What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack O'Nesia with Shooey (x3 only)

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hi All,

Well, it's finally time to get this thread started, I've had these plants going now for a few weeks...I'd also like to take a moment to say thank you to Karma G for gifting these back in 2010...

Methodology and Strain Data:

Jack O Nesia Specs:

Jack O Nesia is a very special girl. After winning the ICMAG 420 cup (in 2009) with this cut of Amnesia, I crossed it with my proven Jack#22 male. The results are an easy to grow hard-hitting (hazy) hybrid. Smells range from a candy-like bubblegum to spicy haze. It’s got a decent stretch which works well with topping. She is more on the sativa side and a lovely plant to grow! (taken from http://karmagenetics.com/jack-o-nesia/)

Genetics: Amnesia (D cut) x Jack #22
Type: Hybrid
Flowering Time: 9-12 weeks
Height: Tall
Yield: High

--------------

Seedling Stage

9 seeds were sewn directly to coco under 125 watts of blue CFL until fully rooted. Sadly due to gnats getting at them, I lost some and some never sprouted (see diary below).
Seedlings fed Canna Coco A+B (0.5ml week1) 1ml + Rhizotonic 1ml.
pH 5.8, EC 1-1.20

Veg and Pre Flower Stage

3 Plants were transplanted to 10 liter pots to veg for 2 weeks before being flipped, at which time I'll take some cuttings. Feed at this stage is Canna Coco A+B 1ml - 1.5ml .
pH 5.8, EC 1.25-1.50

Flowering

All pots moved to my DR120 under 600 watts of sodium for the remainder of veg(6-8 days). They'll get flipped when theyre 18-22 inches tall.
Plants will be fed Canna Coco A+B 1ml-1.5ml plus Sulphos Gold C at 1ml from week 1, up to 3ml in week 3 of flowering, reducing after week 6/7 . At some point we'll also be adding Canna PK 13/14 for 4 days.

pH 5.8, EC 1.25-2.00 (during PK boost)

Flushing

(lets hope we get this far..)
Flush will be 14 days consisting of GHE Ripen for 10 days and 4 days of straight water.
pH 5.8, EC as little as possible ...

-------------------------------

Here's where we're up to...

start date:
5 of 9 sank in 3 hours of soaking...all 9 sunk after 6-7 hours

6 showing signs of germ, 3 not...
5 above ground, one still wearing her helmet..
4 look ok, one fell over (seemed snapped? helmet was still attached maybe why) put the 3 non starters back in water, one has split..other 2 are sunken but not split..

a second fell over...

3 continue to look good 1 stunted... the re-soaks came to nothing..

started on 1 A+B and 1 rhizo...topped at 4th node.

potted 3 on to 10 liter pots, the other still growing but slowly...

vegging along side some Green Poisons under 600w HPS... could be flipped anytime, just waiting for the GPs to catch up but whatever happens, they'll be getting flipped this week so as to be done for Xmas... with a bit of luck the Jack O will be done for new years eve...

Pics...

a few weeks old

picture.php

picture.php

just before transplant to 10ltr

picture.php

picture.php

5 minutes ago

picture.php

as I said...I'll be flipping them this week, then the good pics can start...

until the next exciting episode, be lucky
j

Last edited:

weshjo

ICMag Donor
First :biggrin:

I'm happy to see a new jon grow thread!!

Hope you will find a keeper!!

Best vibes!

Last edited:

Coba

Veteran
I said, nice ... one ... bruv!

I have one of Karma's Jack hybrids in my garden Anfs, his SSSDH x Jack ...
It's got a stretch. I've in-crossed them and out-crossed and, all the smoke is dank.

I'm sure you're going to find something good!

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey shooey,

Nice bro

Have not seen the Jon online for a while looking forward to seeing you grow them out

Thanks for the info on your grow also saves the questions haha

GA

JamieShoes

Veteran
@weshjo - thanks man, I really hope so too as these genetics are pretty much all my faves rolled into one (twice lol) - I only got 3 up and running from an old pack but maybe I'll get lucky... I got everything crossed :)

@Coba - hey Toeses :) sounds like a winner, I was only just saying how much I thought of the SSSDH, I bet thats where your getting that big stretch eh? I heard she can stretch for 4 weeks without missing a beat ...

@GA - cheers bro, I'll try n keep it well updated with pics etc (just have to hope at least one of them is a girl ;) ).. maybe if you're around in April, I might get to share.. I guess we'll have to wait n see :D

@Gastro - hey, thanks for looking in man...I have to flip this tent in the next 2 days as the other plants in there need to be out for Xmas... so, with a bit of luck, this thread will get a bit more exciting in no time at all :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
always busy brother... just that I dont usually have diaries for everything... really I only tend to do diaries after ppl gift me seed or if theyre test grows with the understanding that there'll be a thread, when that happens I do a thread and link it in my sig like some kind of free ad...it kinda grew a bit lately, I may have to take some out if it carries on lol

right now I'm going through a lot of seeds while I rebuild my mumstocks... it's an adventure eh, keeps me busy :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
Time for an update on these contenders :)

So, I flipped them a few days ago (on the 23rd) and at that time the two taller were 18 inches and the shorter was around 16 inches... as of today (27th) theyre now 23 inches and 21 inches respectively :)

I've noticed some kind of deficiency appearing, not something I've seen in my tent before but looks to be either Magnesium or Manganese.. what ever it is, I've upped the base a bit and given them a few doses of Sulfos Gold C which contains all kind of trace elements so should cover all bases..and in case it doesn't, I gave them some Hypro spraymix foliar feed as well... newer growth seems fine (a little light bleaching) but fingers crossed the deff has been dealt a swift exit ....have to be careful not to over care for them at this point, I'm just not used to seeing hungry plants ;)

from the website:

GOLD C is made ​​up of:
* plant growth hormones
* boron
* amino acids
* molybdenum
* carbohydrates
* algae extracts
* manganese
* copper
* iron
* zinc
* potassium
* betaine

ok, pics...

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Veteran
a little slow with the updates on this one, but I been waiting for them to show sexings... the first 2 have been showing for a few days now but the 3rd was taking "her" sweet time :)

as luck would have it, I've got 3 girls, now they've all shown, I'll grab some cuttings later today, probably about as late as I'd leave it really.....structurally these are looking great, everything you'd expect from a Jack/Amnesia cross... all signs of whatever that deff was have left.. they seem to be happy looking ladies... big things to look forward to with a bit of luck...

pics

(yes, thats the original WD40 cut in the background there ;) )
picture.php

and
picture.php

looks great in there man. seems like you sorted the nute issue out , nice work.

J, whats the amnesia D cut?
from my limited reading, ive heard of coffeshop cut, core cut, moppel. Never heard d cut before. any ideas what it is?

ahh, the infamous wd40. one of the few rare elites i can pick up at my local newsagent.lol:dance013::dance013:

keep up the great work m8

JamieShoes

Veteran
J, whats the amnesia D cut?
from my limited reading, ive heard of coffeshop cut, core cut, moppel. Never heard d cut before. any ideas what it is?

not really mate... maybe someone else knows for sure... afaik the moppel/core and c-shop are all the same one though ...

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my favorite cross from Karma to date.
And I've tried a ton of them.
You're in for a treat, looking I good so far!

ChemCat

This is my favorite cross from Karma to date.
And I've tried a ton of them.
You're in for a treat, looking I good so far!

I agree, still the best effect i've had so far from any plant, really enjoyable high and a lot of different sativa pheno's to find

CC

Alpen rock

+1

Jackie O is a true champion (in my books)
Once upon a time there were loads of threads in the Karma section displaying its beauty and the growers amazement:biggrin:!!

The pheno I have is jack dominant, pretty much grows itself into big juicy, spicy lemony nugs.It remains sticky when dried, and oozes with big trichs.
The high is racy at first, then uplifting and longlasting (a good 2 hours).

picture.php

picture.php

Im tagging along your thread, you'll find some gems in this pack for sure, can't wait to see the results, thks for sharing:tiphat:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
When i get my computer back i will have a look see if i can find some older pictures.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Thanks for looking in everyone, really great to hear (and see) all your positive comments.. would love to see those pics sometime Karma if you're ever able to dig them out :)

I've just realised how far behind I am with my updates on this thread so I'll give a quick one... sorry, it's been hectic what with being butchered by the dentist, subsequent infections, then friends coming to visit and cups in Amsterdam and everything else.. it's been bonkers...

Ok so where we're up to...

Currently at 5 weeks of flowering (although the photo below is from 4 weeks, I'll get some more tonight) and I've given them a few doses of PK. Because theyre in with a load of indica doms they've been getting a bit too much N as for a while it didnt seem like I needed to change anything.. anyway they're getting less base A+B now and shot of PK when they look like they need...

At this stage there's load of budsites, structurally much like Amnesia but the smells I'm getting are very churchy and peppery (this is exactly what I hoped for) so I'm feeling good about them... from here they look to be 2 10 weekers and an 11/12 weeker... that could change though, we're a long way from there yet :)

So heres a really crap pic from last week (sorry).. it wont tell you much other than there are budsites everywhere :) ...

picture.php

JamieShoes

Veteran
Took some cuttings as well... don't worry fellers, the pics will start getting good soon :D

picture.php