath the top layer, I hold off on watering until it's on the dry side, and/or the pot is light feeling.

I don't let them go completely bone dry, as the micro-life doesn't like that( I use Great White, and the happy frog has bennies).

Just saw your using coir. So you are basically growing hydro. I would try and keep the ph at 5.8, and until the roots get established let the coir get semi-dry. Once you see growth, and know the roots are jamming, multiple feeds per day makes them jam.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Yeah I held back on watering until I notice the pots get lighter. Now I have 2 different strains and I notice 3 of them have drooping leaves. Is this due to over watering. Or is it the ph. I have a bucket that I have mixed the nutrients in and let them bubble and check ph. Then I will add ph down because I am about 7.6 after a day of bubbling nutrients. I would post a pic of what they look like but I have to figure some room on my phone to be able to post the pics.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Here is what I am talking about

Attachments

• 1446059106129-161277332.jpg
    1446059106129-161277332.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 12

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Yeah, maybe let them dry up some. That way the roots will grow and spread out, looking for water. They do look like they are a little bit hungry too. Maybe up the nutrients a little, the next feeding. And always check PH after mixing in food, before you water(that's what I do), and I always check the ph after the water has sat overnight.

Constantly adding PH down, without adding back fresh water into the rez, can cause problems as well. I found that out first hand,, lol. What are your temps and humidity like ? If it's cool in your room(65-72) small plants like that will take longer, to take off.

I like to use a heat mat under small plants like that, when the cool/cold season comes. IMO it really helps to give them the jump start they need. Plus it helpsto dry the medium out, and build roots for more frequent waterings. I'm by no means a pro, just giving some advice on a few things I have learned that have helped me over the years.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I have the room temp right about 85 with a low humidity most of the time. I am not sure if low humidity is bad at this point I know it is good later on.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran

I think this is day 11 of veg on these clones and they finally seem like they are getting ready to take off. I have the light away about a couple of inches it's a T5 so not a lot of heat. I am trying to keep Temps down I am right about 80.

Attachments

• 1446767251568-161277332.jpg
    1446767251568-161277332.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 11

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ok so I have a question I am getting ready to set up my flower room. I am using a grow tent 4×6×8. I am using an in line vortex fan on my light. Now the question is does it matter if I have the fan right next to the light or can I mount it outside the tent and just duct in the ducting trough the hole and connect that way. Because inside the grow tent I don't have any place to hang the vortex fan. I was using gh 3 part nutrients but I think since I am growing in coco I think I was getting some deficiency I had some yellowing on the leaves. So I switched to jungle juice for coco. I am thinking of switching to connoisseur for coco for flower has anyone had any success with using advanced nutrients connoisseur. Since switching nutrients I seen to have a very much nicer green plant then I did.

yocs

I used to mount my fan and scrubber inside the tent. I was loseing height so I mounted outside the tent. That will be fine. The only thing i noticed is the humidity gets a little bit higher now than it did with the fan inside.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I used to mount my fan and scrubber inside the tent. I was loseing height so I mounted outside the tent. That will be fine. The only thing i noticed is the humidity gets a little bit higher now than it did with the fan inside.

I'm not sure why the humidity would go up with the fan outside as oppose to inside but who am I to say. Thanks for the input. I am going to mount outside the room just because I have no place to mount the fan inside the tent

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Some people use an in line fan and just vent straight out there grow room. Well at least that is what I was doing all up until this grow. I wasn't doing the air exchange last time I was just venting light out and using an ac unit in the room for air. But I was also using co2 enrichment. I am going to use co2 as well this time it I am going to use an intake fan out an out take fan as well so I have plenty of air exchange. I want to get the most out of my growing as I can. I want to dial in to make it as close as possible to growing outdoors.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran

Ok here they are about 2 weeks into veg from clone. I finally think I got it going right finally. Didn't do any research on coco before I started I thought it was like soil. But the more I read it is just like growing in hydro. And I have had no issues with hydro. So now that I have done some research about coco I am using the right nutrients so I don't get any deficiencys. The yellowing on the leaves you so are from not having any cal mag in the nutes. I was using gh e part with no added calmag. But now that I have switched to a nutrient that is designed for coco things are starting to take off.

Attachments

• 20151109_132935.jpg
    20151109_132935.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20151109_132923.jpg
    20151109_132923.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12

yocs

if your going to vent your air out I would only do it on a timer at night or whenever the co2 isn't running. Otherwise you'll just be pulling the co2 out at no benefit.