What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2mx3m greenhouse 1 plant; Purple Maroc; 50N Europe

sprinkl

Veteran
So I've been rocking this type of €60 greenhouse third year in a row now and I feel like I almost nailed it this year.

First year the plants touched the roof during stretch which lead to a bug infestation, had to snip off all the main tops, leading to a delayed flower and a forced harvest with much mold and small buds. I kicked myself in the nuts for growing them in full soil instead of in pots.

Second year I grew Purple Maroc in the greenhouse, full soil, and outdoor, 70 l pot. I also had height issues but supercropping managed to keep it under control. The greenhouse had collapsed and was only 2x2 but the plant yielded over 300 grams with some mold. I used a small fan for air circulation which really helped.

Greenhouse plant. It was a lot bigger in my memory. lol.
picture.php

Outdoor plant
picture.php

2015, got me a new greenhouse for €60 and placed it so the dominant wind direction blows straight in the door. The cover was blown off a couple of times before digging it a bit deeper in the soil but it was worth it. I also made two 2" by 6" holes on the other side so air could actually move through it.
Purple Maroc again, started inside around the beginning of April.
The plan: fill the greenhouse as good as possible through lst'ing and supercropping.
I took a lot of pics but lost most so here are the last pics a week or two before the chop.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the full 3x2m greenhouse, there was some room unfilled in the corners and in the front but the plant took a minimum of 4 square meters I'd say.

I used a fan after first sign of mold. Humidity stayed high throughout which may have stretched the buds a bit more than they would have. Also my N levels could have played a role in it, the plant was a bit too green at harvest to my liking. This was a sativa pheno of the purple maroc so it may just have been sensitive.
Bending and supercropping was hard at times but I persevered and it worked out pretty well. I just think I should have snipped more sucker shoots. Every time I bended one top a dozen small shoots would emerge which I would just tuck under the canopy. This definitely decreased my average bud size, which means more trimming work offcourse..

I harvested in 3 times with each time a week in between. First all the fattest, ripest tops, as I started noticing mold and checking this plant was - literally - a pain so I played it safe. Maybe a bit too early but nothing dramatic. Then the second part were lower buds and the last part was all the fluff which got a really nice dark purple when I harvested it yesterday. Good to see that the calyxes got really swollen up and the buds, though small, ripened well, I'm glad I did a staggered harvest. I might brick or cob the last part as it'll dry really fast otherwise.

I'm still trimming but yield should be over 500 grams easily. If anyone wants to guess feel free, the final weight is what's driving me to get the trimming done tbh.

So, back to trimming for now, I'll add some pictures of the trimmed buds later.

gorilla ganja

beautiful plant. Did you use light dep. ? we are at similar latitudes and I have a few questions. When did the Purple Maroc finish for you? U also grew it outdoors ? Third year growing this strain, can you describe the high? What other strains have you tried that finish that far North? Whose was the breeder for this strain? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Great job this year.
Peace GG

sprinkl

Veteran
Thanks, it's not the most solid construction but the first one lasted me 2 years, can't complain for €60 I guess!

beautiful plant. Did you use light dep. ? we are at similar latitudes and I have a few questions. When did the Purple Maroc finish for you? U also grew it outdoors ? Third year growing this strain, can you describe the high? What other strains have you tried that finish that far North? Whose was the breeder for this strain? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Great job this year.
Peace GG

Thank you :) no I did not use light dep. This plant's first harvest was halfway october and the smallest buds were harvested two days ago.
Last year I also grew it outdoors, indeed. That was in a pot and it finished before the end of september.

It's actually only my second year growing this strain, the first year I described I used a mix of S1's from previous years(got about 1 seed per 25 gram), but here goes: my plants have always looked sativa dominant, some friends of me grew it and their leaves and structure seemed more indica, I'd say it's about 50/50 but I can't comment on how this affects the high. The high in my case is a sativa dominant hybrid high, which can activate me to do things but after a certain hour does put me to sleep more easily than I'd like. Though I've tried vaping a couple of days ago and I didn't get sleepy until after midnight and 4 hours of hitting vape balloons. I just kept getting higher and everything stayed clear and I was in a pretty damn good mood. I've gotten tripped out on it before, it gets hazey after smoking too much joints. It's potent for sure. For me, even after smoking the same weed for a year, it cuts through many indoor hybrid highs, which all seem to have such a low ceiling compared to this. Maybe it's indoor vs outdoor as well but it's remarkable how hard this weed can hit you when there is this general concensus that people can get tolerant to specific strains.
I used to think outdoor was a waste of time at this latitude... Now I can't find a reason to grow indoor anymore.

Let's see, the year before this I grew Outdoor Grapefruit, finished third week of october in pot, there was some horrible weather back then though.
picture.php
[/IMG]

And the year before that Easy Sativa, finished by first week of october
picture.php
[/IMG]

All strains are from Female Seeds and I think they can all finish by end of september or earlier in the right conditions, when grown in pots. They're all potent, have a distinct taste/smell, have good resistance to rot and other disease, never had to specially treat against bugs when growing organic, strong hybrid vigor, some tendency to make some seeds here and there - like I said, 1 seed per 25 grams from my first two seasons - or make late flower nanners - only spotted that this season, after letting the fluff go for another 2 weeks.

I love this breeder for outdoor strains, no-nonsense, no ridiculous prices, the product speaks for itself.

gorilla ganja

Thanks so much for the info. It seems you have a longer season than me. To be on the safe side I need to be finished most years by end of September. I will check out the strains you mentioned. Thanks again.
Peace GG

sprinkl

Veteran
End of september is the goal here as well, most of Female Seeds outdoor strains should finish by then at our latitude but there are offcourse a number of factors that can delay that date, IME:
-growing plants in full soil rich in N, or overfeeding N in pot, or continue giving 'grow' nutrients or others rich in N during preflower/flower
-growing big plants
-growing old plants/plants you start indoor, they are less responsive to change in light
-growing in a greenhouse - the colder outdoors will have plants finishing faster

But these strains can take some cold and wet weather... Enough air circulation and a good microherd both around the roots and on the leaves will prevent a lot of bad things from ever happening.

A friend grew their new strain Red Purps, the description didn't really interest me but the weed smells damn nice, kind of a diesel/chem funk to it..

amanda88

picture.php

This is just aching for a visit from the Pm or Bud rot angel
a more suitable strain for such a clime is essential(imo) in such crowded conditions I'd try
and get 250mm between plants create a breezeway and keep that air moving, study up
on Neem Oil has saved me a many a crop due to mold and bugs
if you really need this strain grow indoors ...but yeah nice pics